[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Threads thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: threads.jpg (376 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
threads.jpg
376 KB, 1280x720
Just watched this masterpiece. Threads and other post nuclear movies discussion welcome
>>
where the fuck can I watch a good quality version of this? There's nothing online apart from those potato mode Vimeo ones
>>
>>66990789
Thats how i watched it. After a short time i got immersed and the quality didn't bother me anymore
>>
What's the name of this again?
>>
Why would we all talk like rednecks in the future?
>>
>>66991317
Cajun dialect is a result of multiple languages meeting and beih cut off from the rest of society and slowly interbreeding.
The assumption is that the same would happen in any other setting.
There's also an argument for British English becoming the dominant lexicon due to its excessive reliance on rolling the tongue and it's uncanny ability to work well with slang.
Whichever of the two is the true outcome I'm not so sure I want to live to find out
My whole thing is to survive and watch The Habbening™ , live for 3 years after that point, die
>>
File: How to survive a nuke.jpg (397 KB, 1006x1280) Image search: [Google]
How to survive a nuke.jpg
397 KB, 1006x1280
>>66990761
The first time I watched it, I instantly went on /k/ and asked for nuclear survival guides.
>>
>>66990761
shit movie, fucking boring. couldn't even finish zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
File: Easy nuclear detonation.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Easy nuclear detonation.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
Why don't you love The Bomb, /tv/?
>>
>>66991561
not enough car chases for you, huh? that's cool. i'm sure someone will be making a movie about monster trucks any day now.
>>
>>66993143
Not even that guy

I can appreciate a movie that's not all action, but I honestly am missing where Threads was a great movie. It was boring.
>>
>>66993143
I concur, it wasn't even consistent in its narration format. I acknowledge that it was original for its time, and the acting held up well enough to immersion, but, but... yeah maybe it didn't have too many car chases. Fuck the girl at the end and her awful screeching too.
>>
>>66991605
That's actually beautiful to look at
>>
Not really post nuclear but Fail-Safe is a great flick nonetheless
>>
File: 1456472868072.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456472868072.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>66995212
Here have the full version
>>
>>66991544
I felt the reverse; I looked into how to kill myself as quickly as possible.
>>
>>66991605
goddamn that is brutally terrifying.
>>
>>66993231

this is most likely because you are a child who never grew up under the threat of nuclear annihilation. you don't know what it's like to live every day with the idea that power-mad fucks like Reagan might accidentally press the wrong button and destroy all life on Earth.

it informs everything you do. why stay in school if the world is going to end? why do anything?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.