[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait, there are people who DIDN'T like this this ending?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: NEBMvhJjKt5IFC_1_b.jpg (48 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
NEBMvhJjKt5IFC_1_b.jpg
48 KB, 600x316
Wait, there are people who DIDN'T like this this ending? I thought it was great. It shows him as an utterly broken man, both devoid of and completely beyond all redemption.
>>
in a vaccum, it's a good ending for the reason you listed. but with everything else in the show, it was shit.
>>
>Dexter revealed to be the science project of a high-level government psychiatrist
>Harry revealed to be a dup
>Everyone close to Dexter either silently accepts his nature as a killer or is neutralized
>Dexter sheds all his mortal burdens after being presumed dead during a boating outing during a hurricane
>He dismisses all external concerns like his kid and other lingering family, for their own good, as he became a lumberjack
>Currently, he sleeps all night and he works all day
Listen, I tolerated Dexter too but this was a bridge too far
>>
I stopped watching during that Season with Tom Hank's kid channeling the commander from Battlestar.
Holy fuck that show went to shit quick after Dexter's wife dies.
>>
>>67031554
in a vacuum it still doesn't make any sense why he thinks leaving his son with another serial killer is better.

also I don't really see lumberjacking as some kind of horrible penance. he never has to face justice or any real consequences. he's just starting over.
>>
File: logical_ending.jpg (53 KB, 400x515) Image search: [Google]
logical_ending.jpg
53 KB, 400x515
>>67031712
yup season 4 was the logical ending but showtime doesn't know when to quit just like with pic related (and they're STILL talking about a revival or spin off)
>>
I thought it showed his dark passenger was back. desu
>>
>>67031534
Fuck you. The whole last season was a rushed cop out. fuck this show
>>
It would have been good if it was done right. That season was just ruahed, and sloppy that it made everything he did previously all for nothing.
>>
>>67032059

no more inner monologue, more like it was gone
>>
>>67031934
Is season 4 when they burn the town down?
>>
>>67031534
>Wait, there are people who DIDN'T like this this ending?
Yep. They're called idiots.
>>
>>67031534
Dumbasses thought it should get a happy end.
>>
>>67033863
he should have been killed in a manhunt like the writers were foreshadowing since season one.
cunts like yourself can't handle a real dramatic ending so you are happy with this bullshit.
>>
File: lumberjack.jpg (28 KB, 462x378) Image search: [Google]
lumberjack.jpg
28 KB, 462x378
don't you get it guys?
HEEEE'S A LUMBERJACK AND HE'S OKAY HE SLEEPS ALL NIGHT AND HE WORKS ALL DAY
>>
>>67034012
HE USED TO CHOP PEOPLE NOW HE CHOPS TREES
POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>67033941
Killing him in a manhunt would be anticlimatic. A swift death for Dexter would have been a happy ending. Having him cursed to live out a life away from everyone was way better.
>>
Reminder that Showtime executives intervened and didn't allow them to let Dexter get caught or killed.
>>
>>67034012
I PUT ON WOMEN'S CLOTHING
AND HANG AROUND IN BARS
>>
>>67034061
>Having him cursed to live out a life away from everyone was way better.
>antisocial guy that can't relate with anyone in an emotinal level somehow is cursed by being out of society
no.
>>
>>67034156
What i've learned from Dexter.
>you can be a serial killer and the worst thing that could happen to you is to become a lumberjack
POTTERYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>67034156
So have him living with Hannah in Argentina. He promises to move on with his life and never kill again.
Cut to him stalking his latest kill.
>>
>>67034156
Wasn't the original ending supposed to be Dexter on the execution table about to get lethal injection and looking through the glass at the audience he sees everyone he's ever killed? That would have been great
>>
I don't know OP, I also found it OK. People are autists. I guess they didn't want it to end anyway, so they found an autistic excuse to hate the last episode.

It was OK. It was never going to be perfect. It ends the show.

What did you expect, roses?
>>
>>67034930
I thought everyone wanted it to end four seasons before it did but just hanged on out of false hope of it getting better or wanting to see how it ends anyway
>>
>>67034811
He clearly loved his sister, his kid, his father, and the women in his life. He even very clearly liked the friends he had. And he's clearly destroyed at the end by not being able to be near them and have them in his life.

All his life, he was told a lie: that he couldn't feel anything and was just a monster. The series, time and time again, shows that this was always a lie. You have a very shallow interpretation of the series if you think Dexter would be happy or content alone.
>>
>>67034978
I hated how Dexter turned from autistic weirdo without feelings to some bimbo magnet who cared about everyone
>>
>>67035044
Dexter was like that from day one, though.

They kept telling you "he doesn't care for others" yet kept showing you he very much cared for other people.
>>
>>67034978
The ending is ultimately him getting what he thought he always wanted and hating it.

It's perfect.
>>
>>67035090
Not really, he only liked Deb and just dated Rita to look normal
>>
>>67035144
Except he falls for Rita and starts caring about her and her kids within the first season.
>>
>>67035201
It still wasn't real love, he couldn't feel that. In later seasons he's just magically healed his sociopathy through the power of love
>>
>>67035256
I didn't say it was "real love." I said he cared about her and her kids, which is true.
>>
>>67035310
Not really, he liked them like a man likes his goldfish
>>
>>67035334
Hardly. He went out of his way for them countless times. And then when Rita is killed, he's absolutely distraught and devastated.
>>
>>67035381
Yeah well that's when the show really started to suck
>>
I thought we all just wanted to see him fuck his sister?
>>
File: u7LDX.jpg (49 KB, 336x550) Image search: [Google]
u7LDX.jpg
49 KB, 336x550
>>67035201

Yea I Wonder why
>>
>>67035513
hnnngg
astor made me a pedo
>>
>>67034903
That was fanfic written by the original showrunner that left many seasons ago I believe but may be mistaken.
>>
>>67035438
>character development means the show sucks
Absolutely not. It was an obvious evolution of the character. Again, from day one, they were obviously working on him caring about the people around him.
>>
>>67035535
>it's the episode where the people stalks Astor
>>
>>67031534
>t. Season 8 writer
>>
>>67035104
This.
>>
>>67035653
>It's a Dexter kills an innocent man because he accidentally took pictures of a little girl episode
>>
>>67035687
>accidentally
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk3p3QGVWh4
>>
Trinity was the turning point and showed Dexter what a true monster was. Trinities final dialogue pretty much foreshadows Dexters fate.
>>
>>67035535
me too
>>
>>67034844
his sister died, he's separated from the woman he loves and his son, and he's on the lam for the rest of his life
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.