[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched this movie. Could someone tell me why Whitey felt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
File: I7BhJ1_TamOx.jpg (2 MB, 2500x3704) Image search: [Google]
I7BhJ1_TamOx.jpg
2 MB, 2500x3704
Just watched this movie.

Could someone tell me why Whitey felt the need to kill the hooker?
>>
>>66949448
she knew too much phamalama
>>
>>66949448
because he's a degenerate mobster and murderer
>>
Can people still take Johnny Depp seriously as an actor? I haven't seen this but I feel like I would be distracted the whole time because it's Johnny Depp with corny SNL hair and makeup
>>
>>66949448
what a freaking letdown
>>
>>66949622

Nope. I found him really distracting and over-the-top just like you said. he was like a cartoon gangster. It's no Donnie Brasco
>>
so there's no reason then?

the best i could think of is that Whitey thought there *might* be a chance she said something she shouldn't have, but i never heard anything from their conversation that made me think that should did say anything.
>>
>>66949448
Because she talked to the police. She told them where his gang hung out, and even though Whitey knew that the police already knew that, she didn't know that they already knew. Which means if she was stupid enough to let that slip, she was stupid enough to let virtually anything slip.
>>
>>66949448
>>66949759
she talked to the cops and was the step daughter/lover of one of his top associates
mobsters don't take chances, even very slim ones. She could have slipped something small and it could lead to him getting arrested so she had to go
have you scene any mob movie ever?
>>
>>66949779

fair enough, thanks.

i swear, i'm too autistic for these types of movies.
>>
>>66949779
Then what's the point of killing her if Whitey got caught several years later
>>
>>66949622
You can't really tell its him at times. Movie should have been longer and better directed to have drawn you in and watched Bulger for longer.
>>
>>66949895
whitey didn't have a crystal ball at the time
>>
>>66949895
He didn't get caught until 2011 fuckstick.
>>
>>66949833

i've only seen the departed, so not too many really.

i would have thought tho, that her disappearing would make him more suspect, than just leaving her be.
>>
reminder that the movie is based on the book about Bulger, it's not exactly 100% how shit happened
>>
>>66949923
Thanks for reminding me, gotta invest into those.
>>66949928
And murdering the hooker just added what, another 10years on his time?
>>
>>66949448
Murder ---> Mob movie
Money ---> Movie goers
>>
>>66949932
she was a nameless hooker in the projects of Boston. look up serial killer stats and see how much the public gives a shit
>>
>>66950015

she was nameless sure, but it was clear to the authorities that she had a connection to Whitey through her stepdad. i wouldn't imagine it would be hard for the police to figure out who might have killed her, if someone, let's say her real dad, filed a missing person report.
>>
>>66949448
Terrible movie. Read up on the true story it's pretty interesting.

They should have played it out as a ten episode miniseries.
>>
>>66949448

Because she was bringing home nigras to fuck. Seriously.
>>
>>66950098
>her real dad
kek not likely
>>
>>66950098
her stepdad was his righthand man and he himself was also an FBI informant even way before he hooked up with whitey or so some say, also there was roumers that him and whitey were pedofiles who liked both young boys and girls
>>
>>66950098
figuring who killed her is a lot easier than proving it. she had a record of drugs and prostitution, all they had to do was say they hadn't seen her in weeks and she probably ran away again. Meanwhile shes buried out in some marsh. And that's even if the cops want to waste time on a teenage prostitute and the BPD and even feds had some dirty cops to help whitey
>>
im not very knowledgeable about accents of boston but cumberbatch voice sound very fucking weird, did he do a good job with the accent or boston accent in general is just garbage?
>>
>>66950453

makes sense then, thanks anon.
>>
>>66949448
She talked too much, knew some things and didn't know when to shut up.
>>
>>66949448

because she didnt just take the fucking money

TAKE THE FUCKIN MUNEEE
TAKE THE FUKIN MUNEEE
TAKE THE FUKIN MUNEEEE

TAKE THE FUKIN MUNEEE
>>
>>66949448
thats straight out of history. She knew too much and was a risk to flip.

If you want to learn more about Whitey, Keven 2 weeks wrote a pretty good book after his sentence was over.
>>
>>66950252
>roumers that him and whitey were pedofiles who liked both young boys and girls

The only place I've ever heard that is from Howie Carr, a Boston "journalist"/talk radio pundit who also wrote a book about him and his brother called "the brothers bulger"
>>
>>66952268

Reminder 2weeks once plotted to blow up Howie with a bomb hidden in a bag of Kelly's roast beef. He thought he would throw it on Howie's porch and Carr would run out to eat it and blow up.
>>
I'm watching it right now. Depp is awesome in it so far, just his contacts are goofy as fuck.
>>
>>66952357
something like that. According to the rumors Kevin was going to light him up outside his home, but just like in "scarface" he had his kids with him so he backed off.

Thats the story anyways.
>>
>>66949448
>b..bb.but muh johnny depp
this movie was a fucking snooze fest
>>
Whitey Bulger is the biggest meme criminal. Sick of hearing about this cuck all the time.

Living in MA is suffering.
>>
>>66952671
he was the FBIs #1 most wanted for 15 years only to be outdone by Bin Laden.
>Living in MA is suffering.
Then go move to CT with the rest of the faggots
>>
>>66950098
nigger don't slander the name of whitey or rifleman steve like that again
>>
>>66952948
>>66950098

meant for this faggot scum >>66950252
>>
>>66949900
>You can't really tell its him at times
This describes it pretty well. At times he looks like himself, and at other times he looks like a completely different person. I think it had something to do with how the light was hitting his eyes and hair (icy blue eyes and blonde hair). It was distracting and took away from the movie, which was already lacking in originality, though it is based off true events so it wasn't really mean to be original.

I would suggest people skip this one unless your really desperate for some violent gangster stuff with stereotypical Boston accents and you have watched the Departed too many times.
>>
>>66952436

They were all a bunch of fucking dickheads really.

>>66952671

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/whitey-bulger-caught-masturbating-florida-jail-cell-article-1.2544190
>>
>>66953547
This movie did the story a grave injustice, because they didn't want to touch on anything they could get slander-sued for.

Whitey used his FBI contacts to run the italian mob out of Boston, his brother was a State Senator who no doubt shielded his operation from local law enforcement, and he had too many crooked local cops on his payroll.

It's one of those cases were truth is stranger than fiction, but the filmmakers didnt have the balls to go there so they based the story off of established court testimony.

Whitey was a modern day mic version of Al Capone.
>>
>>66949448

This shit was such a disappointment. So fucking boring.
>>
>>66949448
johnny depp has the greatest ass in this movie
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.