[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why wasn't Nightcrawler heralded as the masterpiece it deserves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: nightcrawler-main.jpg (318 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
nightcrawler-main.jpg
318 KB, 1500x1125
Why wasn't Nightcrawler heralded as the masterpiece it deserves to be recognized as?
>>
>>66984322
cause it showed the jew for what it really is, they don't want us to know.
>>
File: 1456538632064.png (65 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
1456538632064.png
65 KB, 300x240
>>
Because it says everything it has to say in the first 15 minutes and only belabors the point after. He's an interesting character for the satire but not as a dramatic character.
>>
>>66984322
Jake Gyllenhaal never gets the recognition he deserves.
Which is strange since he's a happy merchant.
>>
>>66984322
Jake was robbed at the Oscars
>>
>>66984322
Too dark, oscars is only guilt and catharsis.
>>
it was too smart for the general audience and too damning for the jewish media
>>
Because it came out about the same time as Gone Girl, the "muh 12 years" Boyhood, the "muh patriotism" American Sniper, the "muh science" Interstellar and the "muh white guilt" Selma.
It wasn't widely known and publicized.
>>
>>66984411
>it says everything it has to say in the first 15 minutes

Nah, iirc he doesn't even start nightcrawling until after the 20 minute mark, let alone manipulating the media.
>>
>>66984322

hahaha you fucking pleb, it's not even good film let alone masterpiece.

Edgy teen's need to leave this board
>>
>>66984427
omg who by were they caught
>>
>>66984427
I had to look on wikipedia to remember who got that oscar last year. It was Eddie Faggot for The Theory of Everything.

Jake really was robbed.
>>
>>66984415
He's like Kubrick, he's acts so un-Jewish he seems almost anti-Jewish. He takes himself and his work seriously, he has integrity, he's charming without being glib, and he doesn't turn himself into a piece of marketing. There's nothing for the Eternal Jew to monetize on him besides his looks.
>>
>>66984529
2meta for you

It's film-noir done right and it's message is conveyed like a slap to the face rather than a preach from a pedastal. A movie can be dark without being edgy. If anything you're edgy for saying its not even good.
>>
Because the protagonist is an awful person
>>
>>66984322

/biz/: The Movie
>>
He's playing another intense weirdo in his next one, Demolition, was it?
>>
>>66984508
No I think you get a solid grasp on the point right from the beginning. "Its so hard for young people to get ahead in capitalism that they have to be nearly ruthless maniacs." You get that from him stealing scrap metal and assaulting the security guard, and his inhumane way of selling himself for a construction job. Sure the nightcrawling enhances the message but to me the point had already been made.
Like I said, he's not interesting enough to support a whole narrative
>>
Jake's performance was so good it genuinely creeped the viewers out, thereby making them think the movie itself was creepy rather than a masterpiece
>>
>>66984745
Eh? Isn't a movie where they present the point in the beginning and then enhance the message throughout a better format than watching a movie for 1.5 hours and then there being a punchline presented? "The moral of the story is _______!"
>>
>>66984734
>He's playing another intense weirdo in his next one, Demolition, was it?

Why do people like this guy? Plays a wide eyed monotone voiced creep in half his movies. Lazy acting.
>>
>>66984837
Arguable. I guess it would depend on the material. I'd rather have follow a character for a couple hours, learn about him over time then come to conclusions about what the filmmakers have to say about him.

Don't get me wrong though, Nightcrawler is a solid movie and I do like the themes overall. Just not a movie I fell in love with
>>
>>66984841
>Lazy acting.

every wide eyed creep he plays as is pretty different
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.