[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were the early 2000s the worst period for film in recent memory?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: ESC-Noughties.jpg (52 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
ESC-Noughties.jpg
52 KB, 720x540
Were the early 2000s the worst period for film in recent memory?
>>
90s weren't too spectacular either. Probably the worst decade for film desu.
>>
current is worse and it's not even close
>>
Aronofsky and Nolan both got their start then.

Spiderman was good

And you had a good streak of Japanese movies

So no
>>
>>66976089
nope, we're witnessing a renaissance in terms of cinematography. next is to remove intellectually devoid kikes and we'll be in another golden age of Hollywood
>>
>>66976138
oh ok so you're either one of those purposeless pretty picture spamming memers/cancer or you're just shitposting

got it

just keep beating off to lubezki and deakins like a retard, you'll be fine
>>
>>66976224
>presents an objectively wrong and laughably idiotic opinion
>someone presents a rebuttal
>proceeds to sperg out in response
No, I'm sure minus some infantile capeshit cinema is doing as fine as ever. Fuck off you faggoty pseud.
>>
>>66976031
by early 2000s I mean the noughties
>>
>>66976031
fuck no

it's as easy as comparing the capeshit from then to now
>>
2005 is the worst year of this century so fat
>>
>>66976031

It was nothing but leftovers from the 90's that nobody ever planned on making since they were retarded enough to think computers would kill them all when 2000 came around. Considering how shit the 90's were of course their reject pile was gonna suck.
>>
>>66976747
agreed
>>
Its been shit since the late 80s.
A few sparks of life early 90s and then nothing.
>>
>>66976747
Sin City was pretty good
>>
>Blissfully Yours
>Tropical Malady
>Platform
>Unknown Pleasures
>The World
>Mulholland Dr
>Werckmeister Harmonies
>Milennium Mambo
>Cafe Lumiere
>Goodbye Dragon Inn
>In Praise of Love
>Star Spangled to Death
>Russian Ark
>Ten
>Vai e vem
>Yi Yi
>13 Lakes / 10 Skies
>In Vanda's Room
>Habla Con Ella
>As I Was Moving Ahead
pretty great period actually
>>
>>66976031
wtf was with the early 2000s
why was it such a fucking bizarre time
>>
>>66976747
>>66976854
Why?
>>
>>66977894
Because we went from the relative peace and prosperity and excitement over a new millennium and then got slammed straight into the post 9/11 world we've been in ever since.
>>
>>66977979
Oh and we went from excitement over the possibilities of the internet and new technology to now realizing it was mostly a mistake.
>>
>>66976313
>a rebuttal

>no youre wrong

Kill yourself
>>
>>66978013
*tips scotch glass*
>>
>>66977894
America was suffering an identity crisis because of a turbulent period with a president being impeached, an absolutely chaotic present with 9/11, and an uncertain (and eventually nightmarish) future.
>>
>>66977894
And also everyone was essentially still stuck in the 90s until around 2003-2004.
>>
>>66978058
Just saying that the internet has changed society for the better in some ways but in many other ways it just created new venues for people to argue over meaningless shit.
>>
>>66978122
inb4 mgs:2 speech.

Metal gear was a mistake.
>>
>>66978122
>it just created new venues for people to argue over meaningless shit

I diSAGREE RETARd
>>
>>66976031
>implying the early 2000s weren't the last great time period for everything in pop culture
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghDDdQxgXRw
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.