[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your favorite movie? Mine is Phoenix due to its deep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: phoenix-poster.jpg (272 KB, 680x962) Image search: [Google]
phoenix-poster.jpg
272 KB, 680x962
What is your favorite movie? Mine is Phoenix due to its deep exploration of the human condition.
>>
Mine is Freddy Got Fingered due to its existential exploration of the human condition.
>>
File: tfwnochadbf.png (288 KB, 609x749) Image search: [Google]
tfwnochadbf.png
288 KB, 609x749
>>66990699

>Finally see a thread about a film I love that never gets discussed
>it's a shitposting thread
>>
>>66990797
I was being serious though.
>>
>>66990836

But it's not a deep exploration of the human condition
>>
>>66990875
of course it is
>>
>>66991049

Explain then
>>
>>66991105
"How do we process unimaginable betrayal? How do we overcome the kind of events that forever alter the trajectory of a life we so desperately want back? These are just two of the questions addressed by Christian Petzold’s masterful “Phoenix,” a film that firmly cements its director as one of the most impressive working today. With echoes of “Vertigo,” and a deeply confident visual language, Petzold’s film resonates long after its perfect ending. This is a riveting piece of work that never loses sight of its human story while also serving as a commentary for how an entire country deals with tragedies like war. A film this satisfying on every level—one that can be enjoyed purely for its narrative while also providing material for hours of discussion on its themes—is truly rare."
>>
>>66991146

That's not the human condition though, you're clearly just using words you don't understand.
>>
>>66990699
while the movie is hardly what you said, Nina Hoss was exceptional, being overlooked by awards tells us so much about what actual shits they're awarding.
>>
File: br.jpg (223 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
br.jpg
223 KB, 600x900
>>
Back to the Future, the whole trilogy. You could probably edit them to just be one long movie and it would be dope.
>>
Favorite: The Tree of Life
Most Flawless: 2001 A Space Odyssey
>>
>>66991215
"The human condition is defined as "the characteristics, key events, and situations which compose the essentials of human existence, such as birth, growth, emotionality, aspiration, conflict, and mortality."
>>
File: Children-of-Men-Gallery-3.jpg (558 KB, 800x445) Image search: [Google]
Children-of-Men-Gallery-3.jpg
558 KB, 800x445
>>66990699
Everything in this movie clicked and clicked together
>>
>>66991215
Pretty much all films explore the human condition, this one just does so to a more meaningful extent.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.