[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets talk about Star Wars Which do you prefer, the current Extended
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 1454165524177.jpg (314 KB, 1044x1500) Image search: [Google]
1454165524177.jpg
314 KB, 1044x1500
Lets talk about Star Wars

Which do you prefer, the current Extended Canon, or the old Legends EU?
>>
Fuck, I hoped you had been permabanned for making a general for this shit.
>>
>>66944533
old EU is way better , not even the worst old EU book is half as bad as aftermath
>>
>>66944615
>Aftermath

That piece of shit really put a bad name on the new EU. Nobody takes the continuity seriously because of it and yet disney still greenlit 2 more books for the author and is letting him write the official episode 7 comic adaptation
>>
>>66944533
Legends was usually amusingly bad and occasionally was decent. Current EU is boring and bad.
>>
>>66944533
Lets be honest here ffs, Legends EU was fuck fest. For every good book there was 10 shit books.
>>
>>66944592
This. Fucking go to /co/ where this shit is encouraged.
>>
Old EU had Kotor and Thrawn.
>>
>>66944884
It stands in stark contrast to everything being shit right now.
>>
>>66944684
Thats because disney doesnt give a fuck about the franchise or the EU they just want those sheckels
, >>66944884
that is bullshit its true there are many bad books but that ratio is ridiculous the real problem with the old EU is that is long as fuck and not everything is at the same level as heir to the empire but there are not that many bad books (except with anything with the name Karen travis on the cover) , you really need to care about the franchise if you are going to read 50+ books , but once you start you are not going to stop for a while
>>
>>66944533
the ONE AND ORIGINAL LUCAS-APPROVED "Legends" Expanded Universe, of course
>>
>>66945026
>Lucas approved

Lucas never gave a shit about the eu except for maybe the clone wars show
>>
kotor is literally only redeeming part of its logo
>>
>>66944533
New canon is better, but this might not last, it's becoming increasingly retarded, though it's still probably going to take it a good few years before it reaches EU levels of retardation.
>>
>the new canon has both the best and worst star wars books ever written

ironic
>>
>>66945254
>best
which book would you consider the "best"?
>>
>>66945368
This coming from someone who reads a lot
>>
is Kenobi new canon?
>>
File: Lost_Stars.png (741 KB, 678x1024) Image search: [Google]
Lost_Stars.png
741 KB, 678x1024
>>66945443
forgot image
>>
>>66945453
The book? No
>>
>>66945056
>Lucas never gave a shit about the eu
No he didn't, but he was in charge of what was allowed and what wasn't. Trying it keep it somewhat consistent etc. Sometimes even overwriting existing EU.

Clone Wars 2008 is canon and Lucas was directly involved in it all the way to the end of its run

unless you mean the 2003 show, which is now EU
>>
File: 758654._UY475_SS475_.jpg (40 KB, 475x475) Image search: [Google]
758654._UY475_SS475_.jpg
40 KB, 475x475
>>66945478
>>66945443
nigga please
>>
>>66944533
Old legends had the very best and the very worst of SW, the current canon is just boring.
>>
>>66945721
That was the biggest issue of the EU. So much overlapping of what was and wasnt canon.

I'm glad we now have the storygroup to keep everything consistent
>>
>>66944533
>the current Extended Canon, or the old Legends EU?
Both are abhorrent shit.

I'm just glad the movies will never acknowledge new canon and that I can safely ignore it and its bullshit.
>>
>>66945788
It might be more consistent, but I'm not sure about the quality of the stories.

Rebels already turned me off so I think I'll just pretend I'm a Lucas-purist. That way I won't have to remember or care what happens in the new continuity. I've already practically formed a head-canon where Clone Wars 2008 and 2003 co-exist
>>
>>66945816
>implying

Episode 7 had Hondos flag in it and that was coming from a director that ONLY liked the original trilogy.

Just you wait until we get an anthology movie or something directed by someone who is actually interested in the extended canon. I wouldn't be suprised if even Dave Filoni was put in charge of one of the movies.
>>
>>66946009
Keep dreaming. Irrelevant and obscure references is all you can hope for. There will never be a Rebels movie, and no Rebel characters will every appear in a Star Wars movie.

Fuck you and your kiddy cartoon, filthy /co/scum.
>>
>>66946102
You sound nervous about something anon.

Are you afraid that I might be right?
>>
>>66946267
Not in the slightest. Wish I could find one of you in real life to make a bet and score easy money/bragging rights.
>>
>>66946002
Rebels is alright as long as you don't expect too much from it. Its a kids show. No more, no less.

TCW had lucas working on it, so it was held to higher standards. I don't think Rebels deserves to be rated compared to tcw
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.