[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What a bunch of great movies. Reeve is totally charming and cool.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
What a bunch of great movies. Reeve is totally charming and cool. Why can't we get more lighthearted capeshit anymore?
>>
>>67050169
Because Nolan
>>
>>67050169

Because of Tim Burton, actually. Burton ruined the typology, and Nolan was tangentially successful with a different typology, so now that's the norm.

But Burton is the reason it failed in the first place.
>>
>>67050169
I'm glad they changed. Not because I dislike Reeve's Supes, but because I like to see some change. If I want lighthearted Superman, i'll watch the old movie, and if I want a more serious or grim tone, I'll watch MoS.
>>
File: Superman vs. Wonder Woman.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Superman vs. Wonder Woman.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
We can, but some executives are certain dark and gritty is the way to go with everything
>>
>>67050228
What? The fucking cartoon based on Burton's Batman was more serious than the movie. I blame the denial of young adults that cant accept capeshit is and always be aimed for children.
>>
>>67050169
Because no one would watch this trash.
>>
>>67050269
fantastic
>>
>>67050228
Burton's Batman is lighthearted in a dark and ghotic setting, like all Burton's movies
>>
>>67050444
There is fucking nothing lighthearted about Burton's Batman.

He literally murders criminals while smirking.
>>
>>67050544
>Death is shown as something silly and funny

How is that not lighthearted?
>>
>>67050544
fuck off Kevin Smith
>>
>>67050169
We do, it's from marvel
>>
>>67050169
>>67050269

The Avengers movies are very lighthearted. I definitely wouldn't say they're dark and edgy at all.
>>
>>67050169
There are these things called Marvel movies. Where even the god of thunder is Quipman.
>>
I haven't watched the old movies in a long time but I have the feeling that Reeve's Clark Kent was really good, but his Superman was pretty lame in terms of characterization
>>
>>67051852
his Superman is too anime.
>>
>>67052462
>anime
Kill yourself.
>>
>>67050169
Because this isn't the 70's anymore you fucktard
>>
File: supes.jpg (137 KB, 943x1200) Image search: [Google]
supes.jpg
137 KB, 943x1200
The idea that Superman is a boring infallible boy scout has killed chances of a decently lighthearted live action Supes film imo. Studios think they have to make him grimdark like Batman to sell him to any kind of major audience.
>>
File: 1439583354039.gif (122 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1439583354039.gif
122 KB, 600x800
>>67052634
>Lois dies
>LOIS?!?!?!?
>AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>goes so fast he turns back time with the power of love
>LOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>67050187
>Because Nolan

and Snyder
>>
Edge Sells.
>>
>>67050169
>What a bunch of great movies. Reeve is totally charming and cool. Why can't we get more lighthearted capeshit anymore?

Blame the WB executives
>>
>>67050544
When you type it like that it sounds like some shit out of a horror film and not the lighthearded thing it actually was
>>
>>67052905
Snyder is Nolan's yes man
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.