[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bronson
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: Bronson.jpg (162 KB, 1920x1038) Image search: [Google]
Bronson.jpg
162 KB, 1920x1038
Finally watched this and loved it. Made me sad in some parts. Just overall a gripping movie though, like and anti-Forrest Gump.

But how come Hardy can put on such a convincing voice of intimidation in this film but sound like some kind of caricature in TDKR? There were moments of bellowing shouting that to me sounded like a better fit for bane. Did he choose the retarded voice he used in Batman?

Anyways, thoughts on this movie or the guy it's based on?
>>
>>67050060
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvTrbnouU3Q
>>
best scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WjoAe2aymM
>>
>>67050060
Great movie, Hardy's best role IMO.

And yeah I don't know about TDKR, Nolan is lord and master of everything in his movies he probably told Tom "do a posh Dracula"
>>
>>67050060
>like and anti-Forrest Gump.
I don't understand the comparison
>>
>>67050325
Fucking retarded. There were moments where Bronson's voice hit this terrifying insane baritone growl and made me think of what could have been.
>>
>>67050060
>put on such a convincing voice of intimidation
That's just English
>>
>>67050370
larger than life story with fabrication of a "touched" person trying to function by whatever their mental capacity allows them. One is a feel good guy who means well and acts on simple notions of love and friendship and selflessness, the other is a lunatic who doesn't know what he means or what will really make him happy other than simple notions of violence and narcissism.
>>
>>67050060
idk what old style this movie was supposed to be, but i was born in 1998. and to me it was boring as fuck
>>
File: bane mask.jpg (65 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
bane mask.jpg
65 KB, 500x250
>>67050713
>but i was born in 1998. and to me it was boring as fuck
This is why millennials must burn.
>>
>>67050713
Refn should have left more of the boxing scenes in it for you.
>>
>>67050495
>the other is a lunatic who doesn't know what he means or what will really make him happy other than simple notions of violence and narcissism.
I'm glad someone finally said what many are too scared to say about Forrest gump
>>
well you know hardy didnt actually voice bane
>>
>>67050775
>>67050783
>falling for this really shitty b8
God damn, step up.
>>
>>67050713
Fuck off you fucking child.
>>
File: 1390614536868.gif (614 KB, 245x136) Image search: [Google]
1390614536868.gif
614 KB, 245x136
>>67050815
>>
>>67050060
ON MY ARSE NOT IN THE ARSE YOU FACKIN' HOMO
>>
Tom Hardy has kind of a little pepe
>>
>>67051196
Probably a grower. It did look like a cold cell.
>>
This movie has the best music/scene combination.
I've watched this clip a million times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9ScZsKoBgo
>>
am I viewing this scene wrong, or does the art teacher have a crush on Bronson?
is that why Charlie's so pissed off?
look at the way that he stares at him 0:20 onward:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l30kkPQfJM
>>
>>67051572
I think part of the storytelling is from his delusional point of view where everyone loves him and he's "famous". If you watch it again, all of the characters that help him don't even flinch at his batshit insane actions or awkward social skills. They all worship his muscles. He's a loony man-child so this is how he perceives himself. I don't think he got pissed, I think he was making a spectacle out of a hostage situation because the only thing that made him feel alive was the adrenaline of fighting.
>>
>>67050325
>Posh Dracula
Dracula HAS to be posh, unless you're doing the actual historical figure he was based on (who was most likely 'posh' too).
It's just mandatory.
>>
>>67050060
>>67050325
>>67050399

IIRC, Tom was imitating the voice of an Irish Traveler for Bane.
>>
File: Bronson lube.webm (3 MB, 651x350) Image search: [Google]
Bronson lube.webm
3 MB, 651x350
>>
File: bronson club scene.webm (3 MB, 744x400) Image search: [Google]
bronson club scene.webm
3 MB, 744x400
>>
Horrible film, decent soundtrack.

This is yellow....
>>
Tom Hardy's best role to date, probably tied with Locke.
Also better than Drive.
>>
File: bronson smiles.webm (2 MB, 1440x779) Image search: [Google]
bronson smiles.webm
2 MB, 1440x779
>>
>>67050325
It was more like Sean Connery with a breathing mask.
>>
>>67053256
Welp.
He is infact not a big guy.
>>
ITT: Cunts.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.