[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This series is honestly one of my favourites of all time, it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
This series is honestly one of my favourites of all time, it's just good fun and doesn't take itself seriously. Plus it has great moments like the 3 way swordfight on the wheel
>>
Black Pearl is one of the best adventure movies ever. Right up there with Indiana Jones and The Mummy, no question. The sequels? I can take 'em or leave 'em. I was never massively keen on either, but they're still pretty good.
>>
>>67044205

This seems pretty accurate.
>>
>>67044140
The CGI for Davey Jones is god-tier
>>
>>67044140
I will never not enjoy watching black pearl.
>>
>>67044254
He could've been a 10/10 villain too if the sequels didn't have such shit writing
>>
>>67044393
Were they written during the strike or were the writters just bad ?
>>
>>67044140
Has anyone here even seen the fourth movie? I didn't even know it existed until a few months ago.
>>
>>67044481
It's alright.

Jack and Barbossa have a lot of scenes together and completely sell the movie, they make it better than World's End in my opinion. It would be a fantastic movie if not for the love plot.
>>
>>67044481
Yeah it's alright. Nothing on the first three but it has a certain charm.
>>
2 & 3 are masterpieces. The island escape in Dead Man's Chest is Temple of Doom tier.

The insane CGI work in World's End still hasn't been surpassed and that was almost 10 years ago.

Rango and Lone Ranger are also phenomenal and vastly underrated.

>>67044254
also this.
>>
>>67044536

That arc seems completely pointless.
>>
>>67044481
it's unbelievably awful. It looks and feels like a tv movie compared to the first three. And the finale looks like it all takes place on one badly decorated sound stage.
>>
>>67044658
As opposed to the stage that the first movie ended in?
>>
I wish Geoffrey Rush was the star instead of Depp
>>
I've only watched the first two movies. They're fun, but don't make me want to watch the others.
>>
The first was honestly just amazing on all points. The sequels it suddenly became weirdly complicated, needlessly action oriented, and everyone became dick bags to each other.

Like the first is a straightforward pirate movie with some high seas adventure, a kidnapped love, and getting a together a makeshift crew of pirates to rescue her.

After that though it's like, there's English guys involved pulling the strings and making people work for them out of nowhere, everyone is betraying each other for leverage and trying to get pardons and favors, there's all kinds of weird deals and omens that are falsely made and change on a whim, most of the time everyone is in different and rapidly changing locations and their motivations and allegiances keep changing, and it all becomes just a big mess on screen rather than straightforward high seas adventure. I remember seeing the second movie in the theater and sort of kind of keeping up with it and going along with the ride, right up until the hard barrier of the cannibals sequence, and that point I was like "Man, what is going on with this movie, what is it trying to do anymore?"

Also a personal issue but I became increasingly annoyed with Sparrow as the movies went on, from initially very competent and tricky pirate with interesting advice and worldview and a little eccentric as a result of marooning, to "lel so wacky pirate man, hat and rum jokes for days!" and blundering through everything on sheer luck and deus ex machina alone.

Never saw the 4th, mean the first two sequels.
>>
>>67044205
first post true post
>>
>>67044481
It's eh. You could go without seeing it but I still think it's worth checking out at least once. It's the most expensive movie in history btw
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.