[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /tv/s opinion on this movie ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
What's /tv/s opinion on this movie ?
>>
it's ok
is it pointless? maybe maybe not
pta is pretty amazing i admire it
>>
>>66984289
retarded jew shit
>>
>>66984289

Trip
>>
>>66984289
Excellent adaptation of a pretty great book. Not perfect, as it would have had to have been 4+ hours, but pretty close to it, and it did some things even better like Bigfoot. Minor complaint is Greenwood's score felt a little less than suitable but the soundtrack was great.
>>
You won't really get it if you don't read the book
>>
what's that word for when both sides of an economic system feed into each other?

It sums up this movie. It's literally one word and I forgot it. Fuck.
>>
File: 1457836339701.jpg (23 KB, 396x411) Image search: [Google]
1457836339701.jpg
23 KB, 396x411
This face actually works pretty well for my face about this movie
>>
>>66984289

complicated as fuck.

You have to pay A LOT of attention when seeing it. It's one of those films that you have to see twice to make sense of it, like Inception
>>
Needed more Vitamin C.
>>
>>66985202
>like Inception
>>
>>66985432

Your fedora is showing.
>>
>>66985202
u slow
>>
>>66984714
Symbiotic?
>>
It reminded me a lot of the big lebowski
I enjoyed it
>>
>>66984289
First time I loved it
Second time I hated it
You're better off reading the book, and WAY better off reading any other book by Pynchon.
>>
It left me confused the first time. I watched it a second time and I thought it was superb. Some of my favorite PTA work thus far.
>>
>>66984289
great

watch when DUDE'd
>>
can't even imagine watching this movie without reading the book, so much integral info and background is left out. would seem like a jumbled mess
>>
>>66984289
the book was better desu

gravity's rainbow adaptation when
>>
>>66985626
I'm not even afraid to say I really liked Interstellar, but Inception was shit
>>
Should had been at least 5 hours long
>>
>>66985202
I just don't get these people who think Inception is incredibly complicated. They go into this guys dream, then they go another level deeper into his subconscious, then another, until for contrived narrative reasons they are escaping from a collapsing fortress (or something or other, haven't seen it in a while).

And the way they leave the top spinning at the end is just a way to convey the fact that this guy is so bloody caught up in these simulated worlds that it is very possible he created one for himself as a happy ending.
>>
Misleading poster
>>
10/10. PTA's third best film, tied with Boogie Nights.
>>
>>66984464
I think the soundtrack was killer
>>
>>66984464
score was great. reminded me of Bernard Herrmann
>>
>>66986399

The Master
There Will Be Blood
Inherent Vice/Boogie Nights
Punch Drunk Love
Magnolia
Hard Eight

How close was I?
>>
>>66984289
the book was good
>>
I love Pynchon but haven't read Inherent Vice. I think it was a great movie and definitely Pynchony enough. I want PTA to make a Vineland movie or a V. miniseries
>>
>>66985202
>>66985626
>Bobblehead exposition machine having everything explained to her along the way
>Difficult to understand
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.