[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So since 10CL is basically a quasi-sequel/second installment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: cloverfield-slice-600x200.jpg (29 KB, 600x200) Image search: [Google]
cloverfield-slice-600x200.jpg
29 KB, 600x200
So since 10CL is basically a quasi-sequel/second installment of an anthology, what would you like to see from a third "Cloverfield" movie? Personally I'd enjoy a 30's noir prequel similar to Call of Cthulu. Maybe a P.I is investigating a supernatural cult that worships ancient creatures ("Oh the aliens from 10CL visited us long before and are responsible for the cloverfield monster!"). Maybe the cult forms Tagruato as a way to fund all of its weird cult shit? Eh, these are just my ramblings. It'd be a nice way to tie everything together.
>>
>>66952801
I definitely want Tagruato to be the primary source of all the supernatural shit going down.

Director said they're on different timelines though.

Also, I'm trying to think of another massive-scale supernatural/sci-fi catastrophe.
>>
>>66952936
What does he mean by different timelines? Shouldnt be no different than an alternate earth,no?
>>
>>66952936
Didn't the Goodman's character worked for Slusho?

I haven't watched the shit yet but don't kill my hopes, anon

THEY ARE IN THE SAME UNIVERSE, YEAH, IT'S CONFIRMED
>>
>>66953232
Goodman worked for Bold Futura, which is a really fun little font, as well as a Tagruato company that works on satellites. Tagruato owns Slusho as well.
>>
>>66953546
SO IT'S IN THE SAME UNIVERSE, RIGHT?

PLEASE BE CONFIRMED
>>
>>66953695
It's loose as fuck, but they've mentioned a "Cloververse" in interviews, so yes.
>>
The next installment should be eldritch abomination sci fi. Think hell raiser, event horizon, prince of darkness, evangelion
>>
A movie that isn't ruined by a tacked on shitty ending that has no relevance to the rest of the story and feels out if place because the entire plot has already wrapped itself up.
I'm talking about 10CL btw
>>
>>66952801
>Personally I'd enjoy a 30's noir prequel similar to Call of Cthulu. Maybe a P.I is investigating a supernatural cult that worships ancient creatures ("Oh the aliens from 10CL visited us long before and are responsible for the cloverfield monster!").
This is the most reddit idea I've ever seen. I mean that legitimately.
>>
>>66953695
They literally said that before the movie came out you fucking mong. Stop typing like a retard. You see a slusho sign at a gas station. It's not substantially related but there are little tie ins. Thank god its not the same thing though, the first cloverfield was a horrible mess.
>>
>>66952801
>Maybe a P.I is investigating a supernatural cult that worships ancient creatures

I remember a comic book prequel to Cloverfield that involved a cult that worshiped the monster. You might want to check that out, Anon.
>>
>>66953761
100% down with sci-fi/supernaturalist shit
>>
>>66952985
They are in the same universe but alternate timelines. So in the timeline of 10CL there is still a giant monster under the sea but in this timeline the ChimpanzIII satellite never fell so the monster was never awakened and attacked NYC. So that also means that the creatures in this film are somewhere else in the universe during the first Cloverfield.
>>
Did you guys pick up on all the references to valve games?
Like portal, half life, and left 4 dead?
>>
>>66954519
>Mercy Hospital
>Alien Ships looked like the Combine
That's about it really
>>
>>66954552
Also
>mi CHELL e
>her tank that was reminiscent of checks getup from portal 2
>bunker underneath farmland
>fucking synth dropships
>>
>>66954642
Chell's *
>>
>>66954519
?
>>
>>66954676
See
>>66954552
>>66954642
>>
>>66954552
>an incredibly common hospital name
>not really true
>>66954642
>I can't put enough emphasis on the word stretching
>more stretching than a taffy factory
>more stretvhing than a yoga class in a taffy factory
>something thats in every movie
Autism
>>
>>66955010
Alao half of that was in the script before jj added ayyliums.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.