[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Have a suit which can complete multiple headshots within
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: Whiplash.jpg (296 KB, 1680x1127) Image search: [Google]
Whiplash.jpg
296 KB, 1680x1127
>Have a suit which can complete multiple headshots within a second
>WAHH HELP ME THIS KINKY GAY GUY IS WHIPPING ME
>>
>>66966842

always hated this scene, he's got no protection whatsoever and is at a super huge public event and not one gendarme or whatever takes a shot at him?
>>
>>66966912
It's capeshit, anon. They make these movies for retards.
>>
>>66966912
It's why Iron Man 2 is shit.
I want to see how this fuck would deflect bullets coming his way
>>
>>66966842
Forgot this existed
>>
>have most powerful energy source you can get
>make a whip
>>
>>66966842

There is literally no makeup or any other type of prosthetics on him.

That's exactly what Mickey Rourke looks like if he put on that whiplash suit.
>>
>>66966987

No, that's a shitty excuse since other superhero movies have shown cops at least try to fight the villains, hell hotel rent a cops open up on Blade, the fucking hero, in his movie.

Iron Man 2 is just shit, plain and simple.
>>
>>66967008
>>66966912
He didn't give a shit, he wanted to expose Tiny Stark at even the expense of his life.
>>
>>66966842
Tony is full on retard mode. He makes shit decisions all the time. First movie, he lets his obvious evil business partner run the company while he parties all the time. Reporter tries to warn him about it and he ends up just having sex with her instead. In the second movie he does stupid shit like going and racing a car for no reason. He keeps fighting the government about trying to get his tech and keeping tabs on him (only to side with them later in civil war). In the 3rd movie he gives a known terrorist the location to his home and antagonizes them.

Why is Tony such a manlet shit?
>>
>>66966842
Rourke looks like he has little babby hands here
>>
>>66966842
How did he know to wait for tony stark on the race? I was a totally impromptu decision by Tony to even go on it, was he just extremely lucky?
>>
i'm watching Iron Man 2 tonight, i only know Iron Man 1 and Avengers 2, what am i in for?
>>
>>66967170
Bird
>>
Iron Man 2 > > Iron Man 3
>>
>>66967123
They truly never learn
>>
>>66967146
He knew Stark would at least be there to watch his driver in the race. Attacking the race in general and Tony's car in particular would have had the same effect whether Tony was in the driver's seat or not.
>>
>>66967170
>>66967193
>"I VAANT MY BYYRD"
>>
>>66967170
A flawed movie with some great sequences, a rushed third act, and the best Scarlett Johannson has looked in any of these movies.
>>
How did he know Tony was going to be at the race? He not decided to drive at the last minute meanwhile he posed as a pit crew member to get close to him.
>>
>>66967123
>In the second movie he does stupid shit like going and racing a car for no reason

he was fucking dying so he thought

>ahh fuck it I'll drive the car
>>
>>66966912
Did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>66967194
Well that goes without saying
>>
>>66967170
>>66967170
sexy as scarlett and pepper

also starring
>donuts
>niggers
>>
>>66967170
Scarjo looking better than ever in her pencil skirts and hair up
>>
>>66966842
>"HOL UP FOR A SEC WHIP-MAN WHILE I TAKE A FEW TO PUT MY SUPER-SUIT ON! ENJOY THE SINISTER-SOUNDING BACKGROUND MUSIC UNTIL I GOOD TO GO!"
>>
Superhero flicks have begun to take themselves for granted, they've gotten lazy. The worst offender is the CW network and their superhero shows; these studios are just pulling whatever comic book nonsense they can out of the lore and shoving it on the bigscreen without any regard for how it would actually work out. It made sense when Iron Man fucked up an entire compound of armed terrorists, he was wearing armor. It made sense when batman beat up a bunch of gun-wielding criminals, he used stealth and human shields.

Now, they don't even try to make it look cool anymore. 10 guys run out with assault rifles and simply stare at the protagonist until he gets around to punching/kicking/disarming them. Armed thugs with open shots decide instead to charge forward into the CQC meatgrinder and miss their opportunity. And alas, assuming the thug actually manages to get the drop on our hero, he doesn't actually take the shot. He just stands there and tries to capture him, god fucking knows how since he's the last fucking one and he just watched our hero beat up 20 of his friends. No, he can't shoot our hero because the plot demands he behave in a retarded manner, shouting "FREEZE" or "DON'T MOVE," hesitating just long enough to be taken out in some fancy disarming trick or by a sidekick.
Seeing our hero beat up a bunch of thugs with guns is only cool if it's actually believable that they were putting in the necessary effort to kill the hero, but coordinators and choreographers aren't even trying anymore. They're simply taking the concept of a superhero for granted, being lazy, and refusing to put the necessary effort into making them actually SUPER.

What we get now is lazy rehashes of the same kung-fu nonsense, only instead of becoming cooler and more incredible, it's become even lazier and absolutely fails at suspending disbelief.
>>
>>66969199
what about the melee battle between police and banethugs
>>
File: respect.gif (500 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
respect.gif
500 KB, 500x275
>>66969199
>>
>>66969522
The Dark Knight Rises doesn't count. Those fights were wack.
>>
File: 14143314.png (194 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
14143314.png
194 KB, 563x542
>>66967123
>In the 3rd movie he gives a known terrorist the location to his home and antagonizes them.

>implying that wasn't Stark's ballsiest moment in the MCU
>>
>>66969199
>trying to analyze capeshit
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.