[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm catching up with the oscar nominations, and yesterday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Joyfilmposter.jpg (21 KB, 220x326) Image search: [Google]
Joyfilmposter.jpg
21 KB, 220x326
I'm catching up with the oscar nominations, and yesterday I watched this. Am I the only one that thinks it sucks unbelievably hard?
>>
no, it fucking blows

russell and lawrence are two of the worst people and biggest hacks in filmmaking
>>
Speaking of the Oscars, mfw I fell for the oscarmeme
This movie was mediocre at best.
>yfw the only reason this movie won is because Hollywood want to direct people's attention away from "Hollywood is racist" to the current "The Church is full of pedophiles" scandal involving Gerald Ridsdale.
>>
>>66996026
Yeah, they tried way too hard with this one. I think the original story wasn't that interesting to begin with, so they had to squeeze everything to get the dramatic feel, but it ranged from cringy to retarded.
>>
>>66996125
And also from people looking too hard into Hollywood's massive pedophilia problem.
>>
ITT: babby's first oscar meme

you deserve what you get for being a bandwagoning faggot
>>
>>66996125
yeah, this one was extremely overrated too.
not exactly bad, but meh.

I have yet to watch many movies, but thus far 2015 seems to have been a very average year.

>mfw I unironically think Mad Max should have won for best movie
>>
File: 1412644675058.jpg (29 KB, 464x340) Image search: [Google]
1412644675058.jpg
29 KB, 464x340
>>66996236
Excuse me, what did I exactly deserve by watching a movie in streaming out of curiosity?
>>
>>66996006
>Jlaw and Bradley Cooper again

what's up with that?
>>
>>66996125
Best picutre was Mad Max. Can't believe it.
>>
>>66996006
I had high hopes for it after the scenes with deniro and the mom at the start but fuck it got boring as fuck after that
>>
>>66996264
cooper/law/de niro is the holy trinity of actors for russell.

I suspect that if they'd die tomorrow in a car accident he would just quit making movies all together.
>>
>>66996294
Honestly the very beginning is a bad omen because of the cringy gandma voice over. That one definitely tried WAY too hard.
>>
>>66996239
2014 looks so good in comparison... it's embarrassing to look at the Best Picture nominees from 2015. And I agree Mad Max should've won.
>>
>>66996125
Nah it's good pham.

>>66996006
Yeah Joy was kind of all over the place. Amazed it got any nominations.
>>
>>66996355
Exactly my thoughts. For fuck sake, last year the competitors were Whiplash and Birdman. The former is simply great, and I really like the latter (say what you whant about it, but at least it tried something new, or at least different from the average flick. Spotlight, on the other hand, is as banal as you can get. The only thing going for it is the cast, and even that doesn't shine with that script).
>>
File: 1426262134429.jpg (21 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
1426262134429.jpg
21 KB, 350x250
I feel the need to add that wathcing the actual joy's commercials after movie puts it in a weird perspective.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.