[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you hate Nolan so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
Why do you hate Nolan so much?
>>
only cucks do
>>
Nolan is based
>>
I hate him he is a white devil
>>
>>66940255
The man knows what he's doing. Practical effects and actually putting effort into your motion pictures is how it should be done. The cornfield scene in any other director's movie would be a shitload of green screen cgi.

Nolan is based.
>>
>>66940255
his films are corny
>>
>44 years old
Holy shit, he's still got half a lifetime of making flicks in him.
>>
I hope he considers becoming a corn farmer full time.
>>
>>66940255
Why didn't he do it in an already existing crop plantation?
>>
He thinks he's creative when in fact he's merely competent.
>>
>>66940402
CARLOS YOU LITTLE SHIT I CAN'T WAIT FOR TRUMP TO DEPORT YOUR ASS
>>
>>66940402
Very true.
>>
>>66940255
Did he also impregnate a woman 40 years ago to create Aidan Gillen so he could get a perfect actor for the dramatic role of CIA?
>>
>>66940508
he actually set a corn field on fire I guess
>>
>>66940255
>Why do you hate Nolan so much?
Well, for starters Johnathan Nolan is fucking shit.

I like Christopher Nolan, however, and I'd like him more if he fired his idiot brother.

I think he's full of shit, and some of his movies could be immensely better if he did a few tings differently.

DOCKING is one of my favorite sequences in any movie of the last decade, but there are some serious missteps in what he does.

>tfw Johnathan Nolan is writing a Foundation tv series adaptation
JUST
>>
>>66940255
Because he made TDKR
>>
Yeah, that's what America needs: more corn.
>>
>>66940464
why do people use trips to shitpost? aren't you supposed to be putting on an example to get some validation from the community? I'm confused
>>
I think we can all agree that it's about time Christopher Nolan directs a proper sequel to The Cuckhold.
>>
File: apple.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
apple.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>66940255
because everyone else likes him!
>>
>>66940629
they just want attention
>>
>>66940255
>not planting one acre and using mirrors
He works hard but not smart
>>
Literally because he's popular. Stop trying to find complexity in the motivations of a board that thinks puns and repeated words are the epitome of humor.
>>
>>66940629
>he doesn't do it for the (You)s
>>
>>66940255
>made a profit from the crop

pretty based desu
>>
>>66940255
i dont hate him but i think he is honestly just not that good.

Like he tries to make movies about big ideas and attempts to be Kubrick but in the end he is just hollywood mainstream and makes movies with shallow themes and lots of exposition.

The fan-theories and in-depth analysis (like the one about the Prestige) just strengthen my opinion that he is one of the most overrated people in the world.
>>
Nolan is pretty based. I really didn't care for Inception, but the sets are extremely impressive. I'll concede Interstellar's many flaws, but I still really liked it. Haven't seen his older stuff tbqh.
>>
>>66940391
He's like James Cameron in that he works hard and has a passion for his work. Like how Peter Jackson used to be, or much as I dislike him, Kubrik.

These teens posting here have a contrarian mentality and also come from other unnamed sites where Nolan is worshipped. People don't post as they feel, only as what their reputation should say they feel (despite no accounts, they still have this mindset from said unnamed sites). Nolan is popular, and as such he must be shit until the time comes when he's unpopular. There's a difference between having genuine criticisms against a director, and just shitposting for the sake of trying to fit in. Fucking 25 and I got over this shit when I was 17, grow the fuck up and have actual discussion you dumbasses.
>>
>>66940736
nobody gives a shit about people who shitpost though, we have hundreds of thousands of them on here

In fact I've never even heard of your trip before so you obviously aren't doing a very good job of it
I guess /tv/ just isn't really suited for tripcodes though
>>
I don't.
I just don't like (most of) his movies.
>>
>>66940517
>deporting a legal citizen
>implying Trump understands what constitutes a citizen under the law
>implying you don't need an amendment to deport anchor babies
>>
>>66940878
I'm the person you replied to. I think he is a talented and good director, most certainly one of the best directors of blockbuster movies with good storylines, however, he does have a few weaknesses and is slightly overrated by some people.

I don't get why some people criticize him and state: "He's not a genius auteur director", no shit sherlock; Nolan doesn't even claim to be, he directs blockbuster movies. People love him because he makes entertaining blockbusters with strong stories, that's why.

Dumbasses.
>>
>>66940896
I just used it for that one post.

Tripshits are cancer, but this is a Nolan thread so I figured it'd be ok.
>>
File: FlatTire.png (339 KB, 580x579) Image search: [Google]
FlatTire.png
339 KB, 580x579
But what about the FLAT TIRE!?
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 243x323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 243x323
>>66940255
Too much of Malick's Socratic dialogue....

Not enough Lang and Frankenheimer.
>>
>>66941012
>not a genius auteur director", no shit sherlock; Nolan doesn't even claim to

his fanboys do though and its annoying.
>>
File: image.jpg (214 KB, 944x753) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214 KB, 944x753
I think to combine the existential paradox and the Socratic dialogue is simply too ethereal for a film...

Using existential paradoxes in a very taut, thrilling way is Nolan's major skill, and it's a great one.
>>
>>66940629
My friend I have used this trip since 2010 i have had ups and downs but i never post on /tv/ as anon, whether im shitposting or not, and thats a promise
>>
>>66940255
Most of his movies have unsatisfying endings, but he is one of those directors that you will watch anyway because you know he has the potential to make something great. Even though his best movies are just good tier
>>
>>66940255
My normie friends said they liked his movies once so he's garbage now. I once heard someone quote Pulp Fiction in public so all of Tarantino's stuff is now garbage.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 482x544) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 482x544
William Archer in his book 'Play-making' stated that writers tend to unify their scripts in one of three ways:

1. Unity of Concoction (The Formless Format of most movies)
Relying on a jumble of ideas, beliefs, POVs, and whimsicalities on the subject.

2. Unity of Concatenation (Novelistic Format)
Relying on a series of intertwined or interlinked events.

3. A Structural Unity of Acts
He argues that the Greeks and Shakespeare and basically everyone of note used this format.
>>
>>66940571
Of course!
>>
>>66940736
(You)
>>
>>66941440
>I* (remember to use capitalization where appropriate) never post on /tv/
This is the goal you should strive for.
>>
>>66942401
wow rude, you probably dont even realise it but I have contributed a lot to /tv/ over the years

maybe you should think about doing the same??
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.