[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Alien Theatrical Cut or Director's Cut? >Aliens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
>Alien
Theatrical Cut or Director's Cut?

>Aliens
Theatrical Cut or 1991 Special Edition?

>Alien 3
Theatrical Cut or Director's Cut?

>Alien Resurrection
Theatrical Cut or Special Edition?
>>
>>67006940
>Watching Theatrical Cuts
>Ever

mogge you pleb
>>
Prometheus + deleted scenes
>>
>>67006940
Alien - theatrical, Ridley only did that other cut just for special editions sake
Aliens -either is fine tbqh
Stop there
>>
Director's Cut
Special Edition
Assembly Cut
Don't watch
>>
alien theatrical
aliens directors
alien 3 assembly/directors
alien resurrection doesn't really make a difference
>>
Alien is one of the movie with a superior Theatrical Cut. Can't comment on the others because those movies are shit.
>>
>>67006940
Director's Cut
Special Edition (it's excellent and has robot turrets)
Don't watch it unless you are really bored, even Fincher himself has disowned it. It's a deeply flawed mess. It wasn't his fault he wasn't a big name yet and he had massive studio interference.
Don't watch it ever, for any reason.
>>
>>67006940
If you don't watch a theatrical cut first you wont appreciate the Directors/Special Edition/or Extended cuts.

Always go with theatrical first then watch the better version.
>>
>>67006958
The Directors Cut of Aliens is overly long garbage.
>>
Theatrical. If you watch aliens and alien 3 watch the directors cuts though
>>
>>67007106
>Don't watch it ever, for any reason.
What if I like Ron Pearlman?
>>
>>67006940
>Director's Cut
>even acknowledging the we-want-to-sell-more-DVDs versions
>>
>>67007174
Watch his other movies
>>
KP2 sucked. Should've been Fujin.
>>
Alien: The "Director's Cut" is more like an alternative version than a definitive cut. They're both pretty interesting and certain parts in the newer cut actually make the sequels pretty much non-canon. It's also a bit shorter than the theatrical version, because it cuts down a lot of the atmospheric tracking shots and such.

Aliens: Theatrical cut all the way. The special edition makes the movie extremely flabby and the added scenes are downright insulting at times. It's basically a bunch of shit that nobody needed and even destroy the original cut's tension, like several scenes showing the colony shortly before it gets run over by the aliens.

Alien 3: I prefer the theatrical version, because the pacing is much better, but the assembly cut is a more rounded movie that makes quite a bit more sense overall. The former is basically a moody thriller and the latter is more like a dark drama with thriller elements.

Alien Resurrection: Theatrical. The special edition adds absolutely nothing of value to the movie, except maybe the different ending.
>>
>>67006940
What the hell? Why did the they put eyes on the alien?
>>
>>67007626
They didn't.
>>
>>67007686
they did, fuck face. god damn, you suck,
>>
>>67007626
I think it's face spikes, you're just looking at them head-on so they look like eyes.
>>
>>67007626
>>67007707
Those are teeth because it's host was Baraka and not a human. It also has arm blades.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFPP4Y8ZWQ4
>>
Alien: Theatrical
Aliens: Theatrical
Alien 3: Neither is perfect. This needs a fan edit taking the best from both.
Alien Resurrection: Who cares?
>>
>>67007777
So if it doesn't have eyes what popped in his head then?
>>
File: 88.jpg (26 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
88.jpg
26 KB, 300x400
>>67007777
>>67007722
>>67006988
>>
>>67007892
empty holes.
>>
File: 1411224886293.png (83 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
1411224886293.png
83 KB, 194x260
>>67006958
>preferring shitty bloated directr's cuts
>>
>>67006940
>Alien
Theatrical, even Ridley Scott considers the Director's Cut inferior

>Aliens
Special Edition

>Alien 3
The assembly cut. There is no director's cut of Alien 3.

>Alien Resurrection
Either. Or better yet, neither.
>>
>>67006940
>alien
theatrical. DC adds nothing of value
>aliens
director's cut. But skip the colonist family scene if you can. It's cheese and gay
>alien3
theatrical. Fuck the assembly cut; it's a castrated piece of shit that meanders too much in the middle and solves a plothole that you don't give a fuck about anyway
>alien:r
haven't a clue
>>
>>67007152
>being this much of a pleb
>>
>>67006940
>there's a xeno in mortal kombat
Christ I stopped playing after the 4th one, what did I miss?
>>
>>67008921
Leatherface, Jason Voorhees, Xenomorph and Predator in the latest game.

The last game had Freddy Kruger
>>
Aliens special edition, it noticeably improves the film and makes it a better overall experience.
>>
>>67008921
It went to shit with Warner Bros taking over and forcing all their shitty movie characters into the game as guests.
>>
The Alien Resurrection game was better than either version of the movie
>>
>>67008011

This guy gets it.
>>
>>67009081
Predator and Alien are Fox.
>>
>>67009496
Yeah I don't really understand it but WB owns MK now so they're ultimately behind it. Fox probably paid them to include them.
>>
>>67009496
And Jason went back to Paramount in 2013. Leatherface is currently with Lionsgate.

Freddy and the Injustice games are the only WB crossovers
>>
>>67007017

Hello me.
>>
>Not including Prometheus

Good. It was shit.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.