[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched this and was blown away. What do you guys think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: funnygames.jpg (61 KB, 400x593) Image search: [Google]
funnygames.jpg
61 KB, 400x593
Just watched this and was blown away. What do you guys think of it? All the actors in this are really underrated, by the way.

Does anybody know anything about any knew Haneke films?
>>
>>67007185
*new
>>
Haneke is fucking awful.

>le drawn out static shots
>le sudden violence
>le edgy commentary on life

Literally R_eddit: the director
>>
>>67007185
i thought it was a pretty good movie
>>
somehow i suspect op is a flick babby and just discovered movies

should just spam films/cinema and fuck with him, avoid kino though he'll probably like some of it but for entirely the wrong reasons
>>
I liked Naomi in panties.
>>
>>67007222
here's your reply faggot
>>67007185
yeah he's filming Happy End starring Isabelle Huppert and Jean-Louis Trintignant currently
it will be out in 2017
also check out Cache next if you haven't already
>>
>>67007185
Haneke is awful because he literally thinks being entertaining makes movies less artistic, which is the same attitude of his tiny circle of admirers.
>>
It was fantastic.

>>67007424
Yep. That scene was brilliant. You know the horror that these people are experiencing, but as a viewer you want it to escalate.
>>
File: grenouille dubitative.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
grenouille dubitative.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
>>67007185
>American version

there's literally no reason to watch this one except MUH SUBTITLES if you're an annoying uneducated American retard
>>
>>67007519
American one was better my entry level friend.
>>
>>67007519
>movie about particularly American interpretations of drama and violence
>doesn't benefit from being set in the US
lol
The original was supposed to be in English and set in America. Because of practical constraints it was set in Austria.

Also, the American version has better acting.
>>
>>67007504
not sure
i assume beacuse he feels that making a movie about the migrant crisis is more important right now
>>
File: grenouille années soixante.jpg (34 KB, 318x359) Image search: [Google]
grenouille années soixante.jpg
34 KB, 318x359
>>67007573
>>67007661
>better acting

just because you couldn't focus on the performance when watching the original because you can't manage to read subtitles fast enough doesn't mean that the performance was better in the American version
>>
>>67007821
I speak German, actually.
>>
>>67007736
Sounds awesome
>>
>>67007876
Blödmann.
>>
>>67007476
Haneke is pretty mainstream now.
>>
>>67007661
The reason he wanted it to be american is because the message about violence he was trying to convey aplies to Hollywood and America the most. We all know most americans don't even bother watching a movie if it has a foreign language.
>>
>>67008629
Exactly.
>>
>>67007821
>implying Germans can emote
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.