[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does it ever bug you guys that there are never two characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: innocence-of-muslims-2012.jpg (35 KB, 670x377) Image search: [Google]
innocence-of-muslims-2012.jpg
35 KB, 670x377
Does it ever bug you guys that there are never two characters with the same name in movies and shows? Especially characters with common names, like John.

You're telling me that out of the whole Godfather series, there was only one Vinny? In the entire Star Wars galaxy, there exists only one Luke? I meet people with my name all the time

Immersion ruined
>>
>>66947797
Shut up, dummy.
>>
>>66947870
"No relation." Lol

Ok so there exists one example in film of this extremely common everyday occurance
>>
File: The-Bobs-Office-Space.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
The-Bobs-Office-Space.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>66947929
Eat shit fag
>>
>>66947797
>>66947929
>>
>>66947797
You should read 100 Years of Solitude, anon. 21 characters named Aureliano (iirc). A whole bunch named Arcadio, and many, many more overlapping names.
>>
File: ed.jpg (205 KB, 1264x711) Image search: [Google]
ed.jpg
205 KB, 1264x711
OP on suicide watch
>>
>>66948370
What is that?

Also, Costanza and Steinbrunner
>>
>>66948477

Bob Newhart show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN6UAzYY8qg
>>
Sopranos
>>
>take theater and improv classes
>learn very early on not to give two characters the same name
>better yet, give them different letters of the alphabet (e.g. Aaron and Brian)

It's just common sense, OP.
>>
Had op ever been more BTFO? also on Scrubs there were two JDs. One was a tard
>>
OP, you suck!
>>
File: the-sopranos-steve-buscemi.png (491 KB, 642x428) Image search: [Google]
the-sopranos-steve-buscemi.png
491 KB, 642x428
Ayyy senpai
>>
There's Robert Shapiro and Robert Kardashian on American Crime Story, and I think there's one more Robert somewhere in there too.
>>
Imagine reading a script with two of the same names. Even if you invent last names for them, it's unnecessarily complicated.

This isn't fourth grade where you were Matt S. because there was a Matt F. We generally meet a very small amount of characters by name in every movie/show.
>>
How about this: why doesnt R2D2 ever meet another R2D2?
>>
>>66950077

the bigger question is my they give so much shit for the same droids for hundred years
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.