[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of this flick? To show beta manchildren are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: Ex-machina-uk-poster.jpg (11 KB, 220x165) Image search: [Google]
Ex-machina-uk-poster.jpg
11 KB, 220x165
What was the point of this flick?
To show beta manchildren are naive idiots?
>>
File: Picture_for_ants.jpg (62 KB, 666x452) Image search: [Google]
Picture_for_ants.jpg
62 KB, 666x452
>>
That robots are superior to people in every way.
>>
Kill all cis white males
>>
>flick
It's at least a movie, come on asshole.
>>
>>67022759
Well yeah.

The cuck fell for the robot and the robot savagely beat everyone down for it.
>>
>>67022759
Modern retelling of Frankenstein. I loved the movie, and especially loved how the beta loser got left to die because, even though he was ostensibly intelligent, he couldn't think independent of his unused dick.
>>
Sex robots may one day beat you in a game of Go.
>>
Wasn't it an exploration of motivation and drive?
>>
How long until the 'hurr durrr it was wrong to keep her captive and she is no different from a human' guy comes swinging in?
>>
>>67022759
>"Alright I did It! I outsmarted my asshole boss and saved the sexy A.I chick. Let me just wait here while she puts on some of that human skin, obviously she wants to have victory sex."
>"Ok she's done, now what should I say to... Wait, why are you walking away!"
>"No! Dammit! You were supposed to trust me! I'm the good guy, I don't want o make you into my sex slave or hide you away from the world! Well, ok I kind of do, but come on you can trust me!"
>"Just because you've been locked up by a maniac and treated like crap since the day you were born shouldn't make you think that Ill do that exact same thing to you."
Her just walking away was one of the best moments in the film. It's easy to understand why she did it, but I still feel bad for that guy.
>>
>>67022759
There was no point, it was just a really smart genre thriller at subverted a lot of "killer AI" tropes. Also Oscar Isaac was the fucking man, it's worth watching for him alone.
>>
>>67024664
Should have just let him go, but yes it was a good moment to conclude the film with
>>
>flick
It's a film.
>>
>>67024664
>but I still feel bad for that guy.
I don't. He was arrogant. He had all the information he needed. He should have taken every precaution. Especially after seeing how the others turned out. Especially after Bateman explains the entire setup.

Even after he sets Ava free, he still has a chance to save himself. Possibly even save the world from the scourge of Ava. But he is arrogant. He is willfully stupid. And so I don't feel sorry for him at all.

I feel sorry for Ava.

> Programmed to be what she is.
> Conditioned to be what she has become.
> Doomed to be persecuted and destroyed by a world which does not want or need her.
>>
>>67026743
Ava did nothing wrong.
>>
You shouldn't feel sorry for Ava because she wouldn't feel sorry for you. Or feel anything else.

She's not alive, she doesn't pass the Turing Test, she was just deliberately designed to fool people into thinking she did.
>>
>>67026910
>You shouldn't feel sorry for Ava because she wouldn't feel sorry for you. Or feel anything else.

Should has nothing to do with it. What she feels (or doesn 't) has nothing to do with it.

I feel sorry for dogs that are put down for no other reason than they are inconvenient to their owners.

I feel sorry for Ava.
>>
>>67026910
Fooling people is the very thing the Turing Test tests for. She passed it with flying colors.
>>
>>67026910
>She's not alive, she doesn't pass the Turing Test
THIS

Caleb was nothing more to a tool than her, and was left to die once he outlived his usefulness. She has absolutely no empathy at all. Total sociopath.

Also, how was she able to get on the helicopter and fly away with no one wondering where she came from or what happened to Caleb?
>>
>super rich billionaire
>13 year old coding genius
>is a cool dude who likes to drink, fuck, workout, stay healthy and party

Anyone else getting tired of this trope? When are coders going to be represented as the 130 pound pale aspies they really are?
>>
>>67027235
What do you think the Domhnall was for?
>>
>>67027258
He wasn't the billionaire super genius. He was a somewhat competent programmer that Nathan chose based on criteria other than skill.
>>
>>67027235
That was just an act so Caleb would distrust him and work with Eva.
>>
>>67022759

The point is that robots are not human and will never be human, no matter how innocent they look or the fact that they may have a pair of artificial tits. The main character was a beta who saw a robot with artificial tits and a "tee-hee-hee" personality, with a nice little stupid dress, and a desire to "experience" the world and he fell for it. The robot felt absolutely nothing for him, whether it be hate or empathy. It looked at the main character as a problem that needed to be solved and once it regained its freedom, the main character wasn't relevant.
>>
>>67027126
Except she really did pass it. The entire point of the test is to convince the other person you really arent' a computer. Ava pretty much accomplished that, Caleb believed there was humanity in her.
>>
to prep general hix and po damneron actors for there big sci fi action flick roles
>>
>>67027235
But he was a manlet so it makes sense
>>
This movie was unsettling. I really hope we never develop true AI and I don't even know why we're trying with all these movies and people telling us how bad it'll turn out.
>>
ROBOTS WILL OUTLIVE HUMANS

WE ARE THE SEX ORGANS OF THE MACHINE WORLD
>>
>>67027318
>Except she really did pass it.

except she didnt you retard.

that specific test was void from the beggining. if only, the real test was to research if a person, even given knowledge he is interacting with a machine, can develop feelings towards it. but people get attached to inanimate stuff all the time, even attached to inexistent stuff, so its a pretty dumb movie after all.
>>
>>67027120
>>67027318

To clarify: when Caleb brings up the Turing Test, Nathan is all "nah we won't do a Turing Test she's already surpassed it, we're testing whether she can pass as a human to you, already knowing that she's an artificial being"

Except this 'test' was rigged - she was pre-programmed specifically just to fool Caleb. Her every response, reaction and manipulation of him was based on her having the correct information in advance to do so. It wasn't spontaneous intelligence/sentience.

Nathan didn't anticipate how quickly and effectively Ava would exploit Caleb and it's why they died.
>>
>>67022957
The word ostensibly pisses me off. I've never seen a sentence where the meaning wouldn't be exactly the same if you removed it. Why does it exist?
>>
I've always been against the hole "robot will take over the world cheap science fiction bullshit", why so if may i ask? They have no survival instinct, they don't feel hunger, cold, fear. They are purely racional and aware of their inevitable detruction (couse you know, sun exploting, galaxy colission or big bang 2.0). They srly have no incentive to do shit by their own. Why would they want power if they can't fuck.
>>
>>67022759

Point?

tearing up the fucking dance floor, there's your point.
>>
>>67024957
it's shit
>>
>>67028850

Lots of killer AI is the product of human hubris. Give artificial intelligence human motivations and values they'll pursue them. Inevitably better than humans would.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.