[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on this film /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
File: 4lion.jpg (205 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
4lion.jpg
205 KB, 424x600
What are your thoughts on this film /tv/?
>>
>>67032942
>"Funny"

Yeah, right up until the last 15 minutes when it it takes a serious shift in tone.
>>
>>67032942
mediocre

the praise of this film shows how pathetic the people is
>>
>>67032975
That was some unexpected feels at the end.
>>
>>67032942
GOAT
>>
One of my favorite movies of all time, I grew up in an Arab house and all the Arab jokes were hilarious.
>>
I little cleverer than it presents itself, which makes it hard to follow
the unintegrated hyperconservative has all the scholarly koran knowledge and just wants to sit at home with all the household women in their special closet
the well-adjusted moderates with the healthy home life are looking to become muhajadine martyrs, though they are all imbeciles

Also, I swear Barry must have been based on the guy from this show.
"Didn't you say men without beards look like gay faggots?"
"uh..no I said Muslim men without beards look like gay faggots"
>>
>>67034642
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaV6uIC6t1A
this guy around 8-9:00
>>
Trivializing the problem of Islam as a political ideology and Muslims refusing to integrate in host communities and perpetuating the problems that made them leave their home countries.

tl;dr feelgood. emotionally manipulative AWW DEY JUST LIKE US bluepilled twaddle
>>
great comfy movie
>>
FUCK MINI BABYBEL
>>
>>67032942
Best comedy film ever made
>>
>>67032942
Chris Morris is incredibly talented

Check out 'the day today' on Youtube.
>>
>>67035339
You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
Hardest I've ever laughed in the cinema tbqh
>>
Has some good points about the process of Islamic radicalisation. It is over-sympathetic with its protagonists, but it probably wouldn't have hit as big if it was more realistic and essentially it is a comedy
>>
>>67032975
>movie about four wannabe terrorists takes a serious tone in the end when the wannabe terrorists go through with their plans
There was no other way for this film to end.
>>
>>67032942

fun enough
>>
>>67032942
I thought it was fucking funny.

I'm also surprised I'm not the only one who watched it.
>>
chris morris needs to do more stuff
>>
This movie aired in Australia like 2 days after the Boston marathon bombing
>>
>>67037358
He's acting in Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle at the moment
>>
>>67032942
That shits great. Anyone who says differently is a secret muslim.
>>
>>67032942
Liberal white guilt movie that white libcucks watch to fool themselves into empathy for the brown people that they are killing.
>>
>>67037669
stewart lee pisses me off, has the potential to be funny though.
>>
>>67039607
He's got some funny material, but especially recently has been getting too detached about his stand up being a character. I can see why with his recent material though
>>
>>67038408

All the muslims I know loved it. Thought it was funny as fuck and very true to life.
>>
BOMB THE MOSQUE
RADICALIZE THE MODERATES
BRING IT ALL ON
>>
>>67034642
He was based on a BNP leader who accidentally converted himself to Islam while researching it for his speeches.

One of my favourite comedies. The tonal shift was perfectly done. Omar's wife was cute.
>>
It deliberately avoids the characters' reasons for radicalisation and as a result leaves a void in the story that renders the entire film without any satisfaction and it does it for no purpose than to avoid the subject it's tackling.
>>
Tonally it's all over the place. The motivation of the main guy and his wife makes absolutely no sense at all. But it's also pretty funny at points and worth watching.
>>
>>67032942
I laughed out loud several times, I like it
>>
>>67042109
>radicalisation
>s

Opinion disregarded
>>
RUBBER DINGHY RAPIDS
>>
barry reminds me of 4chan
spark plugs being a jewish conspiracy
>>
>>67043801
FAST TRACK
>>
File: 1449822128954.jpg (36 KB, 467x528) Image search: [Google]
1449822128954.jpg
36 KB, 467x528
>now you stay here
>and you tell them i was smiling
that came outta nowhere
>>
>>67035034
How wrong can you be?

It is "dey just like us" because they are just like us. Western values have a large place in their lives, for example the most rational of the group explaining the training camp to his son in terms of the lion king. It is about the irony of that. They are unwittingly living the lives they long to destroy. Again, when they are recording a tape, the rational one talks about hating MacDonalds, and his friend joins in to recommend a cheaper chicken place.
>>
File: BOMB.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
BOMB.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
BOMB DA MOSHK
>>
The training camp and the missile backfire joke was a bit meh and I wish it didn't end with the interrogation scene.
Liked it a lot though
>>
>>67042109
>avoids the characters' reasons for radicalisation

They have the same reason as every western living/born Muslim who goes radical. They're impressionable fuckwits.
>>
>babbys first British comedy
Reddit's truly taken over
>>
>>67047386
>Not liking Four Lions
Reddit's truly taken over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yBnIUX0QAE
>>
>>67047386
Explain. Right fucking now you underage memelord. What is reddit about four lions? You fucking faggot.
>>
>>67042109
Omar is trying to find a way to evade the normality of his life.
Waj is an easily convinced moron.
Barry is simply looking for a way to express violence and hatred.
Hassan feels marginalized and seeks to rebel against "the establishment".
Faisal is genuinely pious, and gullible as fuck.

Now it wasn't that hard, wasn't it?
>>
>>67047998
Don't you know?

It is Reddit because he doesn't like it.
>>
One of the best films of the 2000's
>>
>>67041991
>He was based on a BNP leader who accidentally converted himself to Islam while researching it for his speeches.

I assume they didn't attempt to put that into the film as Barry's backstory because it would have been too absurd for anyone to believe even in a comedy. In real life, of course...
>>
>>67037408
Funny, it got pulled from Netflix after the Boston Bombing as well
>>
File: 1456869133097.jpg (23 KB, 424x511) Image search: [Google]
1456869133097.jpg
23 KB, 424x511
>>67050000
>>
Muslims are scum.
>>
>>67032975
But Omar goes out killing some slags in Boots just like Waj dreamed.

It was comedy gold.
>>
File: 1387145367929.jpg (253 KB, 1102x967) Image search: [Google]
1387145367929.jpg
253 KB, 1102x967
>that ending
>Avril 14th plays
I wasn't ready for that
>>
>>67032992
FOR UUUUUUU
THE PEEEEEEEEEEEEEPLE
>>
I would kill ya bro.
I'd fuckin, fuckin stab ya with these ere blade m8, and then I'd, I'd fuckin run ya over wit tractor blud.
>>
>tfw no brother crow
>>
>We got people playing stringed instruments!

What did he mean by that?
>>
>"Fuck mini Babybels"

What did he mean by this?

is it because they aren't halal certified?
>>
>>67042149
>The motivation of the main guy and his wife makes absolutely no sense at all.

That was the point, none of their motivations made sense and it applies to real life terrorists as well.
>>
Glad to see it appreciated on here, it's one of my favorite movies. I've never been to the UK so I liked the details of Muslim immigrants living in England, like how their accents would mix in with all the urdu/other languages they were speaking.

>bro if they're rabbits then where are their ears
>that's what I'm saying!
>>
>>67037358
Where is there left for him to go?

I doubt anyone would let him make a TV show these days.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.