[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
worth seeing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: v1.jpg (12 KB, 180x267) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
12 KB, 180x267
>>
Definitely
>>
>>66934557
Not if you liked Cloverfield.
>>
>>66934557
>MEW is perfection as usual.
>Goodman is GOAT
>Bearddude from Short Term 12 was likable as hell.

I liked it.
>>
>>66934635

I disagree.

I liked Cloverfield and I really enjoyed this movie. It's well made and has some fantastic performances. That being said, DO NOT go in expecting a Cloverfield sequel you're going to walk out disappointed.
>>
REMINDER: J J AND THAT FAGGOT DIRECTOR LIED THROUGH OMISSION OF THE HARD FACTS SO PEOPLE WOULD HYPE THIS UNORIGINAL, SOULESS CASHGRAB
REMINDER: IT'S A COMPLETELY SEPARATE UNIVERSE AND THEY KEPT QUIET ABOUT THIS UNTIL A DAY BEFORE RELEASE TO TRICK PEOPLE INTO SEEING IT
>>
>>66934801
Not a separate universe, don't listen to this pleb.
>>
>>66934780
I liked Cloverfield and wanted a sequel so checkmate, fag. Cloverfield was mysterious and made you want to know more, instead of your typical DUDE ALIENS LMAO which everyone has seen before.
>>
>>66934856
The director literally said it's a completely different story in a different world with the only connection to Cloverfield being that it's a dark sci-fi, that's all.
>>
File: 1457106588198.jpg (15 KB, 320x239) Image search: [Google]
1457106588198.jpg
15 KB, 320x239
It was a damn good movie

the acting and sound editing made the movie honestly, would recommend watching in Imax or something because the sound made this movie scary as shit

Director said they're turning the franchise into an anthology of loosely connected movies and stuff

so basically a movie series of the Twilight Zone
>>
>>66934801

I don't get why people are so hung up on this.

They said they want to make Cloverfield into anthology series with standalone films that have similar concepts (a small human story in the middle of a big scifi event), themes, and tone.

Not seeing how that's a bad thing.

It'd be like if Shaun of the Dead was titled "Cornetto" or something, and then Cornetto 2 came out (Hot Fuzz) and people hated it because it wasn't in the same universe as the original. Only difference in this case is that they didn't have similar titles despite technically being part of a series.

It 10CL is a spiritual sequel, and they announced/marketed it as such. They said it wasn't a direct follow up and it LOOKED nothing like a direct follow up because of how drastically different it is.

If they had said "AND HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE CLOVERFIELD MONSTER AFTER THE NEW YORK INCIDENT" then didn't MAYBE you'd have a case to say you were cheated, but as it stands they made it blatantly obvious that this film was a spinoff and not a sequel.
>>
Since when do people even like Cloverfield enough to bank on the IP like this?
It was mediocre.
>>
>>66934892

Why does liking Cloverfield and liking this movie have to be mutually exclusive?

Like I said, it a good movie but it has little to do with Cloverfield outside of some thematic similarities and a few references. If you want a Cloverfield movie, this ain't it. However, if you go in looking for a good Scifi Thriller, the movie delivers pretty damn well.

I walked out of both movies liking them, for slightly different reasons.
>>
>>66935035
kill yourself nigger
>>
>>66935152
>Why does liking Cloverfield and liking this movie have to be mutually exclusive?
Because it was original and actual effort was put into making Cloverfield genuinely spooky, 10CL is some other film with a J J-made section taped to the end.
>>
>>66935035
Nigger, this movie is worth torrenting only, not even gonna' buy the DVD.
>>
>>66934557
I guess. the music really is ill fitting of the movie's claustrophobic atmosphere, the designs for the aliens arent that scary, and overall the ending switches to a war of the worlds type scenario that doesnt go that great with the rest of the movie. It is a solid and intense movie, due to the acting and the directing, and John Good an is just a great as he ever is, but his character does feel more of a two dimensional bad guy the more the movie progressives. everythingg you suspect of him is pretty much true, which makes the "twists" fall a bit flat for me.

if they upped the movie to an R, that wouldve been cool too. some of the violence doesnt have the same impact as it would if it was an R
>>
>>66935367
i pretty much agree. its not like its a point against it, I just feel that the movie wouldve been better as its own thing. they still couldve done the silent reveal of its existence, have JJ Abrams' name on it, and it still wouldve made bank. having cloverfield as the title just adds too much explaining, and the anthology aspect really doesnt work for me if both movies are only tangentally related. its like saying ET and Close Encounters are part of an anthology series
>>
File: 1454869394085.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1454869394085.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>66935438
>>66935319

>Haven't even seen the movie yet

jesus christ anons at least try
>>
>>66935737
I thought he music was great as it increased the tension. It increases your unease as it does not match what you expect and seems too cheerful.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.