[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
>tips fedora
I'm getting tired of the constant cliffhangers. I love the show but it must be much more fun to binge-watch because half the episodes end in a cliffhanger and it's getting on my nerves.
>>
Two episodes in and Sarah Gadon has been on the screen for two minutes. I guess /tv/ tricked me once again
>>
Bout to watch the new one. Franco directed it. I'll be bach.
>>
>>67046806
That was only an intro, she's in it for real from ep.3 onwards.
>>
>>67046702
>waaah I was born after everything became binge-only
Are you even old enough to be on here?

I've been really enjoying it. I haven't read the book (keep meaning to read through all of King's stuff tied to the Dark Tower series, plus the series itself), but I was dumb enough to look up how it ends. Looking forward to the rest of this though. I'll have to catch today's episode tomorrow or Wednesday.
>>
>>67047165
>waaah I was born after everything became binge-only
I was saying that this is better viewed in sequence without waiting a week between cliffhangers.

In your twisted mind you interpreted that as some sort of invalid complaint? It's invalid to complain about incomplete storytelling, and it's invalid to suggest that experiencing an entire story as a whole is better than experiencing it in fractions once every week.
>>
File: 1437589506981.jpg (35 KB, 441x377) Image search: [Google]
1437589506981.jpg
35 KB, 441x377
>the rips of the new episode arent up on kickass or tpb yet
What is this bullshit
>>
>>67047636
im starting to lose my sanity over this shit
>>
Just finished it. Good episode. Gadon is a vision of beauty, Franco's acting remains effectively understated, his direction was really impressive. Comfy 50s/early 60s vibe persists. Art from Justified remains best boss.
>>
>>67050302
Oh and it was really eerie when "the past" showed dude a vision of his sister so he couldnt watch Walker. I enjoyed that creepy angle from the first episode but they haven't used it much since
>>
>A Hulu exclusive TV show

Wat
Is there even hope for this getting more than 1 season?
Is Hulu really that popular?

How is it by the way? Looked interesting.
>>
>>67050371
It's based on a book, so I think they'll wrap it up in this one season. Hulu has more and more original content coming, and why not? It gets shit here for having commercials, which it doesnt at the $12 tier, but it's a great service, besides lacking Daredevil and Mad Men, better than Netflix. And yeah, it's really good so far. Not extraordinary but solid, well done.
>>
>>67050371
It's a miniseries, 10 episodes and done.
>>
>>67047636
where the hell are the rips
>>
>>67046702
Just started watching it with my friend, seems pretty good imo. How different is it from the book so far?

Also,
>not just resetting the timeline after you win that mad dosh
Franco a retard
>>
>>67050371
It's not supposed to get more than 1 season m8.
>>
>>67047636
That's what you get for being a cheap Jewish bastard.
>>
>>67051828
>not just resetting the timeline after you win that mad dosh
Yeah that bothered me a lot, but then again he was under tremendous emotional stress so maybe I can let that go.

>How different is it from the book so far?
Spoilers.
* Book portal is to 1958, so the stay is longer.
* Book Epping doesn't have a partner - he never tells the guy that he's a time traveler, and lets the guy take the credit for saving Harry's family.
* Book Epping kinda fucks up saving Harry's family the first time and retreats back to the present, sees that the change "stuck" and that Harry's family is alive, then goes back to the past again. The Yellow Card Man kills himself in front of him. He rescues Harry's family properly and goes on with his investigations.
* Book Epping's fake persona is called George Amberson
* Book wire technology is less advanced and more accurate. No wireless microphones.
* Book Sadie is tall, beautiful, with big boobs, and hella horny.
* lots of other little details

And the future episodes will very likely diverge from the book because it's much too gruesome to put on TV.

Oh, and TV Epping is a fuckton more likeable than Book Epping.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.