[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (175 KB, 1417x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175 KB, 1417x700
What went right?
>>
>>66972458
Phantom Menace is the only one worth watching. Now I will wait for underage replies to tell me how their 3 hour videogame cutscene and Sheev cancer meme movie is superior.
>>
>>66972546
Ep 1 felt more or less like Star Wars, even with all the shitty dialogue.

After all the criticism I think Lucas created two elaborate fuck yous.

Clone is the absolute worse.
>>
>>66972546
>>66972809
what are you on about

III is by far the best episode of the PT
>>
>>66972458
Advancements in effects technology paved the way for future sci-fi/blockbuster movies

GOAT soundtrack
GOAT supporting actors
GOAT design
>>
>>66972860
Sith is terrible too.
It being 2dark4u doesn't excuse shitty plotlines and cartoon saber fights.
>>
>>66972458
Soundtrack is pretty great, better than TFA and on par, arguably, with the OT.
Some great casting, even if the performances weren't there.
Palpatines overall plan was decent (though every move and action undertaken to achieve or stop it was retarded)
Pushed visual effects forward and made people understand full CGI isn't necessarily a good thing.
Gave us the RLM reviews and the autistic rebuttals.
>>
>>66972860
>le III is best meme
The same faggots that think it's better than VI because muh dank memes and on-screen killz
>>
>>66972458
Sheev, easily
>>
>>66972879
None of those things were GOAT. The soundtrack was pretty good for the most part but that's it.
>>
File: Anakin Vs Obi-Wan.webm (2 MB, 1916x816) Image search: [Google]
Anakin Vs Obi-Wan.webm
2 MB, 1916x816
If you don't think Obi V Ani is the best duel in the entire series then you're actually retarded.
>>
>>66973002
Stop. I dont like agreeing with someone this much. Makes me uncomfortable
>>
>>66972809
There was no criticism before RLM came along more than a decade later.
>>
>>66973246
>Twenty minute long duel that loses all tension and actively attempts to make you lose interest
>The best
K
>>
>>66973312
There was criticism, RLM just made it into an easily digestible video.

There was very vocal hatred for everything Jar Jar, along with the stiff as fuck acting that made the actor who played Anakin as a kid a depressed mess.
>>
>>66973312

Way to show how underage you are.
>>
>>66973312
Do you actually believe this or are you trolling. Because you might be legit retarded either way
Or maybe just to young to reminder And have actually been taken in by the " prequels were good joke" but then i guess that just circles back to the whole retarded thing i guess
>>
>>66973448
>prequels were good joke
>joke
wew
>>
File: revell_ajs-schematics.jpg (132 KB, 800x528) Image search: [Google]
revell_ajs-schematics.jpg
132 KB, 800x528
Music, sound design, set design, ship/vehicle/robot design, some of the cinematography, and standout performances from a couple of actors.
>>
>>66973369
God why would they pick him. I mean you see the final interviews and both the other boys were better actors by far. Jake lloyd or his mom must have been one hell of a cocksucker i guess
>>
>>66973448
>joke

http://www.vice.com/read/camille-paglia-believes-that-revenge-of-the-sith-is-our-generations-greatest-work-of-art
>>
>>66973478
It was a joke. One played on the autists, who turned it into a meme, which was then picked up by underage cancer as truth apparently
>>
>>66972458
Nothing.
>>
>>66973502
No they weren't, you ep*c memer.
They were all stiff and awkward as fuck, but Lloyd was the most natural since he didn't seem like he was just reciting the lines like the others.
>>
>>66973519
An art critic and Professor of Humanities at the University of the Arts.
It's like he wanted to be useless twice.
>>
>>66973448
>joke

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-the-seven-star-wars-films-reveal-about-george-lucas
>The labyrinthine opening shot of “Revenge of the Sith”— of Anakin and Obi-Wan giving chase to Dooku through the space vehicles on the planet of Coruscant—is a mighty and audacious gauntlet-throw, the digital equivalent of the opening shot of Orson Welles’s “Touch of Evil.” It wheels and gyrates and zips and pivots with a vertiginous wonder that declares, from the beginning, that Lucas had big visual ideas and was about to realize them with a heroically inventive virtuosity. And the rest of the movie follows through on that self-dare.
>The scripted politics of the conflicts have a grand imagination to match. What Lucas brings to the script of “Clones” and Sith” is a quasi- (or pseudo-) Shakespearean backroom dialectic of power-maneuvering. The dialogue is just heightened and sententious enough, just sufficiently rhetorical, to convey the grave moment of ideas in conflict and the grand mortal results of that dialectical clash—the making of a villain and the unmaking of a republic.
>>
>>66973540
>implying there hasn't been a silent majority of people that have always loved the prequels
>implying we're not using the TFA backlash as a springboard to say what we really think
You're not very sharp. are you?
>>
/tv/ is the worst fucking board

WHY AM I HERE
>>
>>66973540
I always liked the prequels before /tv/ or memes existed.
The TFA backlash emporewed me and allowed me to speak my mind that the prequels are true kino.
>>
>>66973573
Watch it again. The others were much more relaced and natural in the role. Im not saying they were great but its like they actively picked the worse choice
>>
>>66973590
>If I had seen “Revenge of the Sith” in real time, in a theatre upon its release, in 2005, I think that, at the moment when Palpatine (Ian McDiarmid), sizzling in the blue lightning that Mace Windu (Samuel L. Jackson) reflects back at him, cries out to Anakin (Hayden Christensen), “Power! Unlimited Power!,” I would have leaped out of my seat yelling with excitement. The entire movie is filled with an absolute splendor of the pulp sublime, and that moment is its very apogee. Lucas reaches historic heights in the filming of action: the martial artistry of Anakin and Obi-Wan’s double duel versus Dooku, the gaping maw of outer space and of the airshaft into which the heroic duo drops, Obi-Wan’s light-sabre fight with the four-armed Grievous, and, above all, the apocalyptic inferno of the confrontation of Obi-Wan and Anakin (which, regrettably, cuts back to Yoda and Emperor, a much duller battle). I watched these sequences over and over—happily, with the sound off to get rid of the musical score—and was repeatedly and unflaggingly amazed by Lucas’s precise, dynamic, wildly imaginative direction.

holy kek this is gold
>>
>>66973519
>Camille Paglia

One of the spreaders of the militant feminist propaganda and probably believes and eats her own shit.

Please. I'm interested in hearing opinions from knowledgeable experts, not idiots who aren't even qualified to shine my shoes.
>>
>>66973679
>I would have leaped out of my seat yelling with excitement.
Are there people that do this? Who the fuck does this?
>>
>>66973924
>I'm interested in hearing opinions from knowledgeable experts
see >>66973590
>>
>>66972458
The music.
>>
File: 1444813809149.jpg (92 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
1444813809149.jpg
92 KB, 470x470
>constantly hear the prequels shit on over the years
>start to believe OT was superior and prequels were trash
>watch the 6 movies for the first time in years
>enjoyed the shit out of the prequels
>IV bored me to tears
>V bretty good
>VI mostly garbage
I blame RLM and oldfags. Prequel is the superior trilogy.
>>
>>66973979
unironically agree with this
>>
>>66973924
>knowledgeable experts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35ZKtndTe1g
>>
>>66973924
And you think an autistic man who plays a retard on a YT channel with less than half a million subs is qualified to solicit his unwarranted opinions on matters that he has no knowledge of?
>>
>>66973967
this

And the designs and world building.
>>
>>66972458
Everything
>>
>>66972458

Great Soundtrack
Pushed visual effects, plenty of miniatures used effectively
Lots of fluff, if you were a fan of the setting there was tons of information to sink into as well as expanding the scale of the universe to a grander scale. The lack of anything worth reading about is TFA's greatest weakness.
Prequels were pretty much the base for The Old Republic
Plenty of video games and expanded material to go off of.
Clone wars and The Clone Wars animated series came from this.
Ewan
>>
>>66973979
My completely honest ranking.

III>IV>IV>II>I>V>VII

I've never understood the V IS AMAZING opinion.
>>
File: shitposter.jpg (86 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
shitposter.jpg
86 KB, 500x329
>>66973979
>>66973998
>>
File: Special Prequels.jpg (431 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Special Prequels.jpg
431 KB, 1920x1080
Special Editions of the PT with updated CGI and added deleted scenes when?
>>
>>66973961
Right. The New Yorker. Why don't we reference a Joel Siegel movie review?

Most critics are as out of touch as the rest of the people in those ivory towers.

I can guarantee that in 20 or 30 years, people will realize that the opinions offered by these experts is utter bilge.

These are the same class of fools as those who said that butter was bad for you but margarine is good, that NAFTA will create a bunch of jobs, that Tchaikovsky was not a great composer, etc.

The depths of their ignorance know no bounds.
>>
>>66974067
I get you really like ANH but come on RotJ is not that bad.
>>
File: 1452836517566.jpg (79 KB, 490x585) Image search: [Google]
1452836517566.jpg
79 KB, 490x585
>>66973606
For the dank memes and to laugh at wannabe patricians and autists
>>
>>66974268
FUCK
Messed up my letters.

III>VI>IV>II>I>V>VII

brb going to kill myself
>>
>>66972458
The memes jack
>>
>>66974233
>"The New Yorker"
>caring about the site in which the essay was published and not the author
You're hopeless, m8

>Richard Brody is an American film critic who has written for The New Yorker since 1999. He attended Princeton University, receiving an A.B in Comparative Literature in 1980. He is the author of a biography of French New Wave film director Jean-Luc Godard and is writing a book about the New Wave. He first became interested in films after seeing Godard's Breathless in his freshman year at Princeton. Before becoming a film critic, he worked on documentaries and made several independent films.[1][2][3] In December 2014, he was made a Chevalier in the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres for his contributions in popularizing French cinema in America.[4]
But I'm sure le Plinkett is more credible, right?
>>
>>66974014

Quiet anon you're making sense.
>>
>>66974332
This would've been a 10/10 list, but III is way too high on there
>>
>>66974014
He isn't actually autistic. Number of subs does not effect the quality of the criticism. He does have knowledge in the matters he is talking about.
>>
>>66974130
Tfw, just as he ruined the originals with heavy editing and adding shit in, lucas can save the prequels
>>
>>66974532
Let's see your ranking.
>>
>>66972458
Everything.
>>
>>66974576

I really like how he had a bunch of 'random' people guess qui gon's character but then ultimately understand what the OT character's emotions was. This was such a great commentary just like when he complained about r2 d2 repairing a ship that has laser fire being deflected off it for five minutes.

Truly a master of criticism and not some play on emotion.
>>
>>66974576
>He does have knowledge in the matters he is talking about
Fucking how?
All he does is take the movies apart frame by frame complaining about things so fucking close to nothing they might as well have not been brought up!

>look at the way he's standing
>that's crazy nobody stands like that
>these movies suck
Oh yeah, heavily qualified.
>>
>>66972458
Originality. A word not found in the vocabulary of JJ Cuckbrams.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-hFh35U3go
>>
>>66973246
>no tension
>no emotion
>the best

Everyone knows that the best duel in the entire series is Luke vs Vader, from RotJ. Stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>66974945
>no emotion
Did you actually watch the fight?

>the best duel in the entire series is Luke vs Vader, from RotJ
That's not even the best duel in the OT.
>>
wow
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.