[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was the funding for the promotion of this movie flatlined
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: Idiocracy.png (309 KB, 326x486) Image search: [Google]
Idiocracy.png
309 KB, 326x486
Why was the funding for the promotion of this movie flatlined after initial screenings?
>>
>>67063431
because documentaries are boring
>>
File: TiredOfBullshit.jpg (37 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
TiredOfBullshit.jpg
37 KB, 251x242
>>67063431
It's a relatively uninteresting concept made specifically to appeal to the 13-17 demographic that thinks they're smarter than everyone else.

>hurr durr, idiocracy is happening fur realsz
>look how smart i am compared to the sheeple
>hurrrrrrrr
>1984 wasnt supposed to be a manual you guise
>brave new world too tho

Example 1 was kind enough to comment:
>>67063781
>>
>>67063431
Because it was movie that produced to fulfill a contract. Anyone saying it's because it's mediocre is wrong. Mike Judge didn't want to do it and you can tell.
>>
Doesn't really have mass appeal.
>>
wasn't that good to be honest
>>
>>67064666
>made specifically to appeal to the 13-17 demographic that thinks they're smarter than everyone else

That was barely a thing when the movie came out. This is Mike Judge we're talking about, he likes to make comedies about idiots so he took that to its logical conclusion, it wasn't like a sweeping political statement.
>>
>>67064849
You're right, didn't think of that.
I just hate that attitude so much.
>>
>>67064666
Fuck off satan. You talk like a fag and your shits all retarded.

>>67063431
Dont know why, but man its a funny movie.

Interesting theories with the whole relatability to the world today.

>We are currently experimenting technical differences.

Gimme somma that Brawndo, need to mutilate my thirst..
>>
>>67064849
>young idiots who think they're smarter than everyone else are a recent development
>>
>>67064928
It wasn't "cool" to be like that until recently, in the early '00s being edgy was the big thing.
>>
File: Salty.jpg (61 KB, 443x490) Image search: [Google]
Salty.jpg
61 KB, 443x490
>>67064927
>Fuck off satan.
Now why would he say something like that?
>Interesting theories with the whole relatability to the world today.
Oh, cause the post was about him.
>>
>>67064666
>look how smart i am compared to the sheeple

This. Everyone who watches this movie and feels this way did not get the actual message of the movie at all.
>>
>>67064666
>that image
>this post
>>
File: fuck_yeah.jpg (65 KB, 362x403) Image search: [Google]
fuck_yeah.jpg
65 KB, 362x403
>>67064666
>wrestler mentality President running for office
>fox news host wrestlers
>dipshit rednecks everywhere
>explosions, profanity HAHAHAHAHA
>bright colors, slogans, and more profanity

I still believe it was quite accurate.
>>
the studio forced the movie to have a voice over, thereby dumbing it down, creating a black hole of irony which sucked up the promotional budget
>>
Funniest American movie I've ever seen, it's equal to Four Lions, the funniest British movie of all time.
>>
File: dumb fucking kids.jpg (44 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
dumb fucking kids.jpg
44 KB, 480x360
>>67064666
>>
>>67065017

>>67064666

Look hard, the post itself has nothing to do with me...
>>
Spotted the reddit.
>>
>>67063431
that was one of the worst movies I ever saw, I don't know what the heel I was thinking in watching the entire shit
>>
>>67068851
le texting ruined muh shakespeare, fucking kids
>>
>>67063431
It was put out only to fulfill the contract
>>
File: 1412751443951.jpg (134 KB, 701x845) Image search: [Google]
1412751443951.jpg
134 KB, 701x845
>>
life becomes best when you succumb to your primal instincts.

If in the future, we're dumbed down but were able to develop robots before this happened to do our manufacturing and farming then this will be the ideal life for us. No work, just staying at home batin', eatan', and enjoying life.

When you think too much life becomes stressful, annoying and unhealthy.
>>
>>67065401
>wrestler mentality President running for office
>fox news host wrestlers
>dipshit rednecks everywhere
I can tell a faggy anti-white cuck wrote this

Republican voters score higher than Democrat voters on IQ tests, tests of scientific knowledge, tests of political knowledge, even when controlling for race.
Most people who get out of prison go on to vote Democrat.
Whites from republican states tend to score higher on IQ tests.
White people who are from a family with a combined parental household income of less than 20k score only ~2 points less on the SATs than black people who are from a family with a combined parental household income of more than 200k.
Black people with postgraduate degrees score about the same on the US national adult literacy survey than white people who didn't even attempt college but completed HS. It's more of a general aptitude test than your ability to read.
Fox News viewers are dumb though, but Fox News viewers aren't the same thing as Republican voters.

http://thealternativeright.com/2016/01/08/republicans-are-smarter-and-more-knowledgeable-than-democrats-but-spend-less-time-in-school/
http://thealternativeright.com/2016/01/08/white-privilege-the-callback-myth/
(literacy survey data is here)
>>
>>67066958
Underrated post
>>
File: 1394194528317.jpg (80 KB, 350x335) Image search: [Google]
1394194528317.jpg
80 KB, 350x335
>>67071552
>he literally put "white" in the name field
>>>/pol/
>>
>>67071552
>White people who are from a family with a combined parental household income of less than 20k score only ~2 points less on the SATs than black people who are from a family with a combined parental household income of more than 200k.
kek
>>
>>67065401
>It's a shrimpdicked white Democrat post
>>
wow this thread is balls
>>
>>67071552
>http://thealternativeright.com
>>
>>67071738
yes

you're thinking of alternative-right.com
this one is just two guys writing articles

the data is in the link
>>
>>67071552
Mistah Stahtistik!
>>
>>67064666
>>67065245

>implying Mike Judge movies are meant to be taken as serious intellectual commentary

Holy shit contrarian edgelords, kill yourselves
>>
>>67064666
You're talking really faggy right now.
>>
>>67071688
don't get butthurt man, those were good points
>>
>>67071552
>the alternative right
right, I'm sure those are 100% accurate statistics without any agendas, voting for a guy who has appeared in wwe doesn't seem really like high IQ behavior
>>
Hit too close to home for a lot of audiences.
>>
Name a better joke this movie had than
>H&R Adult tax returns.
>>
lead is mike judge self insert.
everyone else is you.
>>
>>67073646
If it's sourced IN the link then it's valid.
What, you assume that becaude the link is from somewhere that you personally disagree with that they are incapable of sourcing their info?

Get your head out of your ass and at least check it first before dismissing the guy. Not even agreeing with him, just telling you how idiotic you sound.
Same as those faggots who dismiss FBI homicide data because it personally offends them.
>>
I just wish they had cast a good looking actress as the prostitute, she was ugly as sin
>>
>>67075196
PTA disagrees
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.