[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: fantastic_mr_fox1[1].jpg (58 KB, 502x462) Image search: [Google]
fantastic_mr_fox1[1].jpg
58 KB, 502x462
Is this any good?
>>
It's a Wes Anderson film.
>>
>>67024648
it might be his best movie-- would be better if they got the sexual shit out of a kids movie.
>>
Better than Grand Budapest Hotel by a longshot but people didn't like it because it wasn't edgy.
>>
>>67024801
This.

Which, to me, is a good thing.
>>
>>67024648
Very good movie.
>>
>>67024648
just watched it about a week ago

loved the animation style

the main mr fox guy though was kind of an asshole to his wife and son
>>
>>67024922
What.

Fantastic Mr. Fox is universally loved on /co/ and it's just as much of a Wes film as his others.

Nobody can honestly watch Darjeeling Limited and Grand Budapest and say they're better than Fox.
>>
>>67025040
People have and will. This is considered by the mainstream world as the second worst Wes Anderson film, second to Steve Ziszou
>>
>>67025031
the main guy in every wes film is going to be an asshole who eventually learns something in the end.

>>67025135
i don't understand how either. it's a joy to watch and has a wonderful soundtrack.
>>
>>67025040
It didn't do much for me. I liked both those films better, I think Mr. Fox is his worst film. It's not that it's bad, it's just kinda a mess
>>
File: latest[1].gif (459 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].gif
459 KB, 500x270
What was his problem
>>
>>67024648
One of Wes Anderson's better film's for sure.
>>
>>67024648

Love this movie. One of the comfiest movies of all time plus it takes me back to high school and watching it with my best friends and my crush who liked me too.
>>
>>67025272
his dad didnt even try to hid how he liked his cousin more than him
>>
*raises paw*
I L.O.V.E THIS MOVIE :3c
>>
like melted gold
>>
>>67025272
It bothered me how accurately they portrayed the cringy weird kid in Ash. It reminded me of myself...
>>
File: 1457752872696.gif (1 MB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
1457752872696.gif
1 MB, 300x188
>>67025405
>>
>>67025410
Pretty sure he's meant to remind everyone a little of themself
>>
that's just poor songwriting

YOU WROTE A BAD SONG

(flicks cigarette at him)
>>
>>67025272
General anger.
>>
>>67025407
was it supposed to be a comedic moment when he fed the rat some shit off the sewer ground or did some kind of analogy go over my head
>>
Noah Baumbach cowrote this and Life Aquatic

FMF and Life Aquatic are Wes' best movies.

But Noah's movies are shitty as fuck, and are anti-comfy.
>>
>>67025040
>Fantastic Mr. Fox is universally loved on /co/
/co/ is retarded, so that means literally nothing.

Most people don't consider it because it's a cartoon, despite his other films being just as Cartoonish.
>>
The thing is, I love this movie, but I can't get anybody who isn't already a Wes Anderson fan or a furfag to watch it. I think a lot of people confuse it for a Tim Burton film.
>>
>>67025407
My mind was blown when I learned Willem Dafoe voiced the rat.
>>
>>67025518
i kind of take the rat as a character whos always lived a shit life and was never allowed to rise above his nature
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (140 KB, 500x262) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
140 KB, 500x262
creepy film
>>
>>67026137
why does this give me a boner
>>
>>67026389
It's essentially POV

But he's a minor, so I've got news for you, furfag
>>
>>67024648
Third best after Life Aquatic and Moonlight
>>
File: i bet you enjoy.png (12 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
i bet you enjoy.png
12 KB, 600x300
Nice
>>
>>67024648
Comfies movie I've watched in a while. It has all the great style from Anderson and the characters are realistic on a human point of view.

You could say it's fantastic.
>>
>>67026656
I can't fucking wait. Has there been any juicy deets about this bad boy yet?
>>
>>67024648
It was my first Wes Anderson movie and I love it

Do with that what you will
>>
>>67024648
Very very good
>>
>>67025272
Autism
>>
>>67024648

It's actually my favorite Wes Anderson film.
>>
>>67024801
Barely. He directed it yeah, but it feels nothing like a Wes Anderson Film. It's not even that great of a movie, definitely would say it is his worst. I've also noticed that the majority of people who LOVE Mr.Fox absolutely hate his other (better) movies, like Life Aquatic, Rushmore, etc. which is both interesting to note and quite revealing.
>>
Are you guys being so contrarian that you're gonna put Life Aquatic above Mr. Fox?
Life Aquatic is such an amateur effort; poorly paced, aimless plot and flimsy direction.
>>
>>67027537
I don't know. I mean, I've only seen Fantastic Mr. Fox and The Grand Budapest Hotel, but they seemed pretty similar in style to me. Especially the way things were shot.
>>
>>67027608
I thought it seemed listless and dreary on purpose, makes the poignant scenes really pop
>>
>>67027707
All of Anderson's films are pretty homogeneous in terms of their style and shot framing. Actually, I think stop-motion animation suits his style a lot better than his live action movies do.
>>
>>67024648
No, it's by far his worst.

Jam-packed full of so many generic quirky Wes Anderson-isms that it's genuinely indistinguishable from parody.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.