[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Speaking purely about her talents as an actress, do you like her?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: Jennifer Lawrence.jpg (110 KB, 1500x1120) Image search: [Google]
Jennifer Lawrence.jpg
110 KB, 1500x1120
Speaking purely about her talents as an actress, do you like her?
>>
I've never seen in her any movies because she stars in pure shit also fuck off Krager
>>
mixed bag. Some things shes very enjoyable in and others shes just boring
>>
She's good but David O. Russel keeps miscasting her.
>>
Competent but unremarkable.
>>
>>67005227
No. I mean as an actress, she isn't AWFUL, but she only ever plays like 2 types of character.
I want to see her play a character with some totally different accent to hers, that looks different to her regularly (no blonde or brown hair in her average hairstyle).
I just want her to do something fucking different for once
>>
>>67005294
She has way too many moles to be enjoyable.
>>
I liked her in Silver Linings Playbook, but she did play a crazy trashy whore in that so maybe it fits.
>>
File: Pie Face.jpg (83 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Pie Face.jpg
83 KB, 400x400
Hey boys
>>
https://youtu.be/jWvDY3yHM9s
>>
>>67005399
Hey, I'm talking personally.
I just see her in shit and know exactly how she'll be throughout the rest of the movie.
The one time I was slightly pleasantly surprised was in Silver Linings Playbook, because her character was kinda crazy and bipolar-acting. Other than that she was exactly the same though
>>
File: picture-of-reptilian-alien.gif (372 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
picture-of-reptilian-alien.gif
372 KB, 900x600
That girl has no eyelids
>>
>>67005498
She acts exactly the same as always in Winters Bone. Just younger and more unsure of herself.
Acting scared or sad does not change the personality she's portraying. Scared Katniss and Angry Katniss are not two different characters
>>
Can be pretty good, but shit like American Hustle is high school drama class-tier
>>
SHE'S
>>
>>67005581
No. I'm saying her performance in Winter's bone is the same as her performance in hunger games and all of the other movies she's in.
If you actually read what I've been saying, you'd see that I said her character in Silver Linings Playbook was one of the only ones that she acted differently in.
>>
Nah, her voice annoys me too much
>>
>>67005603
JUST
>>
>>67005603
JUST
>>
>>67005647
How isn't it? She has no strong personality in it at all, she's just younger and a little more unsure-acting, but so slightly that it doesn't really change anything.
>>
She's the perfect level of Hollywood girl next store. She's basically the 2010s equivalent of Drew Barrymore.

She's kinda hot but at the same time you could go to a Starbucks and a few of the girls would be about the same level, so that level isn't unobtainable.
>>
>>67005227
No. Phony try-hard.
>>
File: 1455467252748.jpg (34 KB, 572x549) Image search: [Google]
1455467252748.jpg
34 KB, 572x549
>>67005358
>moles aren't hot as fuck
>>
>>67005674
>>67005690
>>
>>67005790
>Ree was certainly not some bland quiet girl if that's what you're getting at.
Wow, what a surprise! Neither was Katniss!
Though the 'bland' part is very arguable
>>
No such thing as talented and untalented actors and actresses, only likable and unlikable ones
>>
>le make 54 million dollars in one year and still claim to be underpaid woman
no
>>
>>67005872
I have no idea how to specifically pin it down because her personality was nothing-y. She had no defining aspects whatsoever. She was dull.
>>
>>67005917
I said my reason, though, anon. She was personality-less. Just like Katniss and almost every other character she's ever played.

Why are you so obsessed with your stronk womyn waifu? She's never going to acknowledge you
>>
>>67006010
What kind of question is 'what do you mean by personality'? I mean personality

How about this, you tell ME what defining features her character actually had. Ones that she doesn't share with Katniss.
>>
>>67005227
No, not really.

Seen Silver Linings Playbook, seen the X-Men movies, seen almost all the Hunger Games (except Mockingjay Part 1), seen House at the End of the Street, not really impressed so far.

She is usually at least tolerable.
>>
>>67005816
US
>>
>>67006163
to quote you, "So you have no reasons? OK.".

She doesn't change anything. I'd say that a 'good' actor could change themselves to fit with a character, and she hasn't done any of that at all. And sure, it can be argued that they were written that way, but its not like she was incapable of making anything different of something that was written basically character-less. She isn't good at acting in any way other than being herself. That makes her a bad actress.
>>
>>67005259
>American Hustle
>Silver Linings Playbook
>other films not directed by O. Russel I'm sure
>shit
>>
I liked her until she started running her mouth complaining about everything. Its good public opinion is turning on her. with her recent flubs her career is in decline.
>>
she was good in winters bone and silver linings playbook, decent in catching fire, and bad to terrible in everything else

easily the most overrated actress of our time
>>
I thought I liked her until 4chan told me to dislike her. Since I don't really have an opinion on anything, I was convinced easily and now I absolutely hate her.
>>
File: cf.jpg (362 KB, 1065x1500) Image search: [Google]
cf.jpg
362 KB, 1065x1500
Good when the role is right for her. To me she was almost unwatchable and cartoonish in American Hustle.
>>
>>67007241
Somebody get this h o t h e a d out if here
>>
>>67005227
She's not bad. She held up the Hunger Games series pretty much by herself.
She was middling in many other movies I've seen her in, but I feel like she could do way better than she does.
>>
>>67005227
she isn't a talented actor, but women very rarely are, you are cast primarily for your looks, because that's what sells.
>>
>>67005227
>>
No. She's a shit actress and a shit person.
>>
>>67005227
She's alright, but goddamn is she miscast a lot. Stop casting her as characters so much older than she looks, acts, and is.
>>
I liked Winter's Bone.
>>
>>67005450
Damn, she got the voice down perfectly.
>>
>>67010894
i'd like to winter her bone if you knw what i mean
>>
>>67005227

she's getting to big for her britches.

I expect her career will diminish in a decade from now.
>>
>>67005227
Perfect in Winter's Bone.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.