[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>see a well directed movie or a great acting performance >imagine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Why.png (78 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
Why.png
78 KB, 412x351
>see a well directed movie or a great acting performance
>imagine yourself as the director or actor
>imagine receiving all of the awards and most of all respect and admiration for something you've done

I realize that this is really pathetic but I do this all the time. Anyone else know this feel?
>>
>See people shaking hands on TV
>Imagine shaking hands
>Cry
>>
>>67046854
dumb frogposter
>>
>>67046854

i know that feel

>tfw don't even do anything to make it a reality i.e. try to land acting roles or direct small films to build up a career
>tfw can't even act well

it's just not meant to be for us, friend. just enjoy your dreams and wait for death. then we can dream forever.
>>
File: frogtrash2.png (376 KB, 878x900) Image search: [Google]
frogtrash2.png
376 KB, 878x900
>>67046854
dumb frogposter
>>
>>67046854
I dream this a lot. Especially when watching the Baftas. But I guess I'm studying film and and currently in the process of making my last film so I'd like to think its not that much of an impossibility if I continue to put the work in
>>
>>67048616
meant to say last film for my course.
>>
>>67047450
>>67046854
Every city and almost every town has acting classes. They exist for all ages and all experience levels. Just go for it and have fun.

>>67048616
What's your film about? What are some movies you like?
>>
>>67046854
I try to keep myself grounded. I don't like having those fantasies, they unnerve me for some reason.

Maybe that's why I don't have goals: I don't like to think I can be successful.
>>
>>67048676
Its a comedy, about a very socially awkward guy who finds a jacket from an 80's Movie and adopts the persona in an effort to be cool and get laid (similar to Drive stories I guess). It goes well for a while, but his over confidence lands him into situations with some criminals who end up kidnapping his new love interest, so he has to use this new courage to go into their apartment and save her in a Hotline Miami sorta way.

Got quite a large crew involved actually so I have high hopes for it. I'm the Writer/Director and plan on putting a few /tv/ easter eggs in for the shits and giggles.
>>
>>67048616
What are the Baftas? Were they made in agreement with NAFTA? Are the Mexicans getting free awards they didn't earn as well as all the other shit they got?

Fucking Bill Clinton....
>>
>>67048676
Movies that come to mind:
Anything by Lynch
Clockwork Orange
Shaun of the Dead
Leon the Professional
Whiplash
American History X
Election
Kill Bill: 1
>>
>>67046854
Yeah I used to dream about becoming a director. Then I turned 20.
>>
>>67049140
British Academy of Film and Television Arts
>>
>>67049211
>tfw 19
Does that mean my dreams of directing are gonna evaporate as well? Because honestly I don't actually have a backup plan.
>>
>>67049495
Just make films in your own time.
Ideally study a film course, doesn't have to be 'film school', I'm doing a University Degree in London. Work up your skills, get contacts, get on film sets and get noticed. 19 is very young.
>>
>>67046854
That's why 'm becoming an actor, I'll be a hit around the time I'm 26. I'll give a shout out to yall
>>
>>67049670
Yeah, that's what I keep hearing. All about connections.

I really need to work on my skills. Wanna get really autistic with details.
>>
>>67049698
Good luck, anon. Are you already living in Los Angeles or New York?
>>
>tfw want to make a living being a background character in random movies and tv shows
>>
I do the same thing
>>
>>67049770
If you can manage to get into SAG, the rates for background work are actually pretty good.
>>
>>67049770
Check out a doc called That Guy...Who Was In That Thing. It's primarily about that type of background character.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.