[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P8 WtOK30jw How can one ma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: karlpilkington.jpg (42 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
karlpilkington.jpg
42 KB, 650x366
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P8WtOK30jw

How can one man be so based?
>>
WITNESS
>>
HEAD
>>
TO
>>
>>67001841
is this what british talk shows are like?
>>
>>67001841
I'm not sure if he's a genius or a retard
>>
the world is split into 2 sections when it comes to karl

the ones who knew of him when he first started out on uk radio, were he was genuinely being himself who slowly got turned into a meme by ricky and lost his soul and sold out who he was

and the people who are bandwagoners who think he's fucking hilarious and he's genuinely like this irl and not some lame money grabbing cash out fucking mongoloid

i don't blame him tho, he's doing good for himself. shame the general public are plebs
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB2Fc5ZJRds
i fucking love it when steve gets genuinely upset
>>
>>67002455
stephen merchant is just such a big massive fucking beta

On one podcast he even says working class people make him feel uncomfortable and afraid
>>
>>67002455
I feel like that silence would have been fine had Gervais shouted HE'S DONE YOU AGAIN like her normally does
>>
>>67002563
yeah. at least he understands that he's not a very nice person
>>67002585
i think that ricky made it awkward so that karl felt bad.
they were acting like absolute dicks towards karl on that episode. best episode imo
>>
>>67002563

have you see the women he dates its all fake bru
>>
>>67001841

The host is excessively british. I'm overdosing
>>
>>67002706
Hes Jimmy Carr's sister
>>
>>67002455
>people think this wasn't scripted

it's part of the joke. people really think steve would get angry cos karl called him a fucking invalid?
>>
>>67002303
You don't really think a genuine retard could go as far as he has? The guy has perfect comedy timing. He's so convincing because he's never out of character. Idk about genius but he's clearly not a retard.
>>
>>67002303
Welcome to the love of Karl
>>
>>67002833
I know he hams it up for the audience, but he's got this uncanny comedic timing where he's able to sell it without going overboard. I still prefer the early XFM work though
>>
>>67002303
he has written a book(s)
>>
>>67002833

I think, like many comedians, his "persona" is just an exaggerated version of his actual self. He's figured out what's funny about Karl Pilkington, he knows what makes people laugh at him, and he's figured out how to play it to his advantage
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaR8vB4N8KY
>>
Turns out, little monkey fella
>>
How the fuck did such a moron with no qualifications get a job as a producer on XFM?
>>
>>67002824
it wasn't scripted
gervais just wanted to torture karl and make him feel bad
>>
>>67003474
Because he's not a moron.
>>
>>67003474
when you get a job you'll be asking the same things of your coworkers
>>
Detrout spinners
>>
>>67003621

I started working 6 months ago and yes I think this on a daily basis.
>>
>>67003474
Pretty sure his dad worked in radio, so he left school and started working in that industry when he was pretty young and worked his way up through experience. He also wasn't really producer, he made sound clips and pushed buttons until he became a sort of producer when Ricky and Steve starting doing literally nothing in preparation for their show and he ahd no choice
>>
>>67002395
Seems like he was pretty much entirely like this from the get go.
>>
>>67003954
>Steve starts working for Ricky cause it was the first resume Ricky read and couldn't be bothered going through the rest
>Karl starts working for them because they were too lazy to push buttons at XFM
It seems like appealing to Ricky's laziness is the perfect way to get a jo
>>
Anyone got a playlist or something of all the XFM shows? I need some Karl atm.
>>
>>67003954
>Karl's dad
>Working a proper job

I believe Karl started in hospital radio when his dad was ill. But otherwise, spot on.
>>
>>67004722
He won't stop knicking out of the telephone box|
>>
>>67001841
>that things voice
>that ugly as fuck set

Jesus Christ British talkshows are garbage.
>>
>>67005219

Graham Norton is consistently agreed to be our best. Ratings have dropped for the queer you just saw considerably and have been for a while, now.

Though if you want a more American-style chatshow watch Jonathan Ross.
>>
>>67005587
from what ive seen, graham seems to be the most sufferable outta these three
I cant personally stand the way Ross talks
then again, englishs not my first language..
>>
>>67001841
Everyone from Manchester seems to be really cool.
>>
>>67005798

Go to Rusholme or Fallowfield
>>
>>67005219
All talk shows are garbage these days though
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.