[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people pretend to hate Prometheus? You know full well
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: prometheus.jpg (125 KB, 1452x954) Image search: [Google]
prometheus.jpg
125 KB, 1452x954
Why do people pretend to hate Prometheus? You know full well you fucking enjoyed it.
>>
>>67042915
Contrarianism, wanting to be spoonfed, and muh Alien nostalgia.
>>
I legitimately didn't enjoy it tho. I don't understand why people think its some sort of misunderstood masterpiece or something.
>>
>>67042915

snore fest tbqh fampai
>>
I felt like they should have made Prometheus a good guy instead of a TWISTED FUCKING PSYCHOPATH
>>
>>67042956
Because pretending bad things are good gets replies
>>
>>67042915
I can understand why people hated it: The crew of the Prometheus were probably the most retarded cockheads to ever get shot into space.
>Let's smoke pot in our suits while on a mission!
>Let's touch the terrifying vagina snake!
>Let's have a medbay that only works under certain conditions!
>Let's bring Weyland onto the Prometheus so he can communicate with the aliens!
>Let's slowly back away on our hands and knees while a massive alien ship falls right onto us, never once thinking that we should move to the side!

There's probably more, but I haven't seen it in a while. It was a gorgeous movie, but dumb as all hell.
>>
File: Prometheus-ending_612x380_0.jpg (34 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
Prometheus-ending_612x380_0.jpg
34 KB, 612x380
I was surprised to learn that people hated it so much. It's got some stupid shit in it, but overall it's a fine piece of Sci-Fi. This was not something that anybody should be looking at analytically. It was very much just a movie
>>
>advertised as a movie showing how the alien was born
>don't see alien till the very end of the movie.
>>
>>67043245

Do you know how boring movies would be, especially thrillers, if people made intelligent decisions all the time?
>>
File: 1339955876348.gif (710 KB, 400x349) Image search: [Google]
1339955876348.gif
710 KB, 400x349
>>
>>67043245
Bingo.

>>67043428
When the characters are THAT retarded, the movie falls apart. Aesthetically beautiful, though.
>>
>>67042915
It was full of huge plotholes but it looked fantastic and was near perferct for the half 7/10 tbhf
>>
>>67043486
There's making bad decisions, then there's making stupid suspension of disbelief ruining decisions. Prometheus was filled with the latter.
>>
the first half was really excellent. it fell down towards the second half but i really liked it overall
>>
>>67043486
I'm not saying that the stupid decisions themselves fucked the movie, I'm saying that they made absolutely no sense within context.

You're fucking scientists, guys. You should know better than to touch a creepy magic vagina snake.
>>
>>67043664
Well it did look like a penis-snake at first. Everyone wants to pet cute penises.
>>
>>67042915
Seriosuly is the same anon shitposting these Prometheus threads everytime one dies?
OP everyone hated Prometheus because it was shit.
The plot it made no sense.
The characters were borderline retarted in their decision making,
and OP you know this, we allll all know this, even the people who made the the film know this, and with the finished product, they did not even try and hide how the shit the film was.
Without the admittedly great CGI and designs, and if the film was mesaured only it's story and the telling of it, then Prometheus would be considered an actual joke, somthing of the ilk that a Wayans brother might fart out, with its pathetic slap-stick displays of commedy, for example the tatted up and mohawked geologist blazing weed through the water system in his suit somehow, or like the alien oil snake, wich the 'one minute ago was terrified' biologist tries to pat for some reason, and is then, obviously, brutally murdered by.
In all honesty they should have gone the hole hog with this script and brought Rob Schnieder in to take a leading role in this spectacualr shit heap of a space comedy.
>>
>>67042915
you're a retard
>>
>>67042915

I liked it and the potholes. Some of the moments are pretty silly (self cesarean then straight back in the action).

But it gives you something to talk about rather than the by the numbers action flicks which ties everything up but is completely unoriginal.
>>
File: Axe1.jpg (49 KB, 650x406) Image search: [Google]
Axe1.jpg
49 KB, 650x406
>
>>
>>67042915

It was an okay movie. The trailers made it look like it was going to be a great movie, though. I think it was that disconnect that ruined it.

Seeing all those great quotes and scenes from the trailer play out in a slow march of mediocrity was just too painful for me.
>>
start was comfy

>that soundtrack
>those locations
>that mystery

then the cast became 40 idiots and turned into le spoopy sci fi for normies

Ridley Scott is shit. Fassbender is literally the only reason to watch it all the way through.
>>
Also who could forget such memorable characters, such as this guy?
>>
>>67043428
>Giger dies
>Aliens look like shit
what a surprise
>>
every other line out of the characters mouths was just retarded as fuck. its actually a better film if you turn the sound off completely and add your own soundtrack.
>>
>>67042915

It had the potential, that's true. But the screenplay was just too confusing. To this day I keep forgetting what the hell actually happened in the movie (and usually have to google the plot to find out).
>>
>>67047088
>The space nerds are going into the cave, dear readers, and it doesn't look like it's gonna be pretty.
>>
>>67042956
I second this, It was a clusterfuck from beginning to end with characters just basically doing whatever nonsensical things it took to advance the plot.
>>
>>67043245
>Let's take off our helmets in this alien environment and contaminate beyond all hope of recovery!
>Let's configure the auto-doc specifically for males for absolutely no reason at all!
>Let's pretend a woman who just had a C-section stapled back shut can leap like an Olympian!
>>
>>67047400
Almost forgot.

>Let's let people we KNOW voluntarily violated biohazard procedures back on-board with no quarantine and decontamination.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.