[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best film of the decade?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: master.jpg (52 KB, 290x430) Image search: [Google]
master.jpg
52 KB, 290x430
Is this the best film of the decade?
>>
It wasn't even the best film of its year. It was pretentious garbage that thought it was better than it was.
>>
The "Pigfuck" scene is definitely one of the best so far
>>
>>67017087
"He's just making it up as he goes along. You don't see that? I can sleep and wake up, and not miss one thing"

Pretty sure it's more self-aware than that
>>
Dunno, haven't seen it. But
>directed by Paul Thomas Anderson
I'm going to say "no."
>>
>>67017040
It had amazing acting, and it was "good" but not very entertaining with no payoff
definitely a must watch though
>>
>>67017087
I love when children begin to form opinions
>>
File: image.jpg (288 KB, 1024x1235) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
288 KB, 1024x1235
>>67017087
This

Pic related is actually kino of the decade
>>
>>67017087
Shut up.
>>
Boring as fuck movie. So no.
>>
Philip Seymour Hoffman is such a good actor that he actually made me understand why anyone went along with that bullshit
>>
File: The-Master-J-and-PSH.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The-Master-J-and-PSH.jpg
87 KB, 1280x720
>>67017155
The mise-en-scene was perfect as well. And the soundtrack, which fucks with your emotions just right.
>>
>>67017040

That, Jack Reacher, The Social Network and Dredd so far
>>
>>67017155
It really pisses me off that some of the most competent directors of today are doing terrible big budget movies that are made for 100% economic purposes, and potentially 10/10 films like this are left to get ruined by shit directors
>>
>>67017040
Reminder that this film killed PSH
>>
>>67017363
Yeah but it also saved Joaquin Phoenix, so overall we're even.
>>
>>67017195
Go back to watching flicks. This is a kino discussion board.
>>
>>67017363
That makes that last scene so much powerful
>>
>>67017363
how
>>
File: phillip seymour.jpg (89 KB, 1916x1036) Image search: [Google]
phillip seymour.jpg
89 KB, 1916x1036
>>67017410

"If you leave here, I don't ever want to see you again.

Or you could stay."
>>
>>67017468
He started drinking again at the wrap up party. The film itself is about two men who struggle with drug addiction. And then he ended up getting back on heroin, and eventually ODed.
>>
>>67017535
Was the film worth his death? I'd say no
>>
>>67017535
wait, the master's drug problem was part of the story?
>>
File: bathroom.jpg (52 KB, 387x329) Image search: [Google]
bathroom.jpg
52 KB, 387x329
>>67017723
The Master got over it because he had a stronger addiction. Freddie doesn't, and it's probably going to kill him.
>>
File: certified-copy-opening-shot.jpg (160 KB, 1440x791) Image search: [Google]
certified-copy-opening-shot.jpg
160 KB, 1440x791
One of them, yes.
>>
>>67017040
PTA's only miscalculation was his desire to pay homage to sailor films like he's fucking patrish Tarantino or some shit

He didn't realize that most people really don't give that much of a fuck about Freddy, the movie could have infinitely better paced without his backstory--anything you learn from those scenes is already told to you by the programming scene in a much better way.

He probably needs to edit down his movies as well, that's another problem he shares with tarantino
>>
>>67018178
Strongly, strongly disagree mane. His backstory is integral to who he, and in many ways a generation, were.
>>
>>67018178
The backstory shows you the world, not Freddie. The world is beautiful, but sterile. The pictures in the department store are perfect, but temporary. The migrant farmers are friendly, but terrifying when mad.

It's probably the best first hour of any movie ever. You don't see that?
>>
>>67017910
Haven't seen CC yet, only Kiarostami film I've seen is Close Up, which reminded me a lot of The Act of Killing.
>>
>>67018178
I think it was pretty necessary to see how much of a sex addict he was
>>
Boyhood or Before Midnight are pham
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 678x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 678x432
>>67017040
The hamster in the van was the best character
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.