[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Predict the state of cinematic capeshit in 20 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: capes.jpg (271 KB, 1195x760) Image search: [Google]
capes.jpg
271 KB, 1195x760
Predict the state of cinematic capeshit in 20 years
>>
>>67053576
The same as it was 10 years ago
>>
>>67053576
Marvel v DC films.

Screencap this shit.
>>
File: treasure4.png (613 KB, 631x474) Image search: [Google]
treasure4.png
613 KB, 631x474
>>67053576
This is actually an interesting question, as I think the pendulum has swung from Gen X demanding a grittier, grimdark, Frank Miller treatment of their comic book heroes, to a Millennial demand for lighter, more noble and bright movies.

Capeshit will undoubtedly go away sooner rather than later, as genres come into and go out of vogue, but we may just end back up at 1970's style of capeshit when Millennials hit middle-age.
>>
Likely replaced by vidyashit, animeshit, starswarsshit, or whatever the fuck is going to be hip at the moment. Also, in order to survive, cinema would probably start to employ gimmicks like interactive storytelling or something. Cinema is fucked
>>
Google Glass like Choose your Own Adventure t b h
>>
>>67053576
Hit or misses for films. I believe some of these flicks will push boundaries to stay relevant, aka an Xmen flick that actually utilizes the full team (not wolverine and the xmen), Fantastic 4 somewhat closer to the comics but intertwined within the MCU.
Ghost Rider/Blade/Morbius team up with the Punisher in a midnight sons R rated action flick.
>>
Probably nonexistent.
>>
>>67053576
It will be considered overdone and will have spawned some sort of countermovement. There is nothing extraordinary about a certain genre being popular at a certain time
>>
>>67053576
It will be dead, Manga/Anime/Japshit take over, spearheaded by a Kaiju cnematic universe and a Gundam 0079 movie trilogy for the 40th anniversary.
>>
We will be experiencing a revival of noir and women's melodramas capeshit will have died
>>
They will make superhero movies about internet memes like pepe, rageface and so on.
At least we'll have the chance to see the smiling merchant on screen
>>
File: 1457404263385.jpg (79 KB, 750x737) Image search: [Google]
1457404263385.jpg
79 KB, 750x737
>>67057234
Will it honestly be Pepe: The Flick, Pepe: The Movie, Pepe: The Film, or Pepe: The Kino?
>>
>>67056147
>spearheaded by a Kaiju cnematic universe
I would absolutely love this to be honest
>>
>>67053576

All of those characters will appear in movies.

Some of them will have a different gender.

Most of them will be of a different race.
>>
Meme cinematic universe. Starting with Slender Man who battles Tulpa Man then Tulpa Man ends up creating all the classic memes you all love.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.