[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how long was he stuck in a time loop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Groundhog-Day[1].jpg (256 KB, 1920x824) Image search: [Google]
Groundhog-Day[1].jpg
256 KB, 1920x824
So how long was he stuck in a time loop?
>>
>>66955256
1008 years
>>
http://www.cracked.com/article_20405_6-mind-blowing-pop-culture-questions-answered-by-super-fans_p2.html

>hurr cracked
Just read it.
>>
Not long at all actually. It's been theorized he was only in the loop for roughly 20-30 days.
>>
About 90 mins
>>
About tree fiddy
>>
>>66955275
You can't master the piano and italian in 20-30 days. The guy was stuck in there decades.
>>
>>66955256
According to the original draft of the film, he was supposed to be stuck in the loop for 10,000 years.

Later on, the director said that it was actually more like 10 years and he later retracted that to say it was probably about 30-40 years.
>>
Fun fact: Eva pilots don't age and Shinji was stuck on post-apocalypse earth alone years upon years before Asuka showed up. It's why he was nanners.
>>
>catched
>>
>>66955271

>The movie's director, Harold Ramis, actually commented on this theory, saying the estimate seemed too short and declaring that people like Gnards have "way too much time on their hands."
>>
>Estimates regarding how long Phil is trapped in the time loop vary widely. Director Ramis stated in the DVD commentary that he believed 10 years pass. However, in an e-mail response sent to Heeb magazine, Ramis wrote, "I think the 10-year estimate is too short. It takes at least 10 years to get good at anything, and allotting for the down time and misguided years he spent, it had to be more like 30 or 40 years."[4]

>According to actor Stephen Tobolowsky, Ramis told him that the entire progress of Groundhog Day covered 10,000 years. "I always thought that there were nine days represented [in the film], and Danny Rubin, the writer, said that he felt something like 23 days were represented in the movie, [but they lasted] over 10,000 years."[5]

>In 2014, the website WhatCulture estimated that Phil spent 12,395 days—just under 34 years—in the time loop.
>>
>>66956036
nah. "eva pilots don't age" came much later. Originally he was naners because not only had he been omnipotent moments earlier, he basically learned exactly why he was such a shit, and willingly remade himself to be the biggest shit he could be.
>>
>>66955271
Interesting, but yeah it's too short because of how much time Phil wastes being stubborn and refusing to improve himself plus all the failed attempts to do anything.
>>
Do you think at some point due to desperation he raped/killed everyone?
>>
>>66955256
1 day.
>>
>>66956955
obviously

>>66956999
this
>>
Not long at all actually. It's been theorized he was only in the loop for roughly 20-30 days.
>>
>>66955271
I'll read it out of the google cache because you're a faggot.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.