[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Bunuel hate the lower class?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Viridiana-4.jpg (150 KB, 1200x878) Image search: [Google]
Viridiana-4.jpg
150 KB, 1200x878
Did Bunuel hate the lower class?
>>
No, he was a commie
>>
>>67062981
All commies hate the lower class and see them as useful idiots to be exploited for the sake of revolution.
>>
>>67063007
>useful idiots
nice meme, good way to tell you're talking to someone with an internet "education"
>>
>>67063031
>meme

There's that word again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN8ifx6r3W8
>>
>>67062981
so what
>>
>>67063124
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks5qyfxtYt8
>>
>>67063007
This
>>
he hated pretty much everybody
>>
Bunuel is big of pretentious lol random shit. Every single one of his fans are huge cocksuckers. Kill yourself
>>
>>67064670
would you describe Bunuel as a misanthropist or philosophical pessimist? I've never watched his movies but this might convince me
>>
>>67064856
Neither, go watch his films. Start with L'age d'Or
>>
>>67063124
So he started the meme?
>>
Have you seen Nazarin or The Exterminating Angel?
>>
He didn't try to glorify them and he certainly finds faults in the nature of man. Kinda refreshing seeing poor people not being portrayed like holy martyrs.
>>
File: Los-Olvidados-Poster.jpg (34 KB, 300x401) Image search: [Google]
Los-Olvidados-Poster.jpg
34 KB, 300x401
He certainly expresses contempt for the lower class and it is evident in this movie, which is pretty good, but the overall message is that poor people will repeat the mistakes of their parents and never be able to break their internalized chains.
>>
>>67065023
This is the hardest era to find an "uncle tom" though
>>
>>67064908
I found it on Amazon Prime, will give a shot tomorrow
>>
>>67065032
fuck wrong thread
>>
>>67065027
I saw this movie years ago. I think you're wrong but it's not fresh enough in my memory to debate you.
>>
>>67062956
He didn't, he just showed them like the upper classes really saw them, and subverting the trope by humanizing them at the end.
He did that with the upper class in The Exterminating Angel.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.