[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this the ONLY good marvel capeshit? Everything else is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
Why is this the ONLY good marvel capeshit?
Everything else is stinky shit
>>
>>66942950
Ant man was better. This movie aged like milk
>>
File: Blade.jpg (272 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Blade.jpg
272 KB, 1000x1500
>>66942950
>implying
>>
>>66942950

Winter Soldier remains the best to this day, OP.
>>
>>66942950
1 . Winter Soldier
2. Iron Man
3. GOTG

the rest are shit
>>
The second half was shit though
>>
>>66942950
Nah, TWS was good too.
>>
Winter Soldier was the best Marvel movie, enough so that I believe it to be a complete fluke.
>>
1. Winter Soldier
2. Iron Man
3. Ant-Man
4. Guardians of the Memes
5. Captain America 1

The rest you can throw in the trash.
>>
If you watch a ton of capeshit and then go back to Iron Man 1 it feels refreshingly restrained and modest.

It's fucking weird.
>>
IM3 was better
>>
>>66942950
Iron Man 1, Winter Soldier and GOTG are the only good Marvel universe movies. Spider-Man 2 and X-Men First Class qualify if we're going outside of the inter-connected bullshit.
>>
>>66943145
Iron Man 3 is the worst Marvel movie.

Yes, even worse than the Thor movies.
>>
Spider-man 1, and 2 are still my favourites
>>
I got cucked by this movie.
>>
>>66943169
Nice meme.
>>
>>66942950
OFFICIAL TIER TANKINGS

Good cape kino:
Spiderman
Spiderman 2
X men

Garbage for drooling retards:
Everything else
>>
>>66943153
I enjoyed Days of Future Past as well.
>>
>>66943169
>Iron Man 3 is the worst Marvel movie.

The only thing bad about Iron Man 3 is the ending were it needs to go full capeshit just because.

IM3 is amazing because it tries to be the anti-capeshit movie, such a shame they didn't get to go all the way with the theme.
>>
>>66943241
This movie had sex with your wife?
>>
>>66943319
Just because it tried to be anti-capeshit doesn't make it automatically good.

It was boring as shit with god awful humor and an annoying kid sidekick. No stakes, no character, no action, no good humor, no nothing. It was a waste of 2 hours.
>>
>>66943138
It makes sense though, because Iron Man was the film that started all the capeshit. Back then, they just wanted to make an awesome Iron Man origins story, and put a lot of love into the production of the film. It really shows in the final product: it's innocent and pure, before they started franchising everything.
>>
>>66942950
X-Men First Class > all other capeshit
>>
>>66942950
Winter Soldier was better. Hell Captain America the first avenger was better. Ironman is boring as fuck.

Blade 1 and 2, Xmen 2, Spiderman 1 and 2, and Deadpool are infinitely better than Boringman.
>>
>>66943263
>xmen
>good
>ever

Found the faggot redditer
>>
>>66943087
>>66943127
I liked the first half of Guardians, but everything after the infinity stones thing (and maybe some a bit before, I don't remember) felt like a downhill ride.
>>
File: thumbs-up.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
thumbs-up.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>66943058
>was just about to call everyone a faggot for not liking blade

you're doing God's work, anon
>>
>>66943386
>god awful humor
Humor was fine
>annoying kid sidekick
You mean the kid? He was barely in the movie, they even joke about how he totally isn't a sidekick.
>No stakes, no character
It has the fucking highest stakes and most character out of all the Iron Man movies. His suit is a dysfunctional prototype and the movie is all about how he actually realizes that he himself is Iron Man, and not the suit or the shrapnel in the heart. It's a simple theme but it's the best character development he has in any of the movies.
>>
File: home is where the.webm (2 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
home is where the.webm
2 MB, 1920x800
>>66943087
yeah, I was thinking about this today. These 3 are some of the best of the current generation of superhero movies. Ant-man and the first Thor was a pretty solid one too
>>
>>66943435
First Class is one of the most overrated. Chock full of cringeworthy dialogue.
>>
I had a weird moment with IM a few weeks ago. Was writing a paper on American counterinsurgency tactics when I decided to take a break and watch it again. It begins and the first thing I see is Iraq, start thinking about how we were there when the movie was released but now we aren't. I dunno.
>>
>>66944499
>but now we aren't
Still American military bases there and we're providing air support and supplies to the Iraqi military. We're just there a bit less.
>>
>>66943058
why the fuck does he look like an early 2000s video game model?
>>
Winter Soldier was good until pic related happened
>>
>>66942950
Its sad cause that is the only one that feels like a film. Good cinematography, good writing, and good acting. All the rest have that "Marvel " look
>>
File: sad man.jpg (51 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
sad man.jpg
51 KB, 500x338
>>66945541
It's really true, that movie was so close to transcending dealing with real contemporary issues and posing interesting questions about the whole SHIELD universe they'd built up... until they said fuck it and opted for a unilateral, generic, unquestionably evil capeshit villain.
>>
I like the Iron Man movies, but to be honest I find them less appealing because I hate the whole "rich guy says and does whatever he wants while banging score of hot women" sort of wish fulfillment for impressionable young men.
>>
>>66945679
If it wasn't for that, then instead of HYDRA the big bad would have been SHIELD itself, who cares.
>>
>>66945729
typical marveldrone
>>
>>66945856
>namecalling in the first reply
Impressive.
>>
>>66945679
>Implying
While the nazis were the bad ones, Nick Fury started the project, he thought it was a good idea, even the ones at the gov (non-nazis) were okay with it and after what happened they are still pushing the project.
>>
>>66945685
Ariana?
>>
>>66945491
That's a bit like saying that we were still in Vietnam in '75 when Saigon fell. We were, but not really. Large-scale on-the-ground involvement is what matters in irregular warfare, and that's what we're no longer doing. We're still there, but not to nearly the same extent we were in 2008.
>>
>>66945685
kill yourself
>>
>>66943058
Blade was fucking boring and the sequel's were literally shit tier.
>>
>>66942950
what the fuck
that one was the worst, even thor was better
the best ones have being the captain ones
>>
Not in order but the only capeshit movies.

Iron Man
Iron Man 2
X-Men 2
X-Men: First Class
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Spider Man 2
Guardians of the Galaxy
Deadpool
Ant-Man
The Avengers
>>
>>66942950
IM1 is vastly overrated. TWS is the only Disney Marvel decent movie.

>>66943058
Wasnt made by Marvel.
>>
I liked Ant-Man more because I am more of a fan of his character.
>>
>>66943263
Good cape Kino:

Batman 1989
Batman Returns
X2
SM1
SM 2
Ang Lee's Hulk

The rest belongs in the trash.
>>
File: 1450910701904.jpg (163 KB, 650x512) Image search: [Google]
1450910701904.jpg
163 KB, 650x512
>>66947553
>Iron Man 2
>no Winter Soldier
>>
>Nigger liking ant man
if you told me they would make a capeshit with fucking paul rudd i would have laughed in your face but no. these jews have no shame.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.