[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: Heatposter.jpg (25 KB, 298x433) Image search: [Google]
Heatposter.jpg
25 KB, 298x433
I just watched this for the first time. Was it Kino?
>>
>>66980262

I dont keep up with /tv/ sperglord terms but it was brilliant.

GOAT ending too. Visual poetry
>>
>>66980262

have plans to rewatch it tomorrow for the first time in a couple of years

so pumped

might be Mann's masterpiece
>>
Heat is melodramatic soap opera trash
>>
>>66980386
>>66980421
yeah I thought it was great too
>>
>>66980449
How so?
>>
SHE HAD A GREAT ASSS!

Turned it off there.
>>
here is an interesting review, be wary of spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMLej6hFN30
>>
>>66980566
The entire movie is soap opera level melodrama
>>
>>66980603
This is a great review
>>
>>66980695

okay so you've repeated your words, now again, how is that the case? try to think of ways you could put forth your thoughts so we could have a conversation and share our thoughts. so far you have stated an opinion twice with no explanation.
>>
>>66980449
>Doesn't like melodrama.
Spotted the pleb.
>>
>>66980822
oh boy
>>
i just watched it a month ago. I can see why it's considered good, but it didn't really do anything for me. I think it's aged poorly
>>
>>66980766
its over the top melodramatic and what transpires is more like what you'd see in day time soap operas (with REALISTIC SOUNDING GUNS!!!!!!!!1!!!)
>>
>>66980947
Literally the only over the top melodrama is when Pacino is consoling the dead prostitute's mom at the crime scene.
>>
>>66980594
But that's the best bit
>>
File: spot a hershlag thread.webm (3 MB, 780x458) Image search: [Google]
spot a hershlag thread.webm
3 MB, 780x458
kino
>>
>>66980262
>tfw the only way to get any thread started is through retarded memes
>tfw the Heat thread has 18 replies while the thread with a picture of CIA holding Captain America's shield has like 90

Fuck this board. Anyway, Heat is one of the most badass crime movies ever and easily Michael Mann's best. I think I'll watch it tonight. Thanks for making the thread, OP.
>>
>>66980262
Is Heat or Collateral more operator tier?
>>
>>66981247

This. Enjoy. Heat really is a masterpiece
>>
>>66980325
I found this and Collateral very boring.
>>
>>66981371
>>66981371

Both equally so. Mann is like the only guy ever that shows characters checking if the first round is loaded into the barrel properly
>>
>>66981410

Go watch transformers then. These are movies where characters get time to develop. These are not movies where they adhere to the "we need an action beat every 5 pages of the script" hollywood bullshite
>>
>>66981505
>movies where they adhere to the "we need an action beat every 5 pages of the script" hollywood bullshite
That's literally Collateral
>>
>>66981505
>implying heat has well written characters
>>
File: 1433175511683.jpg (60 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1433175511683.jpg
60 KB, 480x360
>it's a bad guy would have gotten away with it if he didn't do something moral at the end movie
>>
>>66981654

>giving in to revenge
>moral

He was in the clear, but couldnt let it go. It got him killed
>>
It's pretty average if you remove your nostalgia goggles and that awesome sounding fight (at the beginning?).
>>
>>66981654
>thinking in childish terms like good guys and bad guys

Come on.
>>
>>66981861
He's just thinking like Michael Mann would.
>>
>>66981861
>DUDE MORAL AMBIGUITY MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER LMAO
>>
>>66981654
name one movie where it happened besides scarface
>>
One of my top 10 of all time. Maybe in my top 5. I first saw it on VHS like 15 years ago and thought it was great and still is great.

I might have to stream it later tonight. I tried to watch it a few weeks ago but my DVD skips. I'll have to get the bluray soon.
>>
No its an action flick.
>>
Is it crescent fresh?
>>
Other than the theft scene and the ending, I don't remember much of this film. I just remember that I liked it a lot.

I might rewatch it in the future.
>>
>>66980766

Not him but Heat is a drama that has a lot of its focus on the theme of family. That being said it also has elements of film noir.
The true art in this film is not the story itself but the way it's told.
Visuals are on point. Sound is excellent. Performances from the actors are all throughout believable (even tho pacino get's dragged into his generic psycho mode at few points).
Story itself is indeed just kind of melodrama. But it's well packaged.
Collateral has a better story and is evenly well made. If it didn't have Cruise and Fox in it people would praise it as Mann's best and even one of the best crime-thrillers ever made. But Cruise and Fox bring too much prejudice with them so it was never get the praise it deserved.
Most people go on about Heat having Pacino facing DeNrio and that alone is reason to praise it whereas the best scene in the movie between these two is just a clever use of lighting camera and a few excellent cuts in the editing room. That's the most tense scene in the whole movie, not even the end can compete.
>>
>>66980594

WHAT ARE YOU, A FUCKING OWL?
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (727 KB, 1911x795) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
727 KB, 1911x795
>>66981371

Seeing how Vince probably was the only one who actually served in the military I'd say Collateral. Cops and gangsters usually are more "street"
>>
>>66982788

>got lucky with the lights

HOW ON EARTH DOES VINCENT MISS?
>>
>>66980262
can't believe they allowed a slip of an underage natalie portman vagina lip.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.