[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kirsten Dunst Joins Taraji P. Henson, Octavia Spencer, Janelle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
>Kirsten Dunst has joined the cast of Fox 2000’s “Hidden Figures” opposite Taraji P. Henson, Octavia Spencer, Janelle Monae and Kevin Costner.
>Ted Melfi is directing “Hidden Figures,” the true story of the African-American female mathematicians at NASA who provided the calculations for the space program during the early 1960s.
>The story centers on Johnson, a brilliant African-American mathematician who, along with her colleagues Dorothy Vaughn and Mary Jackson, served as the brains behind the momentous launch of astronaut John Glenn into orbit, and his safe return. The three women crossed all gender, race and professional lines while embarking on the mission.
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/kirsten-dunst-taraji-p-henson-math-drama-hidden-figures-1201728517/

literally we wuz astronauts n shieet: the movie
>>
Oscar Bait general
>>
>>66994420
fuck off shill
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 300x434) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 300x434
>>
>>66994420
And the Russians did it first without any of that precious diversity.
>>
Without researching these women I'm going to just take a shot in the dark that they were basically nobodies of a crew of hundreds of people and their contributions were relatively small in the scheme of it all.

If anyone wants to look it up and tell me I'm wrong I'd love to hear about it. But I really fucking doubt they had 3 negresses locked away crunching numbers that would make or break the moon landing and then hid evidence of their existence.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if these 3 ladies didn't even interact with one another in their daily lives at NASA
>>
>>66994420
So merely doing the job you were hired to do makes you a cultural hero now? Where's my movie then?
>>
File: jm.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
jm.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>>66994420
sounds like garbage

I really wish Janelle Monae would focus on hiring decent producers and writing good music instead of social politics and acting, I guess it was inevitable though.
>>
File: KatherineJohnson.jpg (20 KB, 200x323) Image search: [Google]
KatherineJohnson.jpg
20 KB, 200x323
>>66994540
>West Area Computers Unit
>The group, a subset of the hundreds of female mathematicians who began careers in aeronautical research during World War II
>Subject to Jim Crow laws
>Only notable member was Johnson who was moved to a different unit (Langley's Flight Research Division) and is credited with providing the trajectory analysis for Glenn's orbital spaceflight

Pic related is Johnson.

Sounds like a load of fluff to me.
>>
>>66994420
What do they mean by
"These women cross... Lines"
I'm pretty sure the guy who made the decision to hire them was the one who took the risks and broke those barriers.
>>
>>66994701
>The three women crossed all gender [...] lines
I'm not sure that sentence means what they want it to mean. It doesn't sound like they crossed any lines.

And of course, they were three of hundreds of women working for proto-NASA doing number crunching before computers were up to the task.
>>
>tfw your race is so shit and inferior that you rely upon other superior races to make films about you in which they lie and flatter you by inventing achievements that you had no part in

i don't know if black people and women enjoy being patronised, but if they do, then that might explain why they are incapable of greatness
>>
>>66994767
Credit where its due, Johnson was genuinely significant. She actually worked out the trajectory for the Moon Landing.

It's a bit much to suggest that there was a secret cable of black women without whom there would be no space flight.
>>
>>66994420
>Men accomplish something
>Hurr no womyn helped them
>>
tits
>>
>>66994545

The women-computers who crunched numbers from the late 19th Century through about 1970 were remarkable people who deserve to be remembered.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.