[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did he give himself roles in his own movies? It was especially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: m-night-shyamalan-1-sized.jpg (20 KB, 240x318) Image search: [Google]
m-night-shyamalan-1-sized.jpg
20 KB, 240x318
Why did he give himself roles in his own movies?

It was especially jarring in Signs because it's supposed to take place in like bumfuck Kansas or something and suddenly there's this random curryfag even though everyone else is white.

Then in Lady in the Water he's a pivotal fucking character.

What the absolute fuck.
>>
>>66931852
>bumfuck Kansas
It's Bucks County Pennsylvania.
Very close to Philadelphia.
>>
Because he's a hack.
>>
I liked both movies and have no objection to him being in them.

fite me
>>
>>66931852
fucking faggot

what a shit thread
>>
you didn't wait for the thread TWEEEST

turns out : M. Night posted this thread himself!!!!!!!
>>
>>66932343

Same. I really don't give a shit. None of his roles felt jarring or out of place.
>>
>>66931852
Why did all his movies need to have a twist?
>>
just think how good The Village would have been if there really were monsters out in the forest
>>
To get paid as both writer, director, AND actor.
>>
Ego.
>>
>>66933027
It would have been just another monster movie. But with that twist people are still talking about it to this day. Pretty smart
>>
M NIGHT OFFICIAL POWER RANKINGS

Unbreakable > The Village >> The Sixth Sense >>> The Visit > Signs >> Lady In The Water >>> The Happening >>>>> The Last Airbender >>>>>>>>> After Earth
>>
>>66936200
The Happening is number one.

I also forgot that After Earth was M Night
>>
The only good lengthy director cameo (as in, not Hitchcock being in the edge of the frame for 0.5 secodns) I've ever seen was in Pulp Fiction. In contrast, his cameo in Django was pretty terrible as was the movie.
>>
>>66937004
OP isn't talking about cameos.
>>
>>66937092
>lengthy cameos
>pulp fiction
I think I understood OP
>>
>>66931852

all directors are failed actors. so when they make the big time they can finally get themselves into the movies.

see Quentin Tarantino for more.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.