[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your cinema pet peeves? >head to the concession
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: butter_dispenser.jpg (122 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
butter_dispenser.jpg
122 KB, 1000x1000
What are your cinema pet peeves?

>head to the concession stand at the local cinema
>butter dispensers are either empty, out of order or the butter is several months old

No surprise people don't wanna go the cinema anymore
>>
No place for my fucking anvil. They said i could "leave it in the storage room"
Yeah like i'm leaving 2k worth of steel to some fucking clerk
>>
>>67043970

*holds up spork o_0
>>
That's why you only go to foreign film festivals and arthouse screenings.
>choice of certified organic hemp, soya, and coconut butter at the dispenser
>popped kamut instead of disgusting GMO popcorn
>popped quinoa also, for its complete protein and gluten free alternative to kamut
>arthouse jazz playing in lobby and before screening
>comfortable atmosphere and people, with the natural soothing smell of beeswax beard mud permeating the air
>no obnoxious screaming kids and brain-dead capeshit kiddies unable to appreciate even basic cinema
>no fashionless streetware kiddies with their stupid cliques, rather only well-dress and appropriate streetware fashion and an assortment of high-end boots gently thudding their heels against the ground
>no plebs to be seen, with people discussing the films they saw that day in the lounge, many writing in notebooks their enlightening experiences and sharing with others
I could go on, but you get the picture.
>>
>butter

It's oil.
>>
>>67044354
How hard is it to get an arthouse license? I heard the entrance exams are really tough to pass.
>>
>>67043901
why do amerifats have piss dispensers?
>>
>>67044376
>oil

it's butter
>>
>>67044376
idiot
>>
File: 1450308111670.jpg (78 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1450308111670.jpg
78 KB, 900x900
>>67043901
>butter
>>
>>67043901

May I suggest that perhaps you try to go without food for two hours?

Or are you American?
>>
File: 50963_funny_murica.jpg (199 KB, 2024x1024) Image search: [Google]
50963_funny_murica.jpg
199 KB, 2024x1024
>>67043901
>butter dispensers
>>
>>67044852
>>67044865
Food obviously enhances the cinematic experience. Don't tell me you guys also don't bring your own rubik's cube for when the movie gets boring
>>
>>67044039
upvoted, friend!
>>
non american here

how the fuck do you even eat buttered popcorn? with a spoon?
>>
>>67044997
I personally bring my Alienware[tm] to ensure I am up to date with whatever fotm YouTube thinks of the flick I am watching.
>>
>>67045064
the industrial strength pop"corn" served in theaters acts like a sponge for the butter. you can eat it with your fingers and they dont get buttery
>>
thats what happens when local theater franchise owners pay their employees $7 an hour while driving their porsche carrera's around

if they paid them $15/hr they might have some pride and ticket sales would increase and daddy could still drive his porsche
>>
>>67045154
>[tm]

alt 0153 m8
>>
>spending ten dollars on a small popcorn
>>
>>67044525
around where i live there are a lot of unlicensed kinohouses.
>>
>>67045743
That sounds shady as fuck. How do they deal with unregistered shooters then? Assuming they have a designated shooter but then again which establishment doesn't have one nowadays?
>>
>>67044376
Movie theater butter is churned buttermilk oil melted down.
>>
the lathe machinist in the workshop can sometimes be a bit loud
>>
>>67046069
Ask the usher for earplugs, usually they will then translate the movie audio into handsigns.
>>
>>67045017
Old habits die hard?
>>
>>67046010
IDK exactly (not the place to ask a lot of questions about operations) but I think the projectionist handles it at most of them.
>>
>>67043901
>kinoplex runs out of Alaskan king
>bitch running the concession stand asks if dungeness will be okay
>>
>>67047835
did they at least give you a discount? i would complain to the kino committee about this, it's unacceptable
>>
>>67047986
No she charged me the same price per pound as I would have paid for king.

Next time i go in there ill make sure to ask for complementary falcon chow
>>
>>67047167
Newfags out themselves so easily
>>
I fucking despise it when people bring their fucking hawks to the movies, and they are always eating mother fucking king crab legs
>>
When people bring their literally retarded children to the theater and they sperg out.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.