[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Top Hollywood actors rarely work with female directors, if at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: gallery-1456356344-1[1].png (767 KB, 980x2716) Image search: [Google]
gallery-1456356344-1[1].png
767 KB, 980x2716
>The site's editors rounded up the resumes of the top-grossing 100 leading men in Hollywood and simply counted how many times they'd acted in films directed by women. "We counted only films released by publication time, and included bit parts, tiny roles and animated voices -- anything except un-credited cameos," the editors explained.
>The results, it turns out, are pretty galling. No fewer than 20 of the top male actors in Hollywood have never worked with a female director, and 21 of the actors have only worked with a female director once, and two of those include Will Smith and Hugh Jackman, who only made the cut by doing voice roles in animated films with female co-directors -- "Shark Tale" and "Happy Feet," respectively.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hollywood-actors-female-directors-report/

I thought Hollywood was supposed to be progressive like CURRENT YEAR man. What went wrong?
>>
I've never seen a female garbage collector or janitor
EQUALITY NOW
>>
>>66983901
I have.
Quite often, actually.

I've seen female construction workers too, but those are much more rare they were all fucking beasts though
>>
File: mysoginy.png (595 KB, 674x7920) Image search: [Google]
mysoginy.png
595 KB, 674x7920
equality
>>
Male directors are just better

Women do not have a mind for cinema world building
>>
>>66984061
>receptionist
>secretaries

I find this hard believe especially because we're called "special events coordinators"
>>
>Nicholas Cage is among the top actors
Good for him
>>
>>66983839
so 80% have worked with women directors.
>>
>79 of them have work with women directors more than once.
>>
You know why? Because female directors aren't working on films that can afford top Hollywood actors.
>>
>>66984150

>world building

Literally irrelevant garbage only turbo plebs care about.
>>
>>66983839
I'm confused. Does that mean the other 79 have worked with a woman MORE THAN once? Or not at all?

Also, random trivia: The female director Robert Downey Jr worked with is his wife, and one of the major people who helped clean up his life.
>>
File: goat4.jpg (121 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
goat4.jpg
121 KB, 800x600
>>66984045
>tfw that qt black lady driving the bus with the big ass
>>
>>66983839
who cares
>>
>>66985805
>>66985898
>>66986244
you didnt even have to read the article. OP posted the highlights for you

>No fewer than 20 of the top male actors in Hollywood have never worked with a female director
>and 21 of the actors have only worked with a female director once

that means 59 had worked with a female director more than once.

On the other hand, this is pointless. So many idiots on the left have decided that equality means equality of outcome, not equality of opportunity (unless we are talking about pro sports, then its perfectly fine for one race to dominate, unless its white people. They never complain about the fact that 98% of Wide Recievers in the NFL are black, but they sure do complain that 90% of quarterbacks are white)
>>
File: 1438773168281.jpg (63 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1438773168281.jpg
63 KB, 722x349
>Inequality of outcomes must be because of inequality of treatment.
>It can't possibly be inequality of people.
>>
>>66983839
We live in a world where people think complaints and demands should get you prestige faster then merit - since they've decided they deserve it.

These types of people are willing to destroy their reputation and try to taint the industry's reputation for quality first calling for this.
>>
>>66987598
it has nothing to to with that. it has to do with the mental gymnastics.
>No fewer than 20 of the top male actors in Hollywood have never worked with a female director
>fewer than 20 of the top male actors in Hollywood have worked with a female director
>more than 80 of the top male actors have worked with a female director
its like some sort of triple negative to squeeze out a narrative
>>
>>66983901
equality of high status now.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.