[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
George Walton Lucas Jr. was a genius
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 11-george-lucas-michael-elins.jpg (57 KB, 479x580) Image search: [Google]
11-george-lucas-michael-elins.jpg
57 KB, 479x580
https://www.youtube.com/watch?=121&v=k7ZW1gtCljs

Without him, the ''''''''Star Wars'''''''' motion pictures will now become like The Avengers, i.e. artistically bankrupt flicks. We can already see it with the ''The Force Awakens''.

The magic of Star Wars is dead. Weep.
>>
>>67042597
SLAVERS
>>
File: ff_ilm_lucas.jpg (228 KB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
ff_ilm_lucas.jpg
228 KB, 1200x1500
>>67042597
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?=121&v=k7ZW1gtCljs

They don't just rhyme, but they also mirror. You notice that in a lot of these parallels characters are moving in, facing, or positioned opposite from each other. In most of the R2-D2 scenes he's facing one direction in the prequel version and facing the opposite in the other. Luke's speeder is moving towards the left while Anakin's is moving towards the right. The Chancellor Swings his chair to the left while the Emperor Swings his chair to the right. Anakin is always on the right when kissing Padme and Han is always on the left when kissing Leia.

As described in Mike Kilmo's Star Wars Ring Theory Article the prequels don't just parallel the Originals, but mirror them to create a circle.
>>
>>67042634
>these new disney suits would NEVER even consider/think about doing neat stuff like this

just muh quippers
>>
>>67042634
Red***LetterMedia on suicide watch
>>
>>67042634
>implying TFA doesn't mirror ANH
That's daft even by /tv/ standards
>>
>>67042597
>Same schizo using multiple quotes is the one defending the prequels 24/7
Why is this not surprising? You would need to be mentally handicapped to watch those movies and feel there's a genius behind them.
>>
>>67042806
The difference is that TFA is poor imitation.
>>
>>67042850
>Same schizo using multiple quotes is the one defending the prequels 24/7
?
>You would need to be mentally handicapped to watch those movies and feel there's a genius behind them
Spoken like a true pleb.
>>
>>67042882
That's a nice opinion you have there... Odd though that Lucas mirrors and JJ imitates. Seems wrong to me, but, whatever.
>>
>>67042634
Based Lucas
>>
At least Lucas took chances with his movies. It's pathetic how JJ can just rehash A New Hope, add in some SJW conditioning and retarded plebs eat it up.
>>
>>67042882
GLIB FACSIMILE
>>
>>67044418
this desu, a fucking glib facsimile.
>>
PLEASE COME BACK LUCAS
>>
>>67042597
>The magic of Star Wars is dead.

The prequels killed them.
>>
>>67042597
If he is a genius why did Red Tails bomb?
>>
>>67042597
star wars has been dead, the fans killed it and only real movie fans can appreciate the saga for its flaws both trilogies having their ups and downs, whats really dead is the respect for lucas' influence on film in general, he used to be considered one of the greats but not because what is flawed prequel trilogy that got a lot wrong but yet is more well made than any shit franchise now he is being continually discredited for even his truest masterpieces, its quite sad what happens when you shine that brightly that quick
>>
File: punished lucas.jpg (458 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
punished lucas.jpg
458 KB, 1280x720
He sold his child to the white slaver
>>
>THX1138
>American Graffiti
>Fucking Star Wars

Plus George is the father of the Indiana Jones series and was one of the first to push for digital filmmaking, he was always looking to innovate and do something different even with the prequel trilogy, Episode 2 was the first big budget feature film to be shot entirely with digital cameras. Thank you based Lucas
>>
>>67042597
Im sorry for ever doubting you George
>>
imagine if Lucas directed Episode IX...
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 240x282) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 240x282
>>67047172
>digital
>good
Come on
>>
File: George Lucas.jpg (97 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
George Lucas.jpg
97 KB, 900x1200
I blame all of you RLM-worshipping Millennials, all of you chased Lucas away forever.
>>
>>67047981
yeah that is a great thing actually, if it wasnt for lucas pushing digital cameras we might still be in an era when only filmaking is possible by rich jews who have higher business ties to afford film cameras as opposed to cameras which outperform film at an extremly affordable being readily available to anyone, which means that a lot more shit gets put out but at the same time people with actual ideas can get their shit made quicker and easier than they wouldve ever been able to if film was the sole medium still
>>
>>67048129
So that's the reason for all the trash coming out lately
>>
>>67042634
you can read youtube comments too? its not just me? wow
>>
>>67048295
define "trash" what i think is trash is the idea that without lucas people like us would never actually a shot at being directors too because were jews with rich ties to buy the equipment meaning hollywood would be the shit it was in its golden era when literally film was strictly business because it cost soo much to make anything but hey i have an optimistic opinion in 2016 so fuck me right?
>>
>>67048129
>if it wasnt for lucas pushing digital cameras we might still be in an era when only filmaking is possible by rich jews who have higher business ties to afford film cameras

No we wouldn`t.

inovation does not come from a person they just get the fame.
inovation come from it`s era.
look for the calculus history as an example.Both newton and leibniz came up with the derivate at almost the same time not even knowing each other.
that example proves that if lucas wasn`t there other one would be.

btw preequels sucks.
>>
>>67048933

This, desu
>>
>>67048933
yeah no, lucas is the primary studio head who pushed the digital fore front, before the prequels no one gave a shit about digital filmaking, maybe that innovation coudlve came without him but you cant deny that his influence on pushing film tech to its boundary to the point that new hope was the first studio multimillion dollar to feature computer graphics in 1977 of all years cinema as a whole right now would be clueless
>>
>>67048104
>any hate on the prequels is due to some youtube reviewer
Fuck off.

>>67042850
>schizo using multiple quotes
Yeah, that recent meme is top annoying. I think it's also because it's so heavily used with the most elementary /int/ shitposts, extremely oversaturated with it.

>>67046710
This is true, and very sad. Not only his influence on the film industry being disregarded, but his influence on business and media in general. I don't see how he isn't considered a top 5 figure in business of the 20th century, while some parasite salesman gets millions of people lining up to posthumously suck his cock.
>>
>Make the same movies twice
>WOW, SUCH AN EMOTIONAL ARTISTIC GENIUS
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.