[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did he use slow motion so much? It came off as very amateurish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: hateful_eight_poster.png (444 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
hateful_eight_poster.png
444 KB, 1200x675
Why did he use slow motion so much? It came off as very amateurish like something you'd see in your first year of film school.
>>
>>67049846
Comedic effect

People seem to forget this was a comedy as well as a potboiler mystery.
>>
>>67049900
It wasn't funny at all though. It was jarring.
>>
>>67049931
Everyone laughed in my theatre. Even at the woman-beating, which was surprising considering my city is libcuck territory.
>>
>>67049931
It was hilarious. Everyone was laughing the whole time.
>>
>>67049931
Are you trying to say the "diabolical bitch" line wasn't fucking hilarious?
>>
I love seeing Madsen as a psychopath
>>
>>67049931
it's ok to be a pleb
>>
>>67050150
He wasn't really a psychopath. Just a gangster doing his job.
>>
>>67050336
He was laughing and clearly enjoying himself when he followed the nigger's bloodtrail
>>
>>67049846
he explains it in his interview with Elvis Mitchell

http://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=564&pid=1633079

unsurprisingly, he saw the slow-mo cutaway in an old action movie and wanted to see if it could translate as a dramatic moment. Apparently it hasn't been done before.
>>
>>67050911
oh the old action movie is actually The Getaway. He talks about it 12 minutes in.
>>
>>67049931
If you didn't laugh, you're beyond help.
>>
>>67050150
It was cool seeing him in a movie that wasn't shite
>>
File: hipster-hotties-13.jpg (23 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
hipster-hotties-13.jpg
23 KB, 500x328
>I thought The Hateful Eight was a fantastic feature and genius for Tarantino to use the 70mm film, he used that to the full extent
>>
>>67049846
The only itch I had about the slo-mo is when Joe Gage said he doesn't have a gun.

Apart from that the slo-mo was well executed as with every other aspect of the movie.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.