[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 63.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
63.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
New Tomb Raider movie reboot to be inspired by the 2013 video game

>Video game movie adaptations are going to become the new capeshit
Is this going to be the end of cinema?

Make it stop
>>
>>66988211
>inspired by the 2013 video game
dropped
>>
>>66988378
>not dropping every video game movie adaptation on principle
>>
I bet Lara's friend will be white.
>>
File: Camilla-Luddington-.jpg (620 KB, 1456x1456) Image search: [Google]
Camilla-Luddington-.jpg
620 KB, 1456x1456
This will only work if pic related plays LC
>>
>>66988211
Maybe in 10 years or so
>>
>>66988559
She's going to be played by a fat transgender woman
>>
>>66988559
Star Wars girl already confirmed for Lara.
>>
>>66988608
>confirmed

I thought it was just floating around as a (highly likely) rumor.
>>
>>66988557
What's wrong with that? There's that white nerdy guy who's an electrician and kissed Lara.
>>
>>66988608
Yes, and this is why it will fail. Lara needs to be actually attractive as well as have a god-tier accent.
>>
>>66988211
If Lara won't be asexual or at least a lesbian I will not watch it. The romance subplot ruined Lara in those old films.
>>
>>66988667
>romance subplot
You need to have it in the movie, or woman would not watch it.
Hollywood 101.
>>
>>66988652
>>66988652
Well, she kissed him in his cheek. And the he died.
>>66988735
Not really. Nowadays women like females who need no man. Elsa from Frozen is really popular among girls.
>>
>>66988818
>women
Little girls, heck just kids, they loved this movie.
But mature woman need a romantic subplot.
>>
File: 1457834431228.jpg (73 KB, 732x820) Image search: [Google]
1457834431228.jpg
73 KB, 732x820
>>66988211
>Is this going to be the end of cinema?
No, but you kids are going to be the end of this board if you're so dumb you seriously think this (or capeshit for that matter) can kill cinema.
>>
Old Tomb Raider games were better.
>>
>>66989105
Like Angel of Darkness?
Nah, new games quite good.
>>
>>66989182
1-4. Chronicles was boring.

2 is probably my favorite. I liked it more when gameplay was more important than the cutscenes.
>>
>>66988211
No as its going to suck and get terrible reviews. There had never been a good video game film let alone a decent one.
>>
I liked the Angelina Jolie ones when I was little. Didnt really play no video games so I dunno about source, but they were kind of fun.

From that grey depressing pic, this looks like some gritty reboot shit I want no part of.
>>
>>66989429

The new games are kind of fun, more focus on surviving.

Its less 'Lara is a badass' and 'Lara gets smacked around by literally everything but wont stay down'.
>>
>>66989964
Argurably, she does become the badass at the end of the reboot complete with the pose and the second game seems to have the story being she's digging through her father's old stuff and starts investigating something only to accidentally lead an evil group to try to steal it. The game then becomes her trying to stop them while feeling guilty for leading them to it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.