[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Where is your mandatory date, civilian? What do you say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 600x600
>Where is your mandatory date, civilian?

What do you say to the theater inspection police, /tv/?
>>
S-she went to get crab legs
>>
>>66993643
our falcon had to go potty, so he took him outside for a moment, officer.
>>
File: cheekyyyy.jpg (108 KB, 1918x1050) Image search: [Google]
cheekyyyy.jpg
108 KB, 1918x1050
>>66993643
Point to right shoulder where my falcon is perched with my left hand. Smirk, pick up my anvil and walk on in.
>>
>>66993643
Would you be allowed fug in this sort of theatre?
>>
buy 2 tickets and spread your legs and be extra comfy
>>
>>66993713
Only if you make sure to mark your bed as "in use" with the tiki torch
>>
>>66993691
>he

You gay or summat, anon?
>>
she's in the showers getting butter from jamal the popcorn vendor, sir
>>
>>66993691
What about the falcon bidet?
>>
I go with my younger brother and pretend he's my date. How I still get into kids movies.
>>
>>66993643

Dwantaine is getting my qt gf's beef curtains buttered
>>
>>66993643
>oh let me just text her real quick sir
>pretend I'm going for my cell
>pull out a glock 17
>ratatatatatatata
>run to the emergency exit
>more theater inspection officers with m82's come rappelling down
>grab hold of the nearest stacy
>"I just wanted to fucking see Deadpool you fucking cinema pigs. Look.. look you made me do...just because I'm a KV. This isn't right"
>"just put the normal citizen down you creep and this can end peacefully"
>"oh I'll put her down all righ" as a grin falls upon my face
>"coocaw coocaw" I shout as my pet Falcon swoops down to pick me up
>"nothing personal " I whisper to stacy as I blast her away while Theodore my Falcon companion lifts me into the air and crashes through the theater roof
>the police walk over to the body as my calling card (Joker poker card) floats down infront of them
>>
>>66993713
Pretty sure that's also mandatory
>>
File: darthbane.jpg (97 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
darthbane.jpg
97 KB, 333x500
>>66993691
>>66993710
>>66993756
>>66993847

I want info on this hot new falcon meme
>>
>>66993749
lot of meme's there, kid. you manage last a bit longer you might just have what it takes to be a memester
>>
>>66993810
H A N O I

A

N

O

I
>>
I went on a date today.

^__^
>>
>>66993643
i bet a lot of people had sex there
>>
>>66993713

only if you're black. if you're white you're only allowed to feast on the creampies after the movie is over. in fact in some states it's mandatory that the white men clean up after the blacks
>>
>>66993884
Oldest cinema meme in the book newfig
>>
>>66993884
>new meme
falcons are a few months old friend, anvils are the hot new shit
>>66993746
im on /tv/ of course im a fag. but im not as big a homo as the prequel lovers
>>
File: 1457553731628.png (21 KB, 504x650) Image search: [Google]
1457553731628.png
21 KB, 504x650
>>66993884
And I want you to lurk moar, newfriend.
>>
>>66993941
>>66993942
Okay so tell me where it came from then
>>
>>66993942
>a few months old
I want you to lurk moar, too.
>>
I don't understand why would anyone want to go to such theater,
people are retards, someone is bound to fuck there.
>>
>>66993973
where do any memes come from? god puts them in a virgin, then they become memes.
>>
grab his crotch and say "he's in front of me right now ;)"
>>
>>66993978
>few, the minority
>the minority of months could be up to 120423456 months
looks like im right friend, technically, and we all know according to futurama that being technically right is the best kind of right
>>
File: 1446485102469.jpg (182 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1446485102469.jpg
182 KB, 2000x1000
>movie ends
>cinema police tell us to form a single file line to take our mandatory bath at the cinema shower
>they inspect me and I find the soap I snuck in
>have to buy the overpriced concession soap
>>
>>66993973
Its just some retarded joke two or three people started, nobody even knows the relevance
>>
>>66993973
no one really knows where they come from anon, that's why they're so darn funny
>>
>>66993643
Does my falcon count as a date?
>>
>t...taking a shower sir
>>
>>66993973

a celebrity posted a youtube video of his famous vine and then it was upvoted 5000 times on reddit and someone saw it on the front page and now we all follow the bandwagon retardation because we are mindless sheep

oh no wait you're on the wrong fucking website you fucking moron. get out normie faggot
>>
>>66994205
>miss the origin of one obscure thing everyone keeps referencing
>must be normie faggot

:^)
>>
>>66994281
>obscure
Nigger you weren't even here before the Star Wars tourists if you don't recognize this, sit down and lurk moar.
>>
>>66993894
I hate this board. You people are responsible for the Reddit flood in the past 2 years with your baneposting, resulting in butthurt posters such as >>66993894
>>
>>66994470
>baneposting
>two years
Anon, I...
>>
>>66993643
she's servicing daquan in the men's restroom
>>
>>66993643
I brought my brother, that counts right?
>>
>"She's off feeding the dog at the theatre kennel, she'll be back soon!"
>>
>>66994470
>le funny i hate this place meme

literally grow the fuck up
>>
>>66993973
Jesus, ok, let's do this.

The meme has its roots in Always Sunny in Philadelphia - in one episode, Charlie tries to bring spaghetti into the theater. A joke exploring the boundaries of what is acceptable to birng into the cinema through the context of Charlie's social ineptitude.

This then sprouted out the idea of a character who has loose spaghetti in his pockets and the meme of creating stories where someone would walk into a Gamestop, try and buy a game but have a panic attack, trip over and spill the spaghetti from their pockets. Later version of the mem also included a cape as the cause of tripping - not mentioned prior to the actual fall, implying the author considered is a completely normal thing to wear. The mem always ends in the utter humiliation of the author.

This then found its way to /tv/, but in the context of going to the cinema alone. The cape and spaghetti were always present, but there were always additions to the story. In classic 4chan fashion, the stories became increasingly elaborate - including detailed explanations of the author begging his mother for a ride, having a panic attack upon trying to purchase a ticket, wetting himself after trying to flee the cinema unsuccessfully and even being raped. This hit its peak a good long while ago and died off.

Now within two years or so, the "No Singles Policy" became a meme, not in the same form as the elaborate stories of the inept character trying to function in societies, but just brief statements bemoaning the policy. This isn't critical in the development of the meme, but it's an important footnote - specifically, the joke was on non-Americans to lead them to believe that this was in fact an actual policy enforced in the US as a result of the Batman shooting.

(cont next post)
>>
File: 1456820344463.png (129 KB, 304x351) Image search: [Google]
1456820344463.png
129 KB, 304x351
tell him "implying i'd date a 3DPD woman" and then hug my body pillow
>>
>>66994598
Now as an extension of these memes, but following the similar theme of "out of place items at the cinema" people began to play on the concept of cultural differences in cinemas, inventing increasingly absurd items one brings, or facilities available at cinema - first showers, then falcons and suddenly anvils. The meme would usually be expressed by a short story (much shorter than "spaghetti dropping" narratives) where the author would express annoyance at something regarding the cinema and work in the shower or anvil as a part of it - like the cape or no singles policy, this was played completely straight in an attempt to convince the reader of this being a normal thing at this cinema, but at this point so absurd that it was obviously tongue-in-cheek.

The unique part about the falcon and anvil concept is that they're completely non-sequitur and have no apparent reason or link to the cinema which is presumably the result of trying to take the idea to the nth degree in the spirit of one-upmanship.
>>
>>66994598
>spilling spaghetti is from IASIP
Let me stop you right there you autist, watch 8 Mile once.
>>
>>66994598
>>66994612

fucking 10/10 anon
>>
>>66994638
fuck off 9gag
>>
File: $_1.jpg (22 KB, 400x395) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
22 KB, 400x395
>>66994612
>>
>>66994692
>9gag
8 Mile literally predates IASIP, you're the fucking newfag here. Stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>66994735
>"hahaha they both have spaghetti xD"
fuck off 9gag
>>
>>66994747
You're obviously too new to recognize that the spaghetti meme comes from vomiting mom's spaghetti, stop while you think you're ahead while thinking you're BTFOing people only marginally older than you.
>>
Do you see a lot of little kids and niggers in these regal theaters? I want my Civil War experience to exceed my Age of Ultron experience, though it might be already since I'm not going with my meme spouting, "HAHA LISTEN TO MY FUNNY JOKE ABOUT THE MOVIE" friends.
>>
>>66994853
anon, what's it like to have friends?
>>
Show him my left hand and tell him he's shy
>>
>>66994893
It's good to have them.

Though 80% of the time I prefer to be alone relaxing on the weekend and shitposting here occasionally after a long week of school/work.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.