[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
Is this any good?
>>
>>66959863
Yeah. It's a nice looking movie and has a great creepy soundtrack.
>>
>>66959863
watch it and find out yourself
the answer is yes
>>
Pretty good bro, not as good as the circlejerk would usually have you believe though. Score is awesome.
>>
I once asked for recommendations and people were praising this one.

At its time, it was probably a fantastic horrifying movie showing things that people have never seen before. But since I'm a fan of the horror genre this was a huge let down for me, since my expectations were too high. It's so old and bad that it's quite funny to watch and laugh at. Like "so bad it's good". You can call it a classic and I bet people were shitting their pants back then.
>>
>>66960687
>But since I'm a fan of the horror genre this was a huge let down for me
>I'm a fan of the horror genre
tips

>It's so old and bad
>It's so old
>and bad
>it's quite funny to watch and laugh at
>Like "so bad it's good"

Try to be more a pleb next time
>>
Visually it is very impressive and very distinctive. The soundtrack is also very well made and the whole movie carries this fever dream feeling. It's not very interesting in character or plot but it's clear they took a backseat to things like the visuals.
>>
>>66959863
is dario argento bro
>>
>>66959863
its great dude
>>
>>66962209
no that great bro but a 6 or 7/10 at least it is which means interesting /good
>>
>>66962242
w e w l a d
>>
>>66959863
It's one of those films were the visuals is the only real driving force for the film. If you are into films like Beyond the Black Rainbow then you will love it. Otherwise I wouldn't recommend it at all.
>>
>>66962333
Funny you would say that considering BTBR is literal garbage, while Suspiria is a delicious film.
>>
First half of the movie is pure cinematic bliss.
>>
>>66962330
wtf is w e w l a a d

>>66962333
>>66962377

Rosso profondo is way better in visuals
>>
Aesthetically great
Everything else is okay
>>
How the fuck am i supposed to watch this? Headphones? Subtitles? The audio-mixing is ridiculous, the music is way to fucking loud.
>>
>>66959863
just wait for the incoming remake
>>
>>66962377
Both are "literal garbage"
>>
Inferno>/=Suspiria>>>>>>>>>>Mother>of>Tears
>>
>>66962454
t. special kind of plen, who can't deal with "too loud" music
>>
>>66959863
make sure to watch it alone and in the dark
>>
>>66962753
That one with Slater?
>>
>>66962771
:^|
>>
>>66962507
The remake will blow chunks.
>taking the setting from munich/freiburg to berlin (because thats the hip place)
There is also so much meta on dario argento, his hatred of women and the symbolism about the witches in suspiria that no remake will ever properly begin to understand.
>>
File: 1457773227726.png (31 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1457773227726.png
31 KB, 321x322
>>66962771
>>
>>66962883
>There is also so much meta on dario argento, his hatred of women and the symbolism about the witches in suspiria that no remake will ever properly begin to understand.

my sides
>>
>>66962771
No, the sequel with Lance Henriksen. It's the one about witches; the first one is about monsters.
>>
>>66962507
The one that got cancelled or a newer one? Please don't say newer one.
>>
>>66959863
The grill from Phantom of the Paradise is the star. That's pretty cool.

>>66962454
The music is supposed to be loud as fuck I think. Get the audio at a point where you can clearly hear the dialogue. That way the muzaks will be so loud that it's disorienting and unpleasant, just as big daddy d intended.
>>
>>66962946
>it's a "the studio will lose the rights to the movie and we must tack on the title onto any supernatural/thriller movie we have to keep those rights" episode
>>
>>66962999
>its only art if it tortures the audience

I got neighbors you know?
>>
>>66963097
Well then you should have watched it in theaters. It's not Dario Argento's fault you don't have a good viewing space set up.
>>
>>66961914
>implying La Terza Madre isn't absolute garbage
>>
>>66963097
No headphones? WTF?
>>
Is there any particular version to watch or just watch it however I can?
>>
>>66963061
Fuck that gay shit.

>>66963097
Watch Tenebre. Actress screams her lungs out at max volume in the finale. Neighbours will love it.

>>66963342
The version Umbrella released on dvd 10 years or so ago is the full uncut version. Always watch the fullest version you can find of Argento as all his movies were edited into various forms in different countries. The US theatrical release of Phenomena is missing something like 20-25 minutes from the uncut.
>>
>>66962418
profondo rosso*
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.