[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which version of Funny Games should I watch first? I hear they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: funnygames.jpg (61 KB, 400x593) Image search: [Google]
funnygames.jpg
61 KB, 400x593
Which version of Funny Games should I watch first? I hear they're essentially the same.
>>
US Remake. What it was supposed to be all along.
>>
It's not that funny, I don't recommend it.
>>
I think I'm the only person who prefers the original, and I'm American.
>>
The original is great but the remake involves Naomi Watts, and you can't beat that.
>>
>>66972712
Why didn't she become a bigger star than she was at her peak fame? Did she not want to?
>>
>>66972002
German one. The best.
>>
I prefer the US version but the original could arguably be funnier depending on your point of view
>>
>>66972751
she picked weird roles like Mulholland Drive that involved actual acting, instead of just starring in summer blockbusters.

She also probably didn't fuck a lot of producers.
>>
>>66972854

They turned that into a joke in Bojack.
>>
File: TG.jpg (87 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
TG.jpg
87 KB, 1000x667
>>66972854

She's patrician as fuck.
>>
>>66972964
did they? I only watched like half an episode of bojack. It's true though, she kept starring in Lynch movies, and nobody watches Lynch.
>>
File: rarepepe52.jpg (138 KB, 800x582) Image search: [Google]
rarepepe52.jpg
138 KB, 800x582
>He doesn't prefer the US Version
>>
>>66973029

Yeah, pic related.

The director ends up listening to a complete idiot who's just hanging around the set of the movie and gives her a more complex role, when all she wanted was to do a light comedy.

BH gets really good if you stick with it. Highly recommended.
>>
>>66972002
Can't help you. I've only seen the original, which I quite enjoyed.
>>
>>66973065
Yeah Michael Pitt or whatever his name was plays really well in the remake too.
>>
>>66972002
The only thing I like more about the original is its more gritty looking and I like the antagonist actors better
>>
>>66972002
the american actors creep me out more so that one
>>
is it even worth watching at all?
>>
>>66973243
it's really divisive.

Some niggas love it, some niggas like >>66973162 hate it
>>
>>66973243

How have you not seen Haneke films that came out a decade ago?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.