[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Great Minds with Dan Harmon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4
File: GreatMindswithDanHarmon.jpg (222 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
GreatMindswithDanHarmon.jpg
222 KB, 1500x844
Did anyone watch this? I think it's on the History Channel but it looks to be made for youtube...? I dunno.
>>
>>66959741
>I think it's on the History Channel

what gave you that idea?
>>
File: grant_g_harmon1x_64011.jpg (36 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
grant_g_harmon1x_64011.jpg
36 KB, 640x360
I heard he drugged and raped that girl repeatedly until he divorced her
might be true right?
>>
>>66960303
I meant until she divorced him
I don't know pronouns and stuff
>>
>>66959741
Who?
>>
>>66960595
One of the creators of Reddit Morty
>>
>>66960616
It's more like 4chan Morty desu senpai. Rick is more obnoxious, erratic anarchist than annoying fedora tipper.
>>
>>66959741
It's ok. Kind of cringey at times, but its a good way to waste 10 minutes.

>>66960303
Nah I'm pretty sure she cheated on him. I could be wrong though
>>
Spencer is a woefully unfunny person who cannot act to save his life. I wish he would stop being involved with any Harmon project. The rest is great though.
>>
>>66960825
>she cheated on him.
And you're telling me he wasn't into it?
>>
>>66960869
He would have been fine if he was able to watch or she at least told him when she was going to fuck another guy. Instead she snuck around and eventually dropped it on him when she told him she was leaving him.
>>
>>66959741
they put some of the clips on youtube but not most of it. Great Minds is just a segment on a larger show I believe
>>
>>66960942
I used to listen to his podcast. She fucked his friend Jeff right? The sexy guy? These two had an obvious adversarial chemistry.
>>
>>66960864
I agree. His whole shtick is that he was just some regular dude who became Harmontown's dungeonmaster and ended up being a good straight man to the ridiculous shit that everyone else got up to, but he's really not great at being a straight man in an acting sense. He's too deadpan, which works on the podcast because everyone else is incredibly over the top, but in something where there's other people playing characters he's way to flat.
>>
File: Anthony_and_Rachel.jpg (434 KB, 2048x1149) Image search: [Google]
Anthony_and_Rachel.jpg
434 KB, 2048x1149
>>66960990
I thought he was fine in that one episode of community when he played Brie Larson's brother or something.
>>
File: 1448111342774.jpg (41 KB, 396x382) Image search: [Google]
1448111342774.jpg
41 KB, 396x382
>>66960750
>>
>>66960984
She fucked the podcast's producer or something. Dustin Marshall. Just look at their twitter accounts. I don't know if they're still close but 6-12 months ago it was painfully obvious they were fucking.
>>
>>66961091
I'm still right. Justin Roiland is a 4chan guy not a reddit guy. Harmon is too deeply weird and off-putting for reddit. Thus the show's writing and the show's ethos are closer to 4chan.
>>
>>66961209
Harmon and reddit are both massive SJWs.
>>
>>66961187
Let me guess. He's black.
>>
>>66961264
Harmon seethes with resentment though. He's obsessed with race, he's admitted to hating women. He's just self-critical and thirsty for acceptance from millenials.
>>
>>66961273
Pretty sure he's white, maybe a pale latino or something.

>>66961209
>Harmon is too deeply weird and off-putting for reddit
This is actually very accurate. IIRC he used to frequent the community subreddit and got into a bunch of arguments with people before he realized it was unhealthy.

>>66961303
>Harmon seethes with resentment though. He's obsessed with race, he's admitted to hating women. He's just self-critical and thirsty for acceptance from millenials.
I think his issue is that he got popular through Community due to it's "rawness" for lack of a better word, but he's never really moved past that into actually trying to refine anything he says/does. There's a good example in an episode of harmontown where he reads from a diary he wrote when he was a teenager that's basically a post from /r9k/ and he literally says that he can't see any real difference in behavior.
>>
>>66961264
https://www.instagram.com/p/BAIj1AQQQi-/?taken-by=normalheller
is this the behavior of a fanatical SJW?
>>
>>66961492
http://www.harmontown.com/2012/11/episode-18-sand-pollution-the-journals-of-young-morrisey/
This is the podcast if anyone gives a shit.
>>
>>66961586
That's one of the best episodes. That one and Us of the Dangling Wee-Wee with everyone's father stories.

>>66961264
>>66960616
What is reddit or Social Justice Warrior-like about Rick & Morty? Serious question.
>>
>>66961058
He was given a part so easy a retard could do it. And he was still subpar.
>>
I'm going to defend Harmon as a really really unhealthy guy. He's not Reddit at all. I listen to a few of his podcasts and he is not just a nerdy weirdo, he is r9k unpleasantly strange
>>
>>66961303
>He's obsessed with race
>having ensemble casts of mostly non-white characters all trying to prove how totally not racist they are
yeah bro, totally one of us

Also
>defending your reddit taste this persistently and with vigorous butthurt

there's no shame in admitting you like reddit, half the people here do
>>
>>66961623
My favorites have always been the one where Jeff talks about being psychic and the one where they talk about dream interpretation. Though any episode with Schrab is always fantastic because of the banter.

>>66961695
>He's not Reddit at all
I agree with this a little. I don't think he's reddit, but he certainly comes off like it due to his weird earnestness.
>>
>>66961724
Yeah, I like Harmon the most when he is in a really bad place.
>>
>>66961715
If being "one of us" means being a stormfag then no. But there's thankfully a middle ground between SJW and stormfront.

Also, I do like reddit and I'm not ashamed of it. I think the fake rivalry is childish and boring. But I can recognize a set of values and memes as reddit-like and I don't see them at all in either Harmon or his shows.
>>
>>66961759
>I like Harmon the most when he is in a really bad place.
Me too, even though it seems kind of cruel to say it. Community was always at it's best when it was going into why everyone was fucked up and there's similar shades of the in Rick and Morty (Fist Full of Paintballs, Remedial Chaos Theory, Season 2 finale of RaM).
>>
>>66961818
>If being "one of us" means being a stormfag then no
>>66961303
>He's obsessed with race, he's admitted to hating women

Make up your mind.
>>
> I think it's on the History Channel but it looks to be made for youtube

Like literally everything on History these days
>>
>>66961910
Harmon hates women which is why he likes seeing them fucked by animals (non whites)

It's why his wife left him since she wouldn't fuck niggers in front of him
>>
>>66961910
>He's obsessed with race
Not from a racist perspective though, he's just interested in the tribalism and shit surrounding racial politics. He brings it up all the time on Harmontown

>admitted to hating women
Same thing. He sees it as a character flaw rather than an actual held/supported belief.
>>
>>66961958
>Harmon hates women which is why he likes seeing them fucked by animals (non whites)
>not a stormfag
do you even read your own posts?
>>
>>66962005
He sees it as a character flaw because he knows it people don't like the opinion. He says that he is too old to change it properly.

His race talk always makes people uncomfortable. He does not come at it from a reddit perspective.
>>
Since we're talking about race (when are we not) there's a running gag in Great Minds about diversity and SJWs https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=YJa6TIHAgDY

also I'm pretty sure he calls Thomas Eddison nigga at one point?
>>
>>66962008
Those are Harmon's views not my own
>>
>>66962043
>He sees it as a character flaw because he knows it people don't like the opinion.
That's wishful thinking of the highest order

>He does not come at it from a reddit perspective.
Reddit doesn't come at race from a reddit perspective.

>>66962093
>he calls Thomas Eddison nigga at one point?
He tells him to "get his black ass in here" after Edison does a freestyle about fucking Tesla's mum, but that's some pretty tame racial humour.

>>66962264
>Those are Harmon's views not my own
Source please
>>
>>66962264
>reading comprehension
>>
>>66959741
Dan Harmon has a tiny penis.
>>
>>66962897
What's up Justin?
>>
>>66963341
My dick in your wife.

My dick is up in your wife.
>>
>>66963463
where is that from?
>>
>>66963514
I just wrote it
>>
>>66963608
you have a real talent here
don't let it go to waste
>>
>>66963666
*Appears below your post*
Thanks... To die.
*Stabs you and flips away*
>>
>>66959741

so Dan went on Drunk History and then just stole the idea?
>>
>>66960750

rick n morty is just memes and forced feels. it's a shame because the first few episodes were great
>>
>>66963890
It's actually based on the Dead authors podcast. Literally the same premise
>>
>>66963935
it's not new though since Victor Hugo already did it in the 19h with spiritism
he summoned the ghosts of great historical figures and then wrote dialogues with them
>>
>>66964144
He did a show where comedians improvise poorly researched versions of historical figures with a focus on comedy and entertainment, rahter than educational value?

I'm talking about as a show. It's a relatively popular improv show in LA.
>>
>>66964226
yeah it's pretty close but harmon's show is not improv and he plays himself, not H.G.Wells

maybe it is plagiarism, you'd have to ask Paul F. Tompkins
>>
>>66964261
dropped a tweet.
>>
>>66964937
and?
>>
>>66966427
Nothing
>>
>>66967402
what?
>>
> Poo in my pee.
Best metaphor for 4chan in some time.
>>
everything dan harmon touches is reddit garbage and every single one of you should be ashamed for knowing what the fuck this shit even is
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.