[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Amazing Spider-Man was better than Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
The Amazing Spider-Man was better than Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man, prove me wrong.

Protip: You can't.
>>
>Spider-Man is actually shit
>prove me wrong, you cunt
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 686x135) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 686x135
Also Garfield was a fat lasagna eating pussy
>>
>>67043998
>Poor casting for Spidey - way too cool
>Shit rewording of the responsibility line
>Forgettable supporting characters
>Villain was retarded - "lizards are the perfect creature, better than humans"
>"Those are the best kind"
>>
>>67044054
Spider-Man 2 was forgettable at best, that portrayal of Doctor Octopus was awful.
>>
>>67044125
He wasn't cool until he got his powers, because he wasn't confident til then. Similar to some of the comic versions of him.
>>
>>67044125
>Shit rewording of the responsibility line
Fucking hell. They really mangled it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxsZVZDF-vs
Woah. Martin Sheen was in this trash? Also love the bridges on the mantelpiece, kek, nice foreshadowing
>>
Dafoe Power Ranger Goblin >>> Bland Lizard Man

Not even disputable.

Amazing also mishandled Uncle Ben so badly that it's embarrassing, where as that was one aspect that Raimi's film absolutely nailed.

Amazing's script also has way too many loose ends and an incomplete arc for our hero since the film was designed to be franchise bait from day one, where as the original Spider-Man works much better on it's own because it was written as a standalone movie.
>>
>remember Peter, with white power
comes great responsibility
What did Uncle Ben meme by this?
>>
>>67043998
I wont argue with a moron
>>
>>67045058
Every villain, except for how they butchered Venom, is enjoyable in the Raimi films. In the Webb films every villain is bland and forgettable or just plain embarrassing (like their version of the Green Goblin).
>>
>>67045508
Sand-Man was really well done in the third, it's just a shame they butchered the entire film to try to add Venom
>>
>>67045508

That's because establishing the motives of their villains and developing their characters and their relationship to the protaginst's struggles took a back seat to the hamfisted Twilight romance scenes with Gwen Stacy.

They literally cut all of the scenes that set up both Electro and Harry as villains because they had literally no idea what to do with that mess of a movie.
>>
Wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1_pICB-q4U
>>
Although I wouldn't go as far to say better, the first Amazing Spiderman is closer in quality to Riami's Spiderman than most Riamifags would be willing to admit. That isn't to say that the Amazing Spiderman is good, but that Riami's Spiderman film are pretty mediocre.

All that aside, the Amazing Spiderman 2 is one of the worst major studio films ever made.
>>
>>67043998
>be me
>like tasm series better than toby series
>like tasm 2 better than tasm
>like jamie foxx's character
>den dey cancel it

I still don't understand ;-;
>>
>>67045808

You've either got an IQ in the double digits, or you're subconsciously trying to be as contrarian as humanly possible.
>>
>>67045508
>>67045613
Sandman and Venom should've been two separate films.
It would be awesome to have a proper (big) actor for Venom too. Like John Cena
>>
>>67045884
i was born in 1998 and the tasm series just felt more memorable to me, i honestly dont even remember any of the toby movies. and jamies character he was hilarious, i actually wish the human had more screentime than the villain
>>
>>67045794

The difference being that Raimi's Spider-Man film is retroactively mediocre, much like Donner Superman and Burton Batman before it.

It's dated now, but at the time it was a new and innovative way to make a superhero film adaptation that totally revolutionized the genre and paved the way for future comic book films.

Where as the Amazing Spider-Man was a mediocre, paint by numbers/by committee film that was boring right out of the gate.
>>
>>67046079
>I was born in 98
found your problem, also might be underageb&
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 626x624) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 626x624
>>67044169
>>
>>67043998
>Protip: You can't.
I hate this. I very likely could.

But I liked Garfield's portrayal more than I liked Tobey's, so I won't.
>>
>>67045808
>be me
my condoleances
>>
File: 1451715939837.jpg (36 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1451715939837.jpg
36 KB, 400x300
>>67044125
>"Those are the best kind"

Damn. I thought I forgot about that
>>
ASM was a shitty flick. The only good thing ASM2 had going for it was Electro and the soundtrack. That was pretty good.

Raimi-Man movies were the best comic movies ever.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.