[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this so good, /tv/? Could a remake work? Will Spielberg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: jaws.jpg (65 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
jaws.jpg
65 KB, 480x720
Why is this so good, /tv/?
Could a remake work?
Will Spielberg ever go back to horror?
>>
>>67063171
Directed by Micheal bay starting Ryan Reynolds, mark ruffalo and ken watanabe
>>
>>67063171
>Will Spielberg ever go back to horror?
What was Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?
>>
It really is great.

>mfw have a personal kooky take on the movie where you can read it as a kinda Dungeons and Dragons tale transposed to a modern setting. A monster is attacking villagers and the town guardsman has to rise up to defend the village. He is aided by a curious bearded sort with arcane, esoteric methods and knowledge (literally a wizard) and the grizzled old monster hunter who hangs out at the tavern.
>>
>>67063171
I've never cared for it, not a bad film just meh. Honestly the only Spielberg film that I really love is Raiders of the Lost Ark.
>>
>>67063171
It's Spielberg's masterpiece.
>>
>>67064665
This because it cannot be topped.
There will always be a better sci fi film, war film, but no one can do this without copying it.

>>67063171
Speilberg imo, is making films that interest him due to his age it is easy to figure out what him and his demographics will back. So no horror, or crazy conceptual stuff to flip his oscar rankings.
>>
>>67064643
whhhaaaatt? catch me if you can,jurassic park, saving private ryan, schindlers list, the terminal, hook. these are all really good speilbergs movies
>>
>>67064588

I don't buy it but that's a pretty interesting interpretation.
>>
Robert Shaw was the movie, he stole the show in every single scene he was in.

Hard to believe he wasn't even nominated for an Oscar
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 694x851) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 694x851
Amity Island is a nine-part part mini-series based in part on the 1974 novel and subsequent blockbuster lm Jaws. is star-studded television event will re-examine the classic tale of a small resort town that is nearly torn apart one summer by a string of vicious shark attacks. Told through a contemporary lens, Amity Island goes beyond the danger in the water and delves into themes of paranoia, corruption, and obsession.

Bradley Cooper stars as recently hired police chief Martin Brody, who has barely settled into his new home when the rst attack occurs. While Brody wants the beaches shut down immediately, Mayor Vaughn (Ray Wise) insists that the shores stay open for a lucrative tourist season, which the recently hurricane-ravaged island desperately needs. It’s only when the attacks persist that the islanders must accept that there’s terror in the water. A local reporter (Olivia Munn), looking to earn her big break, is determined to expose the story at any and all cost. is only exacerbates the situation, bringing a media frenzy to Amity Island along with marine biologist Matt Hooper (Oscar Isaac) and shark hunter Quint (Hugh Laurie), who come to lend their expertise.

Amid the chaos of the shark attacks, Brody nds himself drowning in a sea of personal troubles, including an unhappy wife (Janina Gavankar), a de ant son (Dylan Sprayberry), and a town full of dark secrets lurking beneath its idyllic facade. As tensions rise on land and at sea, it becomes clear that if the situation is not resolved quickly, Amity Island may be pulled under for good. Together, Brody, Hooper, and Quint embark on a dramatic mission to destroy the shark, and are forced to confront their own demons along the way.
>>
>>67063171

Quint's monologue about the fate of the USS Indianapolis is one of the most haunting sequences ever committed to film.
>>
>>67065786
All are good, but none are great. I'm not trying to be a contrarian by shitting on Spielberg, but most of his movies are entertaining yet unremarkable.

Raiders being the one exception, 10/10 masterpiece
>>
>>67066518
>not six-episode limited
sickening t b q h
>>
>>67066518
I totally could see that happening from the first paragraph
>>
I can seeb it now. Jaws reboot with a great Black Shark. Thst is how it works now.
>>
>>67066564

Personally, I was always a fan of

>Anti-shark cage. You go inside the cage?
>Cage goes in the water, you go in the water.
>Shark's in the water. Our shark.
>Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu, you ladies of Spain. For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston.
>And so nevermore shall we see you again.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.