[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was awful. If someone has a differing opinion, like that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
This was awful.

If someone has a differing opinion, like that it was good, or something like that, I invite you to argue that point
>>
You'll never see a movie so simultaneously aesthetic and vapid. I liked it.
>>
See now this is what I'd call pretentious, not something like Birdman.
But people still liked it cuz 'muh hot females'
>>
>>67023485
It was absolutely gorgeous, with some excellently done sequences from beginning to end. Unless you weren't watching or are colorblind or something, you cannot argue this.
>>
>rated R
>Selena Gomez's tits aren't shown

Hypocrisy, hypocrisy, everywhere
>>
>>67023785
>with some excellently done sequences from beginning to end.

Which sequences?

Also just because it looks nice doesn't mean it's good. There are plenty of 'gorgeous looking turd' movies
>>
I would have preferred if the girls got whacked at the end but otherwise it wasn't all that bad.

It feels like a really long music video
>>
They sing a song right before battle like you'd see in some kind of war/epic movie, but the only song they all know is Brittany Spears so that's what we get.

It's actually amazing.
>>
>>67023695
>Birdman
>not pretentious
Go to bed Inarritu
>>
>>67024057
What's pretentious about it m8
>>
>all that belly fat

Ew
>>
>>67024087
>huuuuurrr I'm not capeshit so I should be considered better
>durrr all people wanna see is explosions and action

The whole movies obsessed with proving it's a better movie than other movies. How do you get more pretentious?
>>
>>67024087
Babel era Inarritu is obsessed with making a point that his movies are "art". His comments on how capeshit is cultural genocide is the driving point behind Birdman, and how better to illustrate it than by putting Michael Keaton (the originator of capeshit second to Christopher Reeves). I enjoyed Birdman as a dark comedy, but watching it again, it's dated already by Inarritu's remarks.
>inb4 "but other directors have talked smack about capeshit too!!!"
Yeah, but they actually have some artistic integrity and vision, and don't focus their efforts in proving a petty point.
>>
>>67023908
Not him, but the robbery sequence towards the beginning. We see it from the angle of the car circling outside, so we have moments of suspense where we can't see what's happening.

Also, on top of it looking nice, there was some great symbolism, albeit extremely heavy handed, my biggest and almost only gripe with the movie

I'll also add it's satirical. It's an extremely funny movie
>>
What's not to like? Gorgeous colors, gorgeous girls, very funny, some great moments as mentioned here already. The biggest flaws are its heavyhandedness and repetitiveness, but the latter is clearly done on purpose. Other than that, it's quite brilliant
>>
I have only seen it once. Maybe I need to rewatch it because while I didn't think it was awful once it had ended I wasn't like "that was amazing! " or anything
>>
>>67025495
It was the opposite for me. My jaw was open the entire time; everytime I thought it couldn't get sexier and more exciting, it raised the bar. By the time it was over and the credits started, I had that "that was awesome" moment
>>
>>67023485

It had some nice tits, though.
>>
>>67023485
average skinnyfat women - the film
>>
>>67025609
Literally the point. Korine had them gain weight for it
>>
>>67023485
>the names line up with the actors on the poster
Why is this film so aesthetically perfect?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQHQL--_oCE

Look at this shit.
>>
>>67023485

Go to bed Riff Raff, you haven't made anything relevant since Dolce & Gabbana
>>
What was the message/point of this film
>>
>>67023485
>This was awful.
Spoken like a true neckbeard virgin.
>>
>>67023485
Did you notice how they kept repeating the same paragraph of lines right after they just said them?

It's like they didn't have enough of a script and were like "Lets just say everything twice!"

Like, I'm all for refrains, but it kinda sucks when I have to hear THE SAME SHIT I HEARD 30 SECONDS AGO all over again.
>>
File: selena-gomez-130-uhd-wallpapers.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
selena-gomez-130-uhd-wallpapers.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1800
>>67023485
I liked it but I'm not going to argue with you about it
>>
>>67024014
This is a good point and I'll be stealing it for an essay
>>
>>67026253
The movie's point, as I see it, is a critique of American values in the year 201X. As one anon posted a video of James Franco's "Look at my shit" scene, trying to impress the girls with his money, weapons, and lifestyle. Then they stick a gun in his mouth and he fellates it. This entire scene is done with creepy music in the background, as if to say "this person is insane!" but save for sucking the gun like a cock it's just like another episode of MTV Cribs.

The girls are obsessed with the "live fast, die young" lifestyle, at least until they get a real taste of it.

Each "villain" character brings up the American Dream. James Franco monologues about his version of the dream, and the black guy Franco's at odds with talks about his own version just before he dies. The movies argue that the American Dream nowadays has warped into a narcissistic, materialistic nightmare - whether you want to agree with that is entirely up to you, that's just what I took from it.

The opening scene is like 5 minutes of tits and dubstep. It's almost like it's making fun of the demographic it was selling the movie to.

tl:dr - you know when someone condescends to you, and speaks slowly "in words that only you understand" in a mocking tone? That's what this movie is doing to millenials.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.