[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why weren't all or most of the crew androids? Ash seemed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
Why weren't all or most of the crew androids? Ash seemed to be doing just fine.

Also was Lambert raped by the alien?
>>
>>66957224
This is more deductive reasoning and not proof but I think the androids were still a relatively new thing and we're probably extremely expensive. They also had issues in the past with them malfunctioning ans most likely couldn't trust them to run a mission or make up the majority of the crew. They was probably also some sort of experimenting and data collecting of how well robots lived with humans.
>>
weyland didn't want to buy more advanced models from tyrell corp
>>
>>66957321
The androids were unpredictable, ash loses his shit and tries to rape/kill Ripley because he was originally programmed to help humans. Whoever planted him on the nostromo overode that with new programming basically telling him that they didn't matter. It's kind of like why hal in 2001 became murderous, computers/and androids can't be trusted to handle conflicting programming. A crew full of androids would make sense but really no one knew what they would find, sending a crew of them or even marines to investigate would be costly.
>>
>>66957224
It was implied rape, but that scene should have been left out. It isn't even lamberts feet, the tail scene was originally shot for bretts death.
>>
Where does anyone get raped in Alien?
>>
>>66958508
The lambert death scene. Alien slides it's tail between her legs, camera cuts away and you hear heavy breathing/screaming so there's no way of knowing what happened.
>>
>>66958589
Oh, I thought OP asked if Ash raped her.
>>
File: alien-isolation-en-oferta.jpg (157 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
alien-isolation-en-oferta.jpg
157 KB, 1920x1080
>>66957224
You are becoming hysterical.
>>
>>66957321
>androids were still a relatively new thing
Prometheus
>>
Watched Alien and Aliens for the first time the last couple of days. Should I watch Alien3 and Resurrection as well, or can I skip them?
>>
>>66958700

Tbh famalam I find Alien 3 to be more enjoyable than Aliens
>>
>>66958643
those fuckers were scary as hell

https://youtu.be/yS75s8iCiNk
>>
>>66958666
Yes, that movie definitely existed in 1979 and should be taken into consideration when discussing another film's self contained story.
>>
>>66958700
Watch 3. resurrection does not exist to us alien-heads
>>
>>66958700
you should. Alien3 is interesting and half a good movie

Resurrection is weird as fuck, but kinda cool.

Every movie is different and has little to do with the others, so if you feel like watching then just do it.

>>66958728
that's like the most pretentious thing ever said. 3 is boring as a movie and interesting as a story about Fincher fighting against the studio, but there is no way in hell that it can be more enjoyable than one of the most enjoyable movies ever made.
>>
>>66958786
you mad

>>66958858
>Every movie is different and has little to do with the others, so if you feel like watching then just do it.

Of course, that doesn't apply to vs predator
>>
>>66958779
With Seegson, there is somebody standing behind you, every single step of the way.
>>
>>66958880
>you mad
I have a point, you're posting memes. Step up.
>>
>>66958643
Alien: Isolation?
More like Alien: Colonial Electrician.
>>
>>66958858
>every movie is different

I agree with this being a strength of the original 4 films. I didn't like 3 & 4 as much but all 4 films had a unique style and a unique alien.

Then with AvP they fucked it up completely
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.